The shock

If I don’t have you

 

The five girls walked to their dorm calmly, and when they got there, they went to change their clothes immediately.

Sohyun got into the bedroom and Jiyoon followed.

‘Sohyun-ah…’ Jiyoon called softly. Sohyun turned to face her unnie and in the moment they were face to face, Jiyoon’s hand reached maknae’s forehead. Sohyun blushed immediately. ‘I think you have fever…’ said the older girl with a worried expression. ‘You should go to bed now’

‘What up’ Gayoon had entered the room catching Jiyoon touching Sohyun’s forehead. Her face turned unreadable in a second.

‘Maknae has fever’ Jiyoon said turning to look at her friend with a serious expression. Gayoon took a step and put herself between the two girls. She reached for Sohyun’s forehead.

‘She seems fine to me’ said the older girl. ‘But I’m always bad at telling when a person is sick so, you better listen to Jiyoonie and go to bed now’

Sohyun moved her eyes to Jiyoon and after a brief moment, she nodded.

‘Good. Change your clothes now’ said Gayoon dragging Jiyoon out of the room and leaving Sohyun alone…

The girl remained froze in her spot for a few seconds. The touch of Jiyoon on her forehead still lingered on it, even if Gayoon had touched her after, she still feels Jiyoon’s hand.

‘I wish Jiyoonie could see me more than a friend, but she doesn’t love me that way…I know that…’ Sohyun thought before heading to the closet.

‘Hey’ Hyuna’s voice came from behind the young girl. Sohyun startled a bit.

‘Hey…’ she replied avoiding eye contact.

‘Listen, I’m sorry about back then, I didn’t want to be rough’ Hyuna started to talk trying hard to sound like a peacemaker. ‘I was just hurt because you didn’t come to me to tell me…’

Sohyun finally took the courage to look at her unnie in the eyes. ‘How did you notice…?’

‘I know you very well Sohyun-ah…’

The younger girl remained silent.

‘You know, you should tell her…’ said Hyuna getting closer to Sohyun. She shook her head.

‘I won’t waste my energy in something I know it never happen’

‘Oh, come on, what bad can happen?’ Hyuna put less distance between them.

‘I can lose her friendship for a start, plus…What are you doing?’

Sohyun got aback by Hyuna’s closeness and stare; her unnie’s eyes were shining strangely and her pupils were dilated.

‘You should surprise her…’ the slightly older girl said in a husky low voice. Sohyun was getting scared so she took a step back.

‘Hyuna…’

‘You should kiss her…’ Hyuna whispered this last sentence so close to Sohyun’s face that this one could smell Hyuna’s mint breath before feeling her unnie’s lips pressed against hers.

Hyuna had trapped Sohyun inside the closet and there, she had her pinned against the back wall where all the clothes cover their bodies. Sohyun tried to fight, but Hyuna was stronger.

After a few seconds, the older girl broke the kiss. Maknae was in shock and without breath.

‘Unnie…why…’ Sohyun was trying to breathe normally.

‘I should have done that long ago…before you fell for Jiyoonie…’ Hyuna’s voice was low and with a bit of sadness in it.

‘Maknae’ Jiyoon’s voice came from the door of the room. Sohyun got nervous and stared in panic at Hyuna. The latter knew, so she simple smiled to cover a sad face and went out the closet leaving Sohyun inside. ‘Oh- Hyuna, what were you doing there?’

‘Nothing, I was just looking for a shirt, I thought you guys might have it’

Jiyoon lifted an eyebrow. ‘Did you find it?’

‘Nope’ the younger girl said faking an innocent smile. ‘Maybe is in the laundry’

Gayoon entered the room in that moment. ‘Hyuna’ she said finding weird to see the girl inside their room. ‘Where is maknae?’ she looked around.

‘I don’t know, maybe in the bathroom’ lied the youngest while she closed the closet’s door behind her and went out the room as fast as she could.

Jiyoon put the bowl of soup on a little table they had and looked at Gayoon.

‘I was in the bathroom…’ said Gayoon with a serious face.

‘I know…’ replied Jiyoon with same serious face.

Meanwhile, Sohyun was praying for her unnies to go out their room so she can go out the closet and pretend nothing happened, but it wasn’t happening. She could hear her unnies talking in the room, wondering where she was.

‘Maybe she’s with NamJi’ Sohyun heard Jiyoon said, and then, silence…

She waited for a few seconds more and slowly, she opened the closet’s door. There was no one in the room. She sighed and went out, but in that moment, Hyuna entered again.

