Just An Average Day

Baby, I'll Try Smiling.

I wrapped the bandage around my chest and secured it. Looking at the clock I watched as my mom entered the room and brought me some clothes. Still, I was at the doctors and was about to go home from the over nights stay. I put on my clothing before putting my hair into a pony tail and then walking out of the door with my mother walking right besides me. Looking at my phone that I took out of my pocket I noticed that it was only twelve o’clock. I sighed slightly and pressed the phone to my bottom lip. My mother and father signed papers before leading me to the car and driving home.

It was thirty minutes later till I finally got home. I slowly walked up the stairs and went to go rest in my bed. As soon as I laid down I heard my mother yell at me.

“Joo-Eun! Do you want anything to eat?” She asked me from down the stairs.

I thought for a moment before talking, “Green tea and a cookie?”

She nodded in her mind and then called back, “Okay. I’ll be there in a moment.”

My mother walked over to the kitchen and put some water on the stove before turning it on and waiting for it to boil. She also went to go to the fridge where there were cute cookies. They looked like flowers. Breathing lightly I the tv and watched some variety show. My mother opened the door slowly before bringing in a cup of tea, four flower shaped cookies and a small bowl of milk and sugar if I wanted to put it in my tea. Grabbing the bowl I poured it all into the cup of tea. Taking the bag out I swirled the liquid around with a spoon.

“Thank you, mom!” I managed to blurt out right before she closed the door.

I smiled brightly before sitting up in my bed and grabbing the cup and taking a sip. The tea tasted a bit bitter then normal but I still liked it. Putting it down I smiled and laughed with the program. Time past while I was like this, it soon became time that school got out. I grabbed a cookie and took a bite out of one of the petals then looked out my window. The day seemed so nice as it was bright and windy so it was perfect for going out.

A knock came from my door so I looked over to it and yelled, “Come in!” My cup was empty and so was the plate my mother brought everything on.

Daesung appeared in the door way with an extremely happy smile. It was his famous angelic smile so I couldn’t help but blush. It also made me pay attention to his eyes on how I couldn’t see them afterward. Damn people having chats about bigbang online! They made me realize that when he smiles, most times you cant see his eyes anymore.

Daesung walked and grabbed a chair to pull it asides my bed and sit down on it. “Hello Joo-Eun!”

I laughed, “Hey Oppa, what’s with the mood?”

Daesung took his bag off his back and grabbed out some rock candy then placed it on the table besides me. He still dug through his bag, looking for something important. A frown appeared on his face, “I think I left it at home. Well I’ll give it to you on Saturday!” He turned his frown back into a smile as he hugged me and looked at the tv. “Variety shows?”

I nodded and placed my head under his chin, “Yeah.” My heart skipped a beat as I bit my lip slightly and pressed my ear against his neck where I could clearly hear his. Daesung’s heart was as wild and fast as a humming bird’s wings. I felt my face heat up as we just sat there and watched the shows appearing on the television.  “Oppa, c-can you let go?” I spoke with a stutter only because I was nervous and I had no idea what to do in this situation.