Birthday Gift

Yoong Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Thank you," Changmin bowed politely as he received a present from another one of his friends. Once realizing there wasn't anyone else in line to give him a gift, he released a breath of relief. Don't get him wrong he loved his presents and his friends, but he's been rooted to the spot he was currently occupying since an hour ago and he was getting hungry. As if on cue, his stomach growled in hunger. "Are you hungry?" Changmin asked and patted his stomach. "Let's go get some food."

Through the mass of trainees he saw the snack table. He squeezed between his friends, once in a while offering an excuse me. A lopsided grin crept on his face when he finally reached the table. Noticing the snacks weren't actually what you called snacks, Changmin sighed in disappointment. It was to be expected though; they were after all just trainees, trainees who didn't have enough money to spend on birthday parties. On the bright side, they did manage to bring gifts.

Out of the corner of his eye, a dark skinned girl munching on a carrot stick caught his attention. He scanned her up and down, racking his brain to identify her. Odd, I don't remember any girl in overalls. "Hey," He greeted the girl.

With half of the carrot stick still in , she turned around, eyes wide like she had been caught doing something horrible. "Hi," she pulled out the vegetable and bowed down like the way she had been taught to.

"I don't remember seeing you enter; did you give me a gift?" Changmin said boldly, they still haven't had lessons from the company on how to talk polietly. The young girl's head cocked to the side and sent him a questioning look. "You see today's my birthday and this is my party."

"Oh," the girl's eyes shifted to the cake that was placed in the middle of the table, "I'm sorry I thought this was a snack room for all the trainees to eat and I was hungry so I just..." She apologized, sincerely embarrassed by her own actions and turned around, ready to leave. Aish, this is so the last time I'm following my stomach.

"Wait," He called out to her, she twisted her body around to hear what he had to say. "You can stay-"

"Really?" Her eyes enlarged, if that was even possible. Changmin chuckled as her face literally lit up. "Thank you, thank you." She bowed quickly several times, showing her appreciation.

"I wasn't finished." Changmin informed her, immediately she froze in her position. "You can stay if you give me a gift."

"But I don't have any money..." Her lips quivered and stuffed half of the carrot stick she's been holding into to stop her from crying.

"That's alright, I'm interested in something else." He murmured, his eyes fixated on the carrot. Before she could ask what th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter