Bright lights

Modern vs Medieval

 

It's the 19th century and it is a very cold day. Everyone has extra coals on the fire and people are still outside trying to make ends meat. People of Korea at the time were always trying to find a way to survive. With the constant wars people didn't  know if they would have a house today or tomorrow. Most people lived like it was their last, so there were many theifs who were chased and arrested. 
 
The was not a lot of authority were the commoners lived. They did have a couple of people who were put on watch at the markets but most didn't care. Either way the guards were paid. People loved their king but they also hated him for the lack of attention that he gives his people. 
 
Though people complain inside their homes, they would never speak out against the king. The king can be a scary man how he has so much power to get ride of everything that you own...and with a move of the hand it could be your head. 
 
The King was very powerful. Other kingdoms hated his power and always wanted to start a war. One thing the people could say for fact was that the king does keep his land safe. There have been a couple cannons in the past but nothing that got to the palace. 
 
With their guards and staff of over 2000 there was always someone trained and ready to kill. Even the Queens ladies in waiting had skill with their swords. The King is very proud of his army and helpers. He only wished his son had more enthusiasm when it came to Kingly duties. 
 
Jiyong is the only child so he lived a very spoiled life. His father when he was younger always was away at war or too tired to see the boy. So because of the lack of attention Jiyong became pretty much a brat. He always had to have the best of everything and if it was not to his liking you lost your job and could get arrested. 
 
The man was really a and most people in the kingdom fear the future for their own children. The King that they have now they wish that Jiyong would be the same. Still Jiyong hates the idea and does as he pleases. His poor...let's say "Man in waiting" Seungri has to be around the brat 24hrs a day. People in the palace commend the younger for putting up with such a foul person. 
 
"Seungri...give me my shoes." Seungri bends down and helps his master put on his shoes. Jiyong looks at himself in the foggy mirror. "Great now let's go exploring." 
 
"Young Master the King wished for you to stay at the palace." says the younger in a low tone. Jiyong furrows his brows. "You dare to not do as I say?" Jiyong looks down at the man in front of him. Seungri then bows to the floor. "I'm sorry young master. I should have listened to you. Please forgive me." Jiyong smirks. "You may rise." 
 
Jiyong walks out of the room and walks towards outside. It's a cold day today so the prince is in his finest furs. Jiyong's mother stops her son. "Jiyong ah...where are you going my son." Jiyong smiles and walks to his mother. "I want to do some exploring before dinner." The Queen smiles. "Okay son...don't be late." Jiyong smiles and then walks towards the gardens. Seungri aka the shadow is right behind him. 
 
Jiyong stops and turns back to his servant. He notices that he is not wearing a jacket. "Why are you not wearing the royal attire?" Seungri looks down. "I gave it to my brother..." The younger looks down. Jiyong starts to undo his own jacket and take it off. He still has three other layers on...."Master what are you doing?" Seungri panics as the prince puts his coat on over the younger. "It is too cold outside to argue. Wear it." Jiyong fastens the coat and then continues to walk off. Seungri feels the warmth of the coat and smiles to himself. "I guess he is not too bad all the time. " 
 
The two continue to keep walking until they get to the end of the garden. Jiyong looks around at the mostly dead garden but then is caught off guard when he sees a hedge that is fully green. It has beautiful flowers and it is well groomed. Jiyong of course walks towards the beauty. Seungri follows as they approach the odd hedge. 
 
They both stand in front of it and Jiyong looks at the tall hedge in awe. "It is amazing how this is still here." He puts his hand out and touches a leaf. The hedge glows slightly and the two freak out. "Wha wha was that master?" 
 
Jiyong furrows his brows. "I don't know." He puts his hand out again." 
 
"Don't touch it master..what if it...MASTER!!!" 
 
/////////////////////////PRESENT DAY////////////////////////
 
"All right everyone let's get into a team huddle and let's cheer for the day." Everyone slowly gets together and cheers. "Go team go!" The team manager then smiles. "Great work today everyone. Let's work on the number for tomorrow!" The lady leaves the conference room and everyone is released from the over excited woman. 
 
Daesung loosens his tie. " me...that woman is too ing hyper..." Everyone in the room agrees. YoungBae the assistant of the team manager chuckles. "You think that you have it bad. I have to work under that woman."
 
Cherin grins. "How is she...is she any good." 
 
" you Cherin." says Bae at the younger's ual reference. There are always rumors of the man going out with his manager, but really they are just co workers. "Hyung?" says Daesung nudging his co worker. Seunghyun stands up from his chair. "Oh sorry." 
 
"Hyung you really do space out." 
 
"Oh..." Seunghyun looks down at his ugly sweater....fashion is never a priority. Minzy comes over to the older. "Oppa...did you  call the girl that I suggested to you?" The older looks down again and mumbles. "I didn't get a chance to." Minzy grins. "Oppa...why are you so shy. You are very handsome." Seunghyun chuckles. "I'm just not interested in girls right now." 
 