Sohyun froze.

‘Don’t worry, I won’t do anything’ said the older girl and went to the window that led to the balcony. She opened it. ‘Oh, I found her!’ she shouted so the rest of the members could hear.

In a second, Jiyoon, Gayoon and Jihyun stormed into the room.

‘Where were you? I thought I told you to change your clothes and go to bed!’ Jiyoon was angry.

‘I…’ Sohyun was speechless.

‘She was in the balcony’ Hyuna interrupted. ‘I caught her going in just now’

The three oldest directed their eyes to Sohyun. This one nodded and looked down.

‘I’m sorry, I was feeling hot…’

‘Of course you were feeling hot, you have fever!’ Jiyoon spoke louder as she was getting angrier. ‘Ok, no more sneaking outs for you, change your clothes NOW and go to bed!’

Sohyun nodded and all of them went out the room closing the door behind them when they out.

‘Why did I lie…?’ asked herself Sohyun letting her body falls over her bed. She stared at the ceiling and after a few seconds, she touched her lips. ‘Hyuna-unnie…kissed me…why?’

She rolled over her body and found her pajamas under her pillow. She changed her clothes and when she turned around, she found the bowl of soup Jiyoon have brought before…

She felt like a terrible person so she sat on the bed and started eating the soup.

The moment she put the spoon in , she knew Jiyoon have made it herself. ‘It’s not good…’ she thought about the taste of the food, but knowing her beloved unnie have made it for her, she felt that that soup was the best she ever had in her life…, until Hyuna’s face appeared in her mind…

She shook her head but the memory wouldn’t go. She still felt Hyuna’s strong grip on her arms and her lips pressing hers… ‘Why…?’

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and Jihyun’s face appeared behind it.

‘I see you’re eating what Jiyoon made for you’ the oldest unnie said with a smile.

‘Yeah…’ replied Sohyun with half a smile. Jihyun stood by the door awkwardly for a few seconds wanting to ask something, but she didn’t in the end.

‘Ok, I let you eat, then’ the leader said before going out as suddenly as she entered.

Sohyun was used to the awkward behavior of her unnie so she simply went back to her soup.

‘How bad does it taste?’ asked Gayoon while entering the room and sitting next to Sohyun on the bed.

‘Yah! I put all my heart in it’ said Jiyoon entering behind Gayoon and also sitting on the bed.

‘Is not bad, unnie’ Sohyun smiled widely to Jiyoon. ‘It tasted better now that I know you put your heart in it’ Jiyoon smiled, and in that moment, her phone rang.

‘Who’s calling you this late?’ Gayoon smiled teasingly until Jiyoon said “Kyuhyun-oppa” and she picked up and went away the room.

Gayoon observed her friend’s retreating figure and tightened her jaw. She turned her head to Sohyun and she saw her tightening her jaw too. The older girl frowned.

‘Are you ok? Eat’ Gayoon said as an order. Sohyun got a bit aback by her unnie’s tone but she decided not to mention it.

Gayoon’s mood suddenly turned dark. She didn’t even talk to maknae, she kept on being bothered by the fact Jiyoon was talking to Kyuhyun…

‘Why the hell is bothering me so much anyway?’ Gayoon thought as she stared at the wall behind Sohyun’s bed. ‘Is not that she’s my girlfriend…’

Jiyoon went back to the room with a smile on her face. Gayoon didn’t like it one bit.

‘So, are you dating him now?’ Gayoon asked bitter.

‘What?’ Jiyoon was dumbfounded. ‘No, he just wanted to know which day we were going out’

‘And…’ - Gayoon

‘We decided that tomorrow was a good day’ - Jiyoon

‘Tomorrow we have schedule’ - Gayoon

‘We finish early’ - Jiyoon

‘We have practice’ - Gayoon

Jiyoon got silent for a moment. ‘What is wrong with you?’

‘Nothing’ replied Gayoon shrugging and pretending to be ok.

Neither of them remembered that no more than 30cms from them was Sohyun observing everything, hearing everything, and feeling mostly weird by having to witness her two unnies fighting…

‘You know what? Whatever; do what you want’ said the older girl and went out the room. Jiyoon followed her with her eyes.

A silence started to grow in the room, even Sohyun had stopped eating. She was going to say something, but in a second Jiyoon left…