All We Can Do Is Wait

Baby, I'll Try Smiling.

While I was asleep, or knocked out cold like my father said, a lot of things happened.

Daesung drove his mother and father down the hospital because my father and mother were already there. Gripping the wheel he looked at the red lights hoping they would be green longer. He a song to calm his spirits. Singing along with “Stay” by MBLAQ. He then heard a phone call coming from his pocket. He took it out and handed it to his father. 

“Answer that for me, appa.” Daesung continued to drive as his father put it on speaker. 

“Hello?” His father spoke into the phone.

“Hello, this is YG. I am calling about Daesung. He and his group’s second album is released. I also have Daesung’s solo out.” YG responded through the clear phone call. 

His father smiled and his mother clapped in happiness unable to speak the words she was currently thinking. Daesung let out a “Yeah” and continued focusing on the road. He had wondered if I had ever seen his group. I truly hadn’t even found out about it yet. As Daesung finally pulled up in the parking lot of the hospital he parked the car and then turned off the engine. He jumped out and closed the door, waiting for his parents to get out they made a hand motion for him to go since he was so jumpy. Daesung ran as fast as he could to the building and pushed open the doors. He walked over to the front office to see which room I was in.

“I’m sorry, she’s currently in surgery. It will be another hour before she gets out. But her parents are right there so you can talk to them. Sorry for the inconvenience.” The nurse who was behind the counter bowed apologetically, she then continued to look through papers and checked off people.

Daesung made his way over to my parents and took a deep breath before speaking. “How is Joo-Eun?”

The parents were holding each other’s hands and shrugged, “The doctor hasn’t come out yet.”

At that moment a male doctor came over to them and spoke in a medium pitched voice. “You are Joo-Eun’s parents correct?” The two nodded before he continued, “Well she is in emergency care right now. What seems to have happened was that she broke two bones of her rib cage. She was having rather hard time breathing but we’ve stabilized that. But do you know how she broke her bones? There is a large bruise right in her chest area where the two broke.”

Daesung sat down and coughed lightly, “That jerk.”

The parent’s eyes moved from the doctors to Daesungs, the mother spoke, “What?”

Daesung shook his head, “It was her ex boyfriend. Before I took her home he punched her in the chest. I-I should have looked out for her better.” He kept his head down as he felt tears roll down his cheeks.

My father moved over to him and patted his back, “You didn’t know it was going to happen. It’s alright. Knowing you were there to protect her makes me a happy father.” He gave a weak laugh as the doctor smiled to the three of them then walked off.

Daesung’s parents walked in slowly with drinks and some food. Daesung looked at the clock to see it was already three in the afternoon. He rested his eyes lightly as his parents sat down and handed my parents drinks and something to eat for now. Opening his eyes he grabbed banana milk and just kept it in his hands. It reminded him of me somehow. Biting his bottom lip he eased into a small nap that would give him energy for later.

 

________________________________________________________________________________

I will add minor characters later so we have names to reference everyone by.

Hope your enjoying so far!