Bae then puts an arm around his hyung's shoulder. "We should take you to the bar today and meet a nice piece of " Cherin rolls her eyes. "Oh yea take him to a bar for what. To scare the man...he can't handle that..." 
 
Seunghyun laughs quietly "I'm right here guys." His co workers always are concerned for the man. Because his co workers are all that he has in life. His parents of course are in his life but still he needs to have more interaction. The people at work try to get him to speak more and to converse more. They do get him to speak but it's little at a time. It is never a full conversation. "I think that I'm going to go home today..." 
 
Everyone in the room sighs. Cherin giggles. "Go on oppa take your leave. I know the guys scared you today." The older chuckles again. "They are still nice people." YoungBae smiles. "Awww hyung I'm touched. Now you have to go out with us one day. You promise?" The older nods and quickly escapes from the room. They are nice people but he doesn't want to be lured into dates and clubs. He knows that people want him to be happy but he doesn't need a girlfriend or a one night stand to be happy. His bear bricks are his friends. 
 
/////////////////THE APARTMENT//////////
 
Seunghyun signs as he goes into his apartment. He is not lonely but he does want some friends. The things that he is interested in people would find weird...or at least that is what he thinks. Over at his job...which is called "Tickle my Pickle." No really...that's the name. People are very bar/club personalities and then the older people are very family orientated. 
 
The older decided to keep to himself since day one. Their crazy boss who is very nice but demanding is enough for him everyday. If he was the more verbal type he would have been fired on the spot for telling her to calm down. He is an accountant so he has to make the budgets for their marketing and advertising division. The job is demanding and at times stressful. If you walked into the office you would never think that with the layed back atmosphere of the employees. 
 
It's not that they are lazy it's just that they don't stress over work. Seunghyun though doesn't let things slide. Deadlines and projects he works on them day and night. He always gets the best numbers...it is something good for work but not so good due to lack of a social life. 
 
Seunghyun goes to his coat closet and takes off the many layers. He neatly places the clothes on the rack and takes off his shoes. He walks into the living area and turns on his TV. There is a random drama playing and Seunghyun takes a seat on the sofa. "Oh I didn't know they were getting together...omo." Seunghyun was raised by his Mom mostly so dramas were their favorite bonding time. 
 
The older gets off the sofa and then heads to the bathroom to start his luxurious bath. He turns on the hot water and gets it to the right temperature. He reaches in his cabinet and takes out his newest bath salt with a passion fruit scent. He pours it into the tub and breathes in the scent. He then looks at the box again and smiles at his great purchase. 
 
The older then closes the door and undresses. The clothes get thrown in the middle of the floor and the older gets into the tub. He is tall so his legs can't go all the way down but it's still a comfortable feeling. His baths are a great get away from everything. It's not that he is stressed he just likes the feeling of being on his own planet. 
 
He stays in the tub for an hour and then gets out to dry off. He drains the water after he is all dried off. Seunghyun feels relaxed and in a great mood. He looks in the mirror at himself and smiles at how perfect his life is. The older then wraps the towel around his waist and opens the door to his dark living room. He then freezes when he feels his room shaking. 
 
The older doesn't remember there being earthquakes in the area. "What the hell" Then there is a bright light. It shines for a second and then goes away. Seunghyun then takes his cell phone in hand. "Who's there?" 
 
Jiyong looks around. He is definitely not at his palace and he is sitting on a weird material. His head is pounding. A man in a towel is in front of him. There is steam and a light behind him. "Who are you?!!" Seunghyun sees two figures in his living room. Jiyong gets wide eyed and points at the man. "Who are you?! "
 
Seunghyun has no idea when or how people got into his apartment but he is now officially freaked. "Who the are you!" 
 
Jiyong turns his head to the weird words. "I'm not . I'm Jiyong and how dare you speak to me in such a tone." says the prince in a commanding tone. Seunghyun then unlocks his phone. "Get out of here before I call the police!!!" Seunghyun is scared now. "Police. Who are they. No one would dare do such a thing." Seungri who was knocked out is now getting back to his senses. He feels the comfortable material beneath him, he then hears people arguing. "Prince!" The younger then stands next to his master. Seunghyun laughs. "Prince....what the are you loons doing here....I'm giving you warning before I call the ing police!" 
 
Jiyong doesn't have a sword and neither does Seungri. "Don't speak to the prince like that!" 
 
"The are you! This is my house!!" Seunghyun then pulls out his phone. "That's it I'm calling the police now. I should have called them earlier but you loons have fully pissed me off!!!" Jiyong stands back as the man presses the magical device. Seunghyun then flicks on his lights. Jiyong and Seungri then fall to the floor. "AAaaaaaaaaaahhhhh" Jiyong screams. "The heavens are punishing me! I did no wrong!!" Seungri looks up at the light fixture and prays out loud. "Why heavens do you have us in this place?" 
 
Seunghyun has no idea what the these men are doing. They are praying to his lamps and calling them the heavens. "Hello sir this is 911." 
 
