Sohyun's hunch

If I don’t have you

Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you guys I wrote two chapters ^-^ Enjoy~~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Unnie’ Sohyun called Jiyoon’s attention when they were in the elevator.

‘Hmm?’ the latter turned her head to see her friend.

‘Can I ask you something?’

‘Of course’

Sohyun remained silent for a moment before talk again.

‘I guess you know that Hyuna and I aren’t together anymore…’

Jiyoon got serious. ‘I didn’t know… I assumed you were fighting…’

Maknae shook her head. ‘That day you fought with her about Gayoonie, I broke up with her…’

The older girl nodded silently and went out the elevator followed by her younger friend.

‘I wanted to ask you if you think that what I did was appropriate or not…’

Jiyoon gave it a thought for a moment. ‘You know cheeky kid, I can’t say to you if it was right or not. If that was your decision…’

‘What would you have done in my place?’

Again the charisma girl thought about the subject. ‘I guess I would have done something similar, but I don’t think I would have broken up with her, I would be pissed, but maybe not as much to broke up with her’

Sohyun nodded silently this time. ‘My argument was that with so little time we’re together and she’s already looking at other women…’

‘Valid argument’

‘But I’m aware that Gayoonie is a fine woman and…’ Sohyun stopped her talking to steal a glance to her taller friend. ‘Not that I’m saying I would look at Gayoonie that way, I just-’

Jiyoon let out a laugh. ‘Don’t worry kid, I know my girl attract many looks, both from men and women. I don’t blame you to be honest, and I don’t blame Hyuna either, but she and I have history so…’

The shorter girl simply nodded.

‘But you know, unnie…?’

‘Hm?’

Sohyun smiled shyly and blushed a little before speak again. ‘I’ve looked at other women too…’

Jiyoon seemed a bit surprised but then she smirked. ‘Oh, this kid is ier than I thought’

‘Not in a y way!’ the younger girl immediately replied back blushing harder this time. Jiyoon laughed out loud.

‘Don’t worry kid, you don’t need to be a saint with me, I know you’re not’

‘YAH!’ Sohyun hit Jiyoon on her arm as the latter kept laughing.

By the moment, Jiyoon stopped teasing and bullying Sohyun, they have arrived to Cube building already.

‘Unnie, you think I should re-think my decision?’ Sohyun stopped her tracks right in the entrance of the room where she had class.

The charisma girl smiled. ‘You already are’ Maknae opened but then she closed it again. Jiyoon winked at her friend and moved her hand in the air. ‘See ya later, kid’

‘Bye, unnie…’

Sohyun remained a few second in the same spot before realizing she has been too long there. She entered the room and greeted her teacher.

‘Ok, clear your thoughts and get to work’ the girl thought before starting her first lesson of the day.

The class passed by faster than she thought, and as she stayed practicing a bit more, without realizing it was late already.

‘I’m gonna see if Jiyoonie finished already’

She directed her steps to her older friend’s office. When she arrived, she peeked inside and saw Jiyoon with someone else inside. It was a guy… Junhyung…

Sohyun observed them for a moment. They were watching something in the computer screen. She noticed Junhyung was a bit too close to Jiyoon, but the girl seemed unaffected, actually it seems that she haven’t noticed…

Jiyoon pressed something in the screen and leaned back with her arms folded. Junhyung did the same. After a few seconds, both nodded and high fived. Jiyoon spin her chair in happiness and she spotted Sohyun standing outside her office. She smiled wider and went to open the door.

‘Hey kiddo, did you finish for today?’ Jiyoon greeted her friend inviting her to come in. Sohyun nodded and glanced at Junhyung that seemed not as pleased as her female friend.

‘Hello, oppa’ the younger girl greeted the boy inside.

‘Hello Sohyun-ah’ He smiled. ‘How are the classes going?’

‘They are going great, oppa, thanks for asking’

The boy nodded and Sohyun turned her attention to her taller friend next to her.

