Chapter Eighteen

L for Luck, L for Lies

a/n: This is quite a short chapter. I'm so sorry that the chapters kept getting shorter and shorter, I don't even know why.. But I will try to write longer chapters and update as often as I can.

_______________________________________

 

 

 

"I.... I..... I don't know...." She sighed, looking away. "I just felt.. the need to apologise to you.."
 
*Damn it, I can't do this!*
 
"No, you don't need to apologise for anything," he reassured and gave a smile.
 
"Really? I'm feeling so guilty right now," she widened eyes.
 
"Oh well, since its like that, why not you come to my birthday party? If you go, then I'll "accept" your apology. How about that?" He asked with gleaming eyes.
 
*This guy is just too perfect to get hurt..*
 
"Okay, then." She smiled. It was awkward for a while and then Myungsoo stood up and had to go. They bid their goodbyes and walked off.
 
*I guess I will tell him the truth when the right time comes..*
 
 
When she got home, she found Sungyeol trying to do a handstand but failed at it. He bumped his on the wall and started groaning and whining. Eunchae smirked and dashed into her room, not helping him at all. She placed her bag and sighed in frustration.
 
*I can never do this and I never will.*
 
She looked over at the clock and it showed 5pm. At that moment, she heard a thud coming from outside. When she came to look, Woohyun and Sungyeol bumped their butts onto the wall and are groaning and whining. 
 
*I can't stay with these idiots bumping their butts onto walls the entire time..*
 
She grabbed her phone and went out, heading to Jiyoung's house. When she arrived, she found Jiyoung at the rooftop balcony, drinking coffee while scribbling on her sketchbook.
 
"Hey, what's up?" She looked up to Eunchae. Eunchae sat down beside her and sighed.
 
"Nothing much except getting frustrated over the thought of Myungsoo.. I just-"
 
"Look, Eunchae. I don't know what the heck is up with you right now, but you are really in a huge mess." Jiyoung cut her off. 
 
"What?? I-"
 
"No. Listen. Everytime you see me, it's either about work or Myungsoo. I know he's your long time crush or love, whatever. But I've put up with this for too long. You totally disregarded me. We talked about fun stuff back then. Now? What the heck happened to the past Eunchae?" Jiyoung let her entire thoughts out to Eunchae, baffling her. She has never told Eunchae off like this. Usually, Jiyoung would be very quiet and listen to every word Eunchae has to say.
 
"I'm sorry... I'm really stressed out. I tried to not get too frustrated but I can't help it," she apologised. Jiyoung sighed out loud.
 
"I understand. But you have to be honest and face it. You started this so you have to face it and end this spiral of lies, no matter how ashamed you would be. I know this is blunt, but you were the one who did this to yourself. I can only stand by and watch," she told. Eunchae gave a little smile and nodded. She stayed for a while before heading back home.
 
*This is so confusing..*
 
 
13th March , 7am
 
Time passed by so fast and it was already mid-March. Eunchae found herself asleep on her desk, drooling over the table.
 
"Oh my gosh, I'm so gross.." She mumbled while getting a towel to wipe it off. She looked over at the clock and the calendar.
 
*Oh it's Myungsoo's birthday...* She smiled at the thought of him.
 
*Wait... I forgot, I didn't buy him anything!!*