Courage

If I don’t have you

 

The moment Gayoon locked herself and Jiyoon inside the bathroom, Sohyun felt so hurt that she felt like crying, but being as she is, she decided not to show it. She gave her back to the bathroom’s hall and entered the room to pick up the now empty bowl of soup. She stared at it and felt her heart breaking in a million pieces. Her sight became blurry and a single tear ran down her cheek.

‘No need for that…’ she heard Hyuna’s voice.

Immediately, Sohyun regained her composure and cleaned her tear with a single movement of her hand. She took the bowl and went to the kitchen. Hyuna followed.

‘Sohyun-ah…’ Hyuna started.

‘I’m ok’ cut the youngest with a cold tone. Hyuna went silent causing Sohyun to turn to look at her friend. ‘I’m sorry…’ said maknae after seeing Hyuna’s expression. The latter nodded but she was still keeping her distance.

Sohyun started washing the dishes she has used and Hyuna simply stared at her.

‘Can I ask…why you like Jiyoonie?’

Sohyun didn’t want to keep talking about the subject, she wanted to forget that she likes Jiyoon, she wanted to rip her heart out and stop feeling, but it was very much impossible to do that so, at her friend’s question, she sighed helplessly. ‘Why you ask?’

‘I want to know what you see in her that you don’t see in me…’

Sohyun noticed her friend was serious about the topic.

‘There’s not a particular thing I like…and is not that I don’t see them in you…’

‘Sohyun-ah, I like you’ Hyuna was being straightforward. The youngest blushed. ‘I should have told you before but I was scared, and when I finally had the guts, you were already in love with Jiyoonie…, that’s why I had to take matters into…you know…’

Sohyun gave it a thought. She still could felt Hyuna’s lips pressed on hers… ‘Why you like me…?’ she suddenly asked. ‘I mean, I don’t have super energy like Jiyoonie, or a super voice like Gayoonie, I’m not even tall and pretty like Jihyun-unnie’

‘You don’t have to be any of the things you mentioned, and yet, you’re all of them to me…except tall…’ Hyuna giggled at her own comment while Sohyun shot her a glare. ‘No, I mean it, I like everything about you…but you don’t seem to like anything about me…’

‘I do like things about you…’ confessed the youngest with a shy smile. ‘To be honest, I had a crush on you…before…’

‘What?’ Hyuna got surprised.

‘During “I My Me Mine” promotions and until after Heart to Heart…’

The oldest girl got speechless…How’s that she didn’t notice?

‘I didn’t…notice…’ Hyuna muttered trying to think in all the happenings around that era…oh, yeah…she had a crush in…someone…

‘I was pretty obvious’ Sohyun smiled at the memory. ‘But you seemed to like…someone else around that eras…and around many other eras…’

Hyuna avoided Sohyun’s eyes. She knew that Sohyun knew who they were talking about.

‘I guess I have no luck’ maknae joked about her own situation.

‘You should have told me’ said the oldest.

Sohyun noticed she was washing the bowl way too much. Her fingers were a bit wrinkled. ‘I think I did’ she replied as she put the dish on the kitchen table and dry her hands. ‘But you didn’t listen’

‘I’m sorry…’ muttered again the slightly older girl.

‘It’s in the past, don’t worry’ replied Sohyun as cool as she could. She still remembered that past pretty clear…

‘If you let me, I’m going to make you love me again’ Hyuna was determined.

‘Unnie…’

‘No, I’m serious, let me into your heart again, I can make you fall in love with me’

Sohyun knew Hyuna wasn’t going to give up, and more than that, she knew she would end up liking her again…

‘I…’ maknae didn’t know how to reply to that request, is not that she could stop her unnie if she says no, right?

‘Give me some time…’ she finally said.

Hyuna went sad but nodded, she understood the feeling. ‘All right…’

Sohyun watched her unnie’s attempt to go out the kitchen and she couldn’t help feeling bad…

‘Unnie’ she called softly. Hyuna turned and was welcomed by Sohyun’s tight hug. ‘Thank you’

Hyuna felt happiness in an instant, she hugged Sohyun back and patted her head after.