‘I came to see if you finished too’

‘Aww, who is a cutie?’ Jiyoon pinched Sohyun’s cheeks and laughed after she saw how the latter puffed her cheeks and frowned. ‘Sorry kiddo, I’m not finished yet, but wanna listen what I’ve created? Junhyung-oppa helped me too’

She went happily to the console and pressed “play”. An upbeat rhythm started and Sohyun thought her friend have grown up so much musically. She felt proud of her unnie.

‘Woah! The song is really good, unnie!’

‘You really like it?’ Jiyoon’s eyes shined as much as her smile.

‘Yes!’ Sohyun assured with a big smile. ‘This should be included in the next 4minute album’

Jiyoon giggled. ‘Let’s see what Hong-appa says about it’

‘I’m sure he’ll love it!’

The taller girl giggled again and ruffled her friend’s hair.

‘So, you’re going home now?’

‘Yeah…’ Sohyun nodded. ‘Are you going to take long? The girl wanted to know.

‘I think I’ll be here for another hour or two’

‘Oh…’

‘Don’t worry, kid, Junhyung-oppa will take me home, right?’ the short haired girl jabbed her male friend.

‘Am I?’ the boy smirked with his eyebrows raised.

‘Yes’ Jiyoon eyed him. A little stare contest took place there, and after a few seconds, Junhyung sighed.

‘Fine…’

Jiyoon smiled widely. ‘See? He’ll take me home’

Sohyun faked a smile and nodded. ‘Don’t take more than two hours, ok?’

‘I won’t, mom’

The younger girl chuckled. ‘Bye, unnie, I’ll see you later’

‘Bye kiddo, take care, ok? Walk fast’

‘I will’ Sohyun looked at Junhyung and half bowed. ‘Bye, oppa’

‘Take care, Sohyun-ah’

Sohyun went out Jiyoon’s office with a little concern in her heart. Usually her hunches were true, and she was almost sure that Junhyung has a crush on Jiyoon but she was also sure that the rumors of 2yoon have reached Junhyung’s ears, so he must know that Jiyoon is with Gayoon now… ‘So what is he doing? Is he going to try something on Jiyoonie…? Turn her “straight” again?’

The girl walked through the empty streets of the city ruminating about the matter. ‘Does Jiyoonie even notice this? I know she’s good friends with Junhyung-oppa, and I know she doesn’t see a problem with spend long hours with him in her office but…what if he tries something? …UGH! Stop thinking in such way Sohyun! I know Jiyoonie would know how to handle him… I’m sure…’

Before she noticed she got into the building of her apartment and was taking the elevator to her floor.

‘I better don’t say anything about Junhyung-oppa, I’m sure Gayoonie have noticed he likes Jiyoonie too so I better keep quiet…’

‘I’m home!’ the girl shouted when she entered the house.

‘Welcome, kid’ Gayoon greeted from the living room.

‘Welcome, Sohyun, are you hungry?’ motherly Jihyun appeared in the hall.

‘Hello, unnie; yeah, I’m kinda hungry’

‘Yah! Why don’t you ever offer me food?’ Gayoon complained.

‘Because you’re old enough to make your own food’ replied 4minute’s leader with a sweet smile.

‘Maknae is old enough too!’ the skinny girl couldn’t believe her ears. Jihyun chuckled.

‘But she’s the baby and you’re not’

‘Sometimes is good to be the maknae…’ thought Sohyun observing the little fight between her unnies.

Gayoon eyed her leader and returned her head to her magazine.

‘Next time I make food I won’t offer you’

‘Unnie, you never cook…’ Sohyun whispered to her unnie.

‘Shut up, kid, I won’t offer you either’

Both Jihyun and Sohyun laughed.

After Sohyun ate, she went to seat next to Gayoon.

‘Unnie, do you know where is Hyuna? Is she out?’

Gayoon seemed a bit surprised by the question considering what Hyuna told her that morning.

‘No, she’s in her room. Why?’

‘I need to talk to her… Thanks…’ the younger girl stood and went to knock the door of her former girlfriend.

‘It’s open!’ Hyuna’s voice sounded from inside the room. Sohyun took a deep breath and opened the door carefully.

‘Hey…’

 

-TBC-