Real Love

Baby, I'll Try Smiling.

Me and Daesung walked down the side walk. I pulled out my phone to message Popun to meet with me in front of the school. I pushed back my hair and looked over to Daesung with a weak smile. He put his arm around me and smiled to comfort me. The rest of the walk became silent, we both walked down to the school. Only a few minutes it took for us to get there yet it seemed like eternity. My eyes wondered onto the other side of the road where I saw a woman growing roses in her yard. I waved politely as she waved back. His arm was still around me so I decided to softly hold onto his wrist.

Finally getting to the school we waited at the front gate. Daesung removed his arm when I went to go lean on the chain linked fence that went around the whole school. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I naturally opened it and looked at the message, it was just telling me on how he’d be there in a moment. I closed it and put it back in my pocket and dropped my head. Tapping shoes came from the right, it wasn’t just two shoes, it seemed like four?

Two figures approached us slowly finally making a stop about three feet away from me. It was Popun, but he brought his girl friend, well soon the be anyway or she could be now, I didn’t care anymore. “I’m breaking up with you.” I spoke a bit silently.

Popun smiled and tilted his head, trying to be sweet in front of his friend, “Okay.”

I blinked and sighed in relief, “Thank you.”

He shook his head and flashed an evil smirk, “Nah, thanks to you I can finally accept to be her boyfriend.” Popun gestured to his best friend who was blushing.

I shook my head this time, “You were already going out with her though.”

He seemed bothered slightly by this, but I had already turned around and started walking. That was until something pulled on the collar of my shirt and slapped me. Quickly looking back I learned it wasn’t the male but the girl. She had an angered look on her face; though it showed her stubbornness and her love for Popun.

“Don’t say rude things about Popun! I love him more then you do!” She yelled at me and started crying.

My eyes widened at her tears, “I loved him too, I pray he won’t beat you.”

She raised an eyebrow and wiped her tears, “What?”

Popun became annoyed and immediately walked up to me and punched me in the chest making me fall backwards but not on the ground since Daesung had caught me.

Daesung glared at Popun, “You’re not supposed to hit girls you jerk!”

He laughed and pushed his new girlfriend back, “Hey . How bout you learn to swear like a real man and then we can talk.”

Daesung grinded his teeth and helped me stand and catch my breath. “A real man doesn’t hit girls. A real man treats them like they’re the whole world if they truly love them. By pushing her back forcefully you don’t seem like a real man.” He stood in front of me now and growled.

I tugged on the back of Daesung’s shirt and shook my head. “He’s not worth it, oppa.” I whispered silently to him.

Daesung looked back at me and nodded. Popun let out a ‘tsk’ sound and put his arm around his girlfriend and left. Daesung kneeled down and looked up at me, “Lets go, im not letting you walk.” I blushed lightly and shook my head. “You prefer I carry you like a princess?” I shook my head again and got on his back. Wrapping my arms around his neck he grabbed my legs so I wouldn’t fall off.

Daesung could feel my breath on his neck which made his face get hot and make me giggle again. I rested my head on his shoulder and felt something disturbing in my chest. I couldn’t breathe. He noticed quickly so he ran back to my home. “Mrs. Lee. I need to call the paramedics.” As he entered the house he put me on the couch and dialed 119. I had dozed off without realizing it. Daesung sat besides me till the ambulance had arrived.