His Confession

Baby, I'll Try Smiling.

Daesung shook his hair like a dog as he looked over to the mirror and smiled. He quickly sighed and then wrapped a towel around his waist. “I forgot my clothes again..” He walked out of the bathroom and slipped his hand through his hair. “Mom, are you making lunch? I’m running late!” Yelling down the hallway he made his way to his room.

 

“Wait, don’t go in there, she's already-!” Daesung’s mother had shouted only to be late and see him already go into his room.

 

I looked up to see Daesung with only a towel on and still dripping wet. He stood still for a moment before walking to his dresser, snatching the clothes and running out of the room. He felt his face get hot as he walked back to the bathroom to put on his clothes. Quickly putting on the clothes he made his way out and then back into the room. “I-I’m sorry about that.” Daesung bowed and sat at the edge of the bed farthest away from me.

 

I remained unchanged as I just blinked at him and laughed awkwardly, “its fine. I still remember when your pants dropped when we were five.” 

 

Daesung turned noticeably red as he tugged on his shirt. “Heheh... Yeah.”

 

I tilted my head and then smiled, “Something you want to talk to me about, Oppa?”

 

He smiled slightly as he laid back on the bed and then rolled on his side to look at me. I felt my face get a little pink since I knew some of what was going to happen. “Break up with Popun.”

 

I looked into his eyes and poked his forehead, “Why?”

 

“He doesn’t deserve a person like you,” He paused for a moment and grabbed my hand; he placed it on his chest where I could clearly feel his heart thumping in his rib cage. Daesung rolled to his back and faced the ceiling unable to tell me directly, “I-I love you.” His face turned red as I just smiled and held his hand.

 

“Oppa, since when?” I asked and rested my head on top of his sheets.

 

He gripped my hand and closed his eyes, “S-since, the day I met you. To me you never seemed like my sister, you were always special.” Turning his head towards me now he opened his eyes and continued, “It hurt me every time you said I was like a brother.” He continued to space words out since he was completely nervous and started to shake again. My hand was still besides his heart as he continued. His face flushed he puffed out his cheeks with little confidence, “Aigoo.. Please, I just hate seeing you get hurt. I love you. So please?” He closed his eyes again waiting for an answer or something from me.

 

I felt my heart start pounding as it decided what my next words would be. My face was slightly pink as I took his hand and placed it on my neck. My pulse was loud enough that I could hear it through my ears; to him he could only hear his own heart and feel the beating of hers. “Does that answer you?”

 

Daesung wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me towards him. He smiled happily marked with his usual goofiness, like all his pain was quickly washed away from his heart. The boy nodded and then sat up, still hugging me he pulled me to sit besides him. I blinked and looked up at him. I was happy to see that he finally returned to his self. It just struck me that he was a bit quieter when I started dating Popun. Thank goodness it would finally end and I wouldn’t have to go through it. I actually had someone by me to love and care for me. I gave a hug to Daesung.

 

“Joo-Eun, come for dinner today?” He looked down at me and smiled sweetly now.

 

I nodded and giggled, I kissed his cheek lightly and got up. “What should we do now though?”

 

His expression relaxed a bit, “Shall we go break the news to him.”

 

I bit my lip and nodded. It was nerve racking for me, can I stand to go through it?