‘Goodnight’ she said as she exited the kitchen.

‘Night…’

After Hyuna left, she dragged her feet to her room and didn’t surprised her to found it empty, 2yoon were still in the bathroom… She sighed and changed her clothes to her pajamas.

‘Are you going to sleep now?’ Jihyun’s voice came from behind. Sohyun turned and nodded.

‘I don’t feel quite right’ she lied.

‘Oh, ok, sleep tight’ Jihyun put a kiss on Sohyun’s hair and went out the room. The latter entered her bed wishing for a quick sleep, but it didn’t come…

‘What if I kiss Jiyoonie?’ Sohyun couldn’t stop thinking in what Hyuna have done and say to her. ‘Maybe if I kiss her, she realizes that she actually likes me and not Gayoonie or Kyuhyun-oppa…’ She rolled over body and laughed to herself. ‘Yeah, right, that’ll happen…What the hell are you thinking! …ugh…I seriously need to sleep’

‘Shh!’ she suddenly heard some steps entering the room. She stood still.

‘Jiyoonie…?’ Gayoon’s voice sounded shy when she called her friend’s name.

‘Hm?’

‘Do you…’ Gayoon took some time to continue. ‘Never mind’ she finally said getting embarrassed.

Jiyoon stopped what she was doing and glanced at her friend. ‘What is it? Tell me’

‘Nothing, I was just wondering if you…want to…sleep with me tonight…’ Gayoon blushed and looked away when she finished the sentence. Jiyoon’s eyes went wide and a smirk grew on her face. ‘Don’t give me that ert smirk, I’m only asking to sleep!’

Jiyoon’s smile didn’t fade away. ‘Still, you’re asking me to sleep with you…together…in your bed…’

‘Oh, come on, how many times have we slept together?’ Gayoon raised her voice but a smile draw on her lips. Jiyoon giggled.

‘Yeah, but now is different’ the slightly younger girl took a step closer to her friend and pushed her to the bed behind her.

‘Jiyoon-ah! Maknae is right there!’ Gayoon was more scared of what Jiyoon could do than actually the reason that the youngest member was no more than two meters away…

‘I know, but she’s asleep, plus, it’s only a kiss…’ Jiyoon said right before pressing her lips against the latter muffling all the others things she has to say about the matter.

What they didn’t know is that Sohyun was fully awake and listening everything… The poor girl listened their giggles and sentences of love while felt like crap… She wanted to die, she wanted to rip her ears away to never have to listen to them again, but of course that wasn’t a thing she could do so she simply stood there pressing her blanket against her head to deaden the sound. It wasn’t that successful though…

Sohyun cried silently until she heard no sounds. She removed the blanket off her head and listened carefully... Silence... She sighed and thank for the muteness of the room.

‘I hate her!’ she screamed inside her head and squished the blanket in her hand. ‘How can she…?’

For several minutes, Sohyun cursed and kicked the air in an attempt to let out all the anger she felt towards her unnie, but eventually she stopped and lied down facing the ceiling breathing heavily.

She started imagining herself as Gayoon, what it would be to be her unnie and be loved by Jiyoon the way she does, what it would be to…

‘What would it be like to kiss Jiyoonie like Gayoonie do…?’ a sudden urge made her climb down her bed and walk towards Gayoon’s bed through the darkness.

She stood a few centimeters away of Jiyoon that to her relief, was facing her and not Gayoon, although, Gayoon was behind hugging her by the waist.

Sohyun kneeled down to be at the same level as Jiyoon’s head, she stared at her unnie for a while. It was dark but Sohyun could still recognize the perfect features of her friend.

‘What am I doing…?’ a flash thought crossed the youngest mind but it was immediately replaced by ‘Her lips…’

Sohyun came closer and took a deep breath before slightly pressing her lips against Jiyoon´s, that to her surprise, after a brief second, she replied the kiss…passionately…