This Morning

Baby, I'll Try Smiling.

My heart was beating; I still feel my breath, okay, so I am alive. The sun brightly shined through the dull curtains as I tried to move my right leg. It still felt like hell, it’s like some knot was created by the muscles inside there. I looked over to my phone to see that it had a flashing light, it never woke me up since it was on silent mode. Pushing myself off the mattress I limped over to my clothes and picked out a pair of jeans and a long sleeved shirt.

 

“Damn it hurts.” I looked up at the wall clock that was above my tv and saw that it was already ten o’clock. My parents never cared how long I slept on weekends. Quickly I changed and then I stumbled back onto the bed. I flipped on the tv and watched Boys Over Flowers. I smiled at the thought if every boy was like that, kind and sophisticated also protective. Boys were clueless. I looked towards my phone and picked it up, I flipped it open and saw it was a message from Daesung about eighteen minutes ago.

 

To : Joo-Eun

From : Daesung!!

Message : Morning!

Imma stop by in about twenty minutes.

I have pastries to share with you  ◕ ◡ ◕

 

I sighed but with a smile as I looked back to my drama and laid down in the bed. Laughing to the program I listened to a knock coming from the door.

 

“Come in!” I shouted to the person behind the door.

 

Daesung of course walked in and sat on the floor besides me with a rather large smile. He was holding a box of vanilla cupcakes with some cream cheese topping. He already knew this was my favorite since I used to always go to the same shop with him to get these cupcakes. I took one of the cupcakes and the frosting. He still hadn’t spoken a word but he seemed to be happy with a goofy smile.

 

“Joo-Eun,” He said finally breaking the silence. I looked over to him and nodded. “Do you really love that man?”

 

Hearing that made me cough lightly, as I patted my chest I replied to him, “Y-yeah? Why?” I tilted my head to see him with a more stubborn expression as he took a bite of the vanilla cupcake.

 

“No reason. Just take care of yourself, and I’m always here for you.” He gave a small smile to me while I gave a chuckle and nodded.

 

“Thank you Oppa, you’re always there, that’s a reason I love you.” I kept laughing then I noticed that his cheeks were slightly pink, probably from embarrassment. Daesung smiled and leaned on the bed while we both watched the drama. Smiling and laughing and just going along with it we ate the cupcakes till I heard another knock on the door. Wiping my face with a napkin that Daesung had just given me I shouted, “Come in!”

Daesung looked to the door and quickly felt his heart sink. My heart sunk as well.

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry that it’s a short chapter. The next one will be dramatic, promise :]