Privacy please!

Baby, I'll Try Smiling.

Beep.. Beep.. Beep..

A small rhythmic flow slowly filled the cold room. Covered by blankets I looked up and looked around to see a monitor pulsating with the beats of my heart. I pushed myself up slightly too finally notice that I was in a hospital room. A knock from the door echoed through the room. A doctor walked in and grabbed the wooden clipboard off the near by table and look over to me. His eyes widened then a wide smile followed.

“Good morning, Joo-Eun. Your friends and family are outside; do you want me to let them in?” The doctor looked at me and placed his hand on my forehead. He noticed it was warm so he checked off some things on the paper.

I looked up with my eyes half open, “Uh.. Yes please..”

The doctor nodded, “Okay, I’ll also have a nurse bring in some food for you.”

I nodded thankfully and relaxed on the bed. While the doctor walked out he motioned for a nurse to bring food to the room. He walked over to my family who somehow fell asleep. Daesung’s parents were also sleeping, but Daesung was wide awake from hours ago. It was seven o’clockin the morning and the sun started to shine through the windows. Daesung looked over to the doctor.

“Good morning, Joo-Eun has woken up. You may see her now, but please be quiet she still seems to be in a fragile state.” The doctor bowed and so did Daesung.

Daesung looked over to both of our parents and tapped their shoulders. “She’s awake. I’m going ahead.” He bowed his head while they noticed and smiled. Our parents nodded and my mother shooed him off to go to the room. Daesung smiled brightly and walked over to my room. He took the food from the nurse who was going into the room anyway. “I’ll take this for her.” The nurse smiled and walked off to go to another room. Daesung quietly opened the door and put the food on the sliding table.

I looked up to see Daesung now sitting on the side of the bed and looking directly at me. He raised an eyebrow with a smile and rubbed my shoulder. “Good morning sunshine.”

I laughed weakly, “Good morning oppa.” I grabbed a controller and pushed a button that raised the upper half of the bed upwards. I put it up so I didn’t have to be straight up. Daesung pushed the food toward me and kept his eye on me. Since I was looking at the soup and poking the noodles with a spoon I really didn’t notice till I looked up. He turned his head at that moment with a small blush on his cheeks.

“You scared me.” Daesung said quietly. I smiled and patted his hand. He continued, “You know I love you. I guess I just need to protect you better.”

I shook my head and pushed the table out of the way and to the side. Opening my arms I tilted my head slightly, “Promise you will?”

Daesung laughed quietly and got up, he wrapped his arms around me gently, “Yes, now, do you wanna see what’s on television?” I nodded and grabbed the tv remote and turned it on. Flipping through the channels I stopped to see music bank on. Daesung looked over to me, “Uh.. I think we should watch something else.” I shook my head and crossed my arms. He sighed and looked to the tv. I looked to the television to and saw a new group, well at least I thought they were new. On the side it said “BigBang” and it also had a song called “Last Farewell”.

“These guys.. Are they new?” I asked and looked over to the one who seemed to be one of the taller males. I gasped and leaned forward only to feel a lot of pain and go back. “Ow.. Daesung oppa! Why didn’t you tell me!?” I pointed at the screen and yelled at him.

Daesung chuckled and poked at his cheek, “Heheh. Yeah… I thought you knew..”

I frowned, “But. But-“ I was cut off by Daesung pressing his lips against mine gently.

“Does that make up for not telling you?” He asked while he was still close to my face.

The heart rate monitor got louder as my face got extremely red. The kiss had thrown me off and now this monitor was embarrassing me by telling how my heart was pulsing. “I.. I uh..”

Daesung let out a huge laugh and shook his head, “That’s all I need to hear.” 

A small creak in the door made both me and Daesung look over to it. Our eyes widened to see that our parents were looking through the glass the whole time. I covered my face in embarrassment as Daesung looked back towards me to cover up.

“How long have you guys been there?!” I yelled and continued to cover up.