Chapter Two

L for Luck, L for Lies

 

Eunchae is still standing in the lift, shocked to hear the news. She finally snapped out of it and cursed out loud when she got to the lobby. 
 
"Seriously?! Can my luck get any worse?" Just as she said that, a motorcycle drove past her and the man snatched her bag from her grasp. Eunchae stood there for a while and yelled some profanities before running after the man.
 
"HEY! STOP!! Damn it!!" Eunchae continued running as fast as she could until she was stopped by a car that hit her.
 
"Hey... Stop....." She mumbled before passing out. 
 
"Are you okay?" A voice asked. Eunchae stirred a little before she finally regained her consciousness.  
 
"Who are you?" Eunchae asked the person. The light is shining too bright that she can't see the face of the person clearly. 
 
"The guy who took you to the hospital. What were you thinking, running into my car like that? You could have gotten a major injury because of that.." The person told her. Eunchae squinted her eyes to get a better look of the guy and her jaw dropped to see it was none other that her crush, Kim Myungsoo.
 
"W-who am I...?" Euchae blurted out unknowingly.
 
Myungsoo's eyes widened. "Who are you? I'm not sure.. We don't have your ID."
 
"ID? W-what ID?" Eunchae asked unknowingly again.
 
"Hold on. I need to call the doctor." Myungsoo stood up from his chair and rushed out. Eunchae sat up and rubbed her temples. 
 
"Oh my goodness, is that really Kim Myungsoo?! Am I dreaming? Oh my gosh. I guess I have no choice but to act like I have Amnesia." Eunchae whispered to herself. Myungsoo came back with the doctor and asked her to come with them to his office.
 
"It looks like the damage she had gotten from the accident inflicted a minor pain to her brain. She's having minor Retrograde Amnesia and with a bit of help from her family and friends, her memory can be restored." The doctor paused, "But she can still do and remember basic things like household chores, writing and mathematics. What's 6 times 7?" He asked. 
 
"48," Eunchae answered immediately.
 
"A-actually, it's 42. But it's okay. You can ask this gentleman for help anytime. Is that fine with you?" He turned to Myungsoo. Eunchae looked at him deeply.
 
"Y-yeah, I guess.." Myungsoo crossed his arms.
 
After resting for two days, Eunchae is released from the hospital. Since she has 'amnesia' and that she 'could not remember anything', Myungsoo invited her to stay at his house to help her regain her memory back.
 
"Do make yourself at home. Since this will be your temporary home, anyway." Myungsoo said as he threw his keys on the table. Eunchae stood there, shocked. His house is huge. At the back, there is a garden and a fish pond. There is a basement and the whole house is about 3 storeys high. 
 
"Quite a big house for someone living alone.." Eunchae muttered to herself. Myungsoo turned and raised a brow at her. Eunchae smiled and pretended she did not say anything.
 
"Anyway, I'm going to go somewhere for a while. You can stay here alone right?" He asked. Eunchae nodded her head in response.
 
 
 
 
a/n: I SHOULDN'T BE UPDATING RIGHT NOW (still sick).... but oh well, i have nothing to do... By the way, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR to all of those who.. celebrate CNY!