No Where To Hide

Baby, I'll Try Smiling.

I walked home with a slight limp. His anger had struck my heart and my head. It’s been around a year since I first started dating him. My legs were bruised as well as parts of my back. It felt like it was lit on fire and the flames were beneath my skin. Making my way to my home slowly I opened the door and took off my shoes. I was in love with him and I feared him, there was no way out of his circle at this point. He already had me on a leash, his soccer buddies all had girlfriends and they would have made my life hell if I tried to escape.

 

I waved to my mother as I walked up stairs to my room as if I was okay. Walking without limping made it hurt even more. My hand grabbed onto the knob of the door and twisted it. I quickly walked in and kept the door unlocked behind me. As I silently walked to my bed took off my socks to evaluate the damage. There were about five bruises on my right leg, two on my left and then my still slightly red cheek from earlier. I could feel it starting to bruise.

 

Laying back I some music and let it calm down my heart. It gave me a warm embrace as I covered my right leg with the blanket incase someone came it, and then it would just look like I fell down on my left leg twice. Lightly resting my eyes I heard a knock that was rather loud. A voice came from it, it was comforting though.

 

“Joo-Eun! You in there? Can I come in?” Daesung called from the hallway.

 

“Yeah, come in.” I softly answered as I sat up against the wall and waited for him to come in.

 

Daesung walked in and closed the door behind him. He sat on the floor besides the bed and smiled. He felt as if something was wrong. “You okay Joo?”

 

I nodded weakly and gave a soft smile, “I always am.”

 

He turned around and noticed my leg immediately and poked one of the bruises making me wince noticeably. I pouted and looked up at him. Daesung smiled and shook his head, “Your lying to me.” Sitting on the bed now he looked at the blanket that was covering my right leg and frowned. “Getting the hot and cold effect or hiding something?”

 

I just kept my head down and turned away from him, he was my friend and I was always keeping secrets from him. Daesung pulled off the blanket and threw it at my face. He saw the bruises and sighed sadly. His expression showed how depressed he was. “You know you can tell me anything and everything right?” I nodded as he patted my head, “I’ll be on my way, treat that properly okay.” As he left the room and closed it behind him I felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

Daesung bowed to the mother and father of Joo-Eun and waved with a charming smile. He walked out and noticed Popun riding a bike with some girl. That girl happened to be one of Popun’s best friends, that was the girl who was playing soccer earlier. Daesung glared at the male when he looked his way and walked to his home which was right besides theirs. The tall male walked in his home to see his mother cooking dinner, his father was also helping though it was sort of disturbing to see that they were all lovey-dovey when he got home. He made his way up to his room and fell on his own bed. Grinding his teeth he felt tears roll down his cheeks. “I’m sorry I can’t keep smiling, but in front of you I’ll always try.” Turning to his back he looked over to a picture of him and me during Halloween, I was dressed as a princess and he was dressed as the knight.

 

So ends this one day, thank goodness this was a Friday and there was no school tomorrow. Oh no.