Chapter Three

L for Luck, L for Lies

FLASHBACK

 

 

3 January.
First day as a senior in high school. 
 
Eunchae walked to school while eating a sandwich like what she would do every morning. She was admiring Myungsoo's back. Just as she wanted to get a step closer to him, Woohyun greeted her out of nowhere. 
 
"Good morning, shorty!!" He beamed while waving at her.
 
"Woohyun, you idiot. What do you want?" Eunchae crossed her arms.
 
"Just wanted to say good morning to you. Bye!" He left. Eunchae cursed him under her breath.
 
"You...... er.. Wait no I don't have a ..." Eunchae thought about it for a while. "AISH! Whatever!! Go to hell, Nam Woohyun!"
 
 
13 March.
His Birthday.
 
Eunchae walked around the shopping mall to find something for Myungsoo's birthday. She gave up trying and went home. When she was showering, she had an idea of stitching an L doll to a chain to make an L doll keychain since she knew very well that Myungsoo loved Death Note. She finished it in one day without rest and decided to give it to him the next day. 
 
Again, in the morning, Eunchae would walk behind Myungsoo but this time, she really wanted to give him his present so she went ahead without hesitating.
 
"Uh-" 
 
Just as Eunchae was about to talk to Myungsoo for the very first time, she was distrupted by a girl who went to greet him. A very, very pretty girl.
 
"Myungsoo-oppa~! Happy birthday! Here's your present! After school, we'll go watch a movie together, okay?" The girl linked arms with Myungsoo and walked off. Myungsoo just gave her an awkward smile. Eunchae dropped her box in shock and stood there for a while. Woohyun came up to her.
 
"Hi, shorty! Oh, you dropped something.. Anyway, I got to go, bye!" Woohyun smiled and ran off to school. Eunchae snapped out of it and quickly picked up the box which is now covered in wet, dead leaves.
 
"Dang it! Now it's dirty!" She started cursing her luck for the entire day. Until she realised that she could have just bought a new box and just mail it to him.
 
"Ah... Eunchae, you are so dumb. So dumb that even Woohyun is probably smarter than you.  What an idiot," She cursed herself while hitting her head, smiling.
 
15 March
A surprise
 
Eunchae walked behind Myungsoo in the morning as per normal, admiring Myungsoo bird nest hair which looks so amazing to Eunchae but a freaking hot mess to others. All of a sudden, she got distrupted, again, by Woohyun.
 
"Hi, shorty!!" Woohyun beamed at her. Eunchae rolled her eyes at him. "What."
 
"Nothing. Bye!" He grinned and waved. Eunchae sighed and slapped herself twice.
 
"Why am I friends with such a noob...." Eunchae looked up to see Myungsoo's back again, which made her lighten up. She smiled and did a double take at Myungsoo's bag and her eyes widened to see that the L doll keychain is attatched to Myungsoo's bag.
 
"He got it!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!" Eunchae yelled and started running in circles like a freak, gaining attention from the other students who passed by. She realised that many people were looking at her and she stopped and pretended that nothing happened. She continued walking towards the school, smiling sheepishly and started grinning, showing her bright teeth like a fool.