Chapter Seventeen

L for Luck, L for Lies

 

4:59 PM, 28 February
 
Sungyeol went up and about in the apartment and finally settled in Eunchae's room, watching her write and type furiously.
 
"Nunaaa... I'm bored.." He groaned.
 
"Okaaay..." She answered while adjusting her huge glasses, not paying any attention to her brother who is bored to death.
 
"Nunaa... I'm hungry.." He groaned again.
 
"Okaaay..."
 
"Nunaaa... I'm going to steal your wallet.." He groaned while slipping his hands into her bag.
 
"Oka- No!! Nice try, you arse!" She snatched it away from him and glared at him for a while. He laughed nervously and slowly made his way out of her room before making a run for it out f the front door. Eunchae sighed loudly for the hundredth time and picked up her pen and started scribbling things on her notepad.
 
"Okay whatever, to hell with this freaking article, I'm out of here!" She threw her stuff aside and slipped into another set of clothes. She quickly grabbed her things and headed for the door. 
 
She walked around for a while, listening to the music on her ipod, trying to get rid of the stress. After a while, she stopped at the cafe where she and Myungsoo would coincidentally bump into each other.
 
*I really do not want to see him at the moment...* 
 
She sighed and went in. She looked around, trying to spot Myungsoo. Fortunately, he isn't there so she settled down and ordered a cup of coffee.
 
*I really miss my normal life... How I wish I was not involved in this mess that I caused..*
 
"Oh, Eunchae. What are you doing here?" 
 
She almost scared the living daylights off herself. She looked up to see that it was her boss, not Myungsoo. She sighed in relief.
 
*Thank goodness..*
 
"I told Jiyoung to tell you that you can get back to the team if you can write an article for this upcoming issue, since quite a few people are handling the special year-end article which is coming in two.. months? Did you get the message?" She smiled at Eunchae and Eunchae nodded in response. 
 
"What ideas do you have on mind?" She asked. 
 
"Uh.. I have none in mind, currently.." She touched her nape, smiling sheepishly. 
 
"Oh I see.. Why not you write about the famous architect then? What's his name.. Was it Kim Myungsoo? Yeah I guess so," she mumbled about Myungsoo's name.
 
*Am I supposed to be happy or frustrated..?*
 
"Thanks, boss. I need to get going. See you on Monday, then." She smiled and walked out.
 
 
"Myungsoo myungsoo myungsoo!! Myungsoo this, Myungsoo that!! Damn it!!" She grabbed her stuff and nearly threw it on the floor in anger.
 
"Why am I so angry anyway.... Oh god.." She jumped on her bed and slept all the way.
 
 
The next day..
 
"I need to see someone." Eunchae said in a rush in response to Sungyeol's question. He groaned out loud and watched her walk out of the door.
 
She walked past the cafe to see that Myungsoo is there, eating. She rearranged her hair and acted normal and stepped into the cafe.
 
"Hi, Myungsoo-oppa! What a coincidence meeting you here!" She beamed. Myungsoo smiled.
 
"Hi, Eunchae. Sit down," he gestured and Eunchae helped herself.
 
"Myungsoo-oppa...... I'm.. sorry.." Eunchae's expression changed suddenly and she started apologising to him.
 
"What? Why are you apologising?" 
 
 
a/n: I'm so sorry if I rushed things and you get kind of confused.. I had to rush this so that I can get to other things.. I apologise for the short chapters, everyone... I promise to put in longer chapters in the future.