"Hi there is a break in."
 
"Are you in danger now sir." 
 
"No...they are praying." 
 
"Sir?" 
 
"Just send someone please..." Seunghyun hangs up the phone. He has figured that these men are all talk and not bite. He walks over towards them. Jiyong notices the man and he stands to find the older taller than him. Jiyong speaks informally to him. "How dare you stand this close to my royal presence." 
 
Seunghyun frowns. "You are in my house you impolite !" He yells and then puts his hands on his head. "Why me?" He looks up at the ceiling. Jiyong looks at the older and the surrounds again. This is not home at all. "What kingdom is this?" 
 
"Kingdom..." 
 
Seungri then interjects. "My master wishes to know this kingdom's name. Who is the king?" 
 
"We don't have kings anymore...this is 2013.." 
 
Jiyong's eyes widen "Say the year again?" 
 
"2013...the have you been?" Seunghyun looks the men over. Jiyong furrows his brows. "I'm a prince. I own this land." 
 
"You don't own ..." Seunghyun chuckles as he walks towards the door. "Leave now or the cops will take you." 
 
Jiyong turns his head to the side. "Cops?" 
 
"Just ing leave and never come back!" 
 
Seungri takes his masters hand and drags him to the door. Jiyong tries to pull away. "How dare you drag me peasant!" Jiyong grunts as his is pulled into the hallway. Seunghyun then closes his door with a slam. The two are now left in a random hall. There are many rooms and there are more lights. Seungri points. "We must be in the heavens master." Jiyong lets go of his servants hand. "Then I shall see what they wish." 
 
The two manage to make it to the stairs. They go all the way down and they are put into a back alley. The two are equally freaked out to the new surroundings. They then get a bigger freak out...the city of Seoul. 
 
They look around as they see people going up and down the street there are lights and tons of buildings every where. Seungri points. "There are moving crates! They move so fast.!" says the younger in awe. Jiyong rolls his eyes and just goes up the street lit by the heavens. He has no idea where he is but he wants to get back home. "Let's just go up this road and see if our kingdom will be near." 
 
The two walk for hours. Eventually they both get tired. Jiyong then complains. "Find me food!" Seungri looks at the demanding man and shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know master." People on the street look at the men in their weird clothes and messed up dialog. Jiyong then sees a Mc Donalds across the street. The two have no idea what the place is or what it sells but they saw meats on their windows. Jiyong walks up to a cashier. The woman looks the men over and smile. "How may we help you" Jiyong looks the woman over and furrow his brows. "Peasant give me all your finest meats" 
 
The cashier and other co workers try not to laugh. "Ummm do you want a burger??" Jiyong furrow his brows again. "You dare to question me? The prince??" 
 
"Omo are you actors in a drama" 
 
Seungri gets mad. "Do no mock the prince" The girl laughs. "Okay how much meat do you want?" 
 
Jiyong then screams "Give me all your meats!! Peasent!!" People in the restaurant start to murmur. "Okay that will be 20,000 won. Will that be cash or credit?" 
 
Jiyong gets confused. "I do not have such things. I never pay for my meals. I'm the prince!! Off with your head peasent!" JIyong points at the woman but then is pulled back by a local cop who over heard the commotion. "Who do you two think you are yelling at a employee." Jiyong then yells "Let me go peasant" The cop then throws cuffs on Jiyong's hands. The younger looks down and gets wide eyed. "How dare you!!" The cop's partner comes in the room and takes Jiyong's other side. "Are you responsible for him?" Seungri nods. "We need you to come with us.." The younger nods.
 
////////////////////THE COP CAR////////////////////////
 
The cops turns to the two in the back seat who are lookng and feelnig the surroundings. "Since I'm in a good mood I won't take you to the station. If you promise to not make trouble." Jiyong starts to yell again but Seungri covers his mouth.' "Ne we will be good" The cop smiles. "That one over there is feisty." 
 
"Ne sir he can be..." 
 
"Where do you live?" 
 
Seungri and Jiyong shrug their shoulder. "We don't know sir..." 
 
"Well where did you come from?" 
 
The two shake their head. Seungri then feels something stuck in his coat. He sees a bunch of weird figures. "Is that where you live?" The cop takes the paper from the younger. Seungri just shrugs. "Ne..." 
 
////////////////////////HOME?/////////////////////
 
The cop leads the two to the door and rings the bell. The door slowly opens to reveal..Seunghyun. "What the are they doing here....they broke in earlier..." 
 
"Sir...they say that this is their home..." 
 
"This isn't their home.." 
 
"I think that you three should sort out your differences." The older lady smiles at the older. Seunghyun growls and then looks over the lost but scared weirdly dressed men...he then sighs..."Come in peasants." 
 
Seungri grins and Jiyong furrows his brows. The younger takes his master's hand and drags him in again. Seunghyun bows to the cop and then closes the door. "I must be crazy..." 

Hey all I wanted to start this story. I started another one..but I don't think people are fond of it. Let me know what you think! Love!