I love you more than my life…

If I don’t have you

 

Sohyun went down two floors of the basement but she couldn’t find Hyuna. She was starting to feel worried when she heard a sob in the depth of the empty and dark parking lot.

‘Hyuna…?’ the young girl took a hesitating step in the obscurity.

‘Go away!’ a cracking voice shouted. It was obviously Hyuna.

Sohyun walked to the origin of the voice and found her friend sat on the cold floor with her arms hugging her legs. She went down to meet her level.

‘Unnie, I’m sorry…’ the younger said in a string of voice. She hated to see her friend like this, and even more if it was her fault…

Hyuna wasn’t responding, she was only sobbing, and Sohyun didn’t dare to touch her. ‘Unnie…I didn’t use you…’ again the maknae spoke in a low voice, she was feeling a knot in . ‘…My…my feelings are true…but I’m not good with words…’

Hyuna lifted her head when she heard these words.

‘You can’t change your heart that easily’ suddenly Hyuna spoke glaring at her friend. Sohyun felt fear but at the same time she was relieved seeing her friend decided not to use the silence treatment with her. She sighed.

‘Unnie…the kiss was sincere…I didn’t play with you’

‘You said-’

‘I know what I said, but it’s not that I used you’ Sohyun interrupted Hyuna before she could misunderstand again. ‘Those are hard words you use…I really liked the kiss, the feeling that you gave me…I enjoyed it…’

Hyuna had stop crying at some point of Sohyun’s speech, and now she was staring at her with wide open eyes. Sohyun, that was trying to avoid eye contact until the moment, glanced at her friend.

‘You know, I don’t have to think about the proposition you made anymore…is it still on?’

Hyuna thought about maknae’s words. ‘What proposition is she talking about…?’ she had forgotten for a second her own words. Sohyun noticed Hyuna’s confusion.

‘Did you forget…?’

Hyuna shook her head furiously. She didn’t want to disappoint her friend so she gave it another thought but pretended to be cleaning her tears to gain time. Suddenly, she remembered, “let me win your heart again”…

‘It’s still on…’ Hyuna muttered slapping herself mentally for being so easy. Sohyun smiled and reached for her friend’s cheek. Hyuna froze. The youngest clean some tears and caressed her friend’s skin in the process.

‘Let’s go home. It’s cold in here’

---

‘I’m home!’ Jiyoon shouted from the bottom of her lungs when she entered the dorm. No one seemed to reply.

‘Where is everyone?’ she thought removing her shoes.

‘Hi’ Jihyun came out her room.

‘Oh, hey! I thought no one was home’ the younger girl said smiling at her leader. She entered the dorm and started walking through the hall and to the kitchen. Once there, she served a glass of water.

‘How it went?’ the leader asked with an innocent smile on her face. Jiyoon glanced at her and almost frowned. ‘Why is she so interested?’ she thought before reply.

‘It went fine’ Jihyun nodded at the answer.

‘What did you guys do?’

‘Unnie’ Jiyoon cut the sentence and took a deep inhale. Jihyun tilted her head in a confused kind of way. The youngest saw the honest innocence in her leader’s questions. She sighed. ‘…We ate and talk a lot…’

‘Hey’ Gayoon appeared from behind Jihyun. She was rubbing her eyes in a sleepy way. Jiyoon smiled widely when she saw her girlfriend.

‘Hey’ Jiyoon got closer and kissed her lover’s cheek. ‘Did I wake you? I’m sorry…go back to sleep, I’ll be there in a minute’ Gayoon nodded and dragged her feet back to the room.

‘You were right’ Jiyoon said when Gayoon had disappeared from the view.

‘About?’ Jihyun got surprised.

‘Kyuhyun-oppa did wanted us to date…’

The leader of 4minute entered in alert mode. ‘Did you…’

‘Of course not!’ the younger girl was feeling offended by the assumption for the second time in the day. ‘Honestly, how bad do you think I am?’

Jihyun got embarrassed. She didn’t mean it like that. ‘I’m sorry…’ she wasn’t that good with expressing things with words. ‘Is just…I…I thought maybe…’

Jiyoon pressed her lips together with anger. She waited for her unnie to continue talking.

‘I’m concerned…for Gayoon…’

The younger sighed. She can’t be mad with her leader, she’s far too innocent. ‘I’m not playing with Gayoonie… I love her…truly’

After a second of stare contest, Jihyun decided her dongsae was honest about her words. She nodded. ‘I’m sorry I doubt you…’ she opened her arms and hugged her friend apologetic.

Jiyoon accepted the hug with half a frown, half a smile. She was still feeling offended, but didn’t want to fight her leader.

‘Go to your girl now, she’s waiting’ Jihyun patted Jiyoon’s back before releasing her from the hug. The latter nodded and went away.

---

‘Err…I’m sorry, I’m not interested…’ Gayoon was speaking on the phone when Jiyoon entered the room. The youngest lifted an eyebrow and sat next to her friend. ‘Hey, that was rude! ...I’m not interested, you’re not my type, what is it that you don’t understand? …listen, I’m busy now, I don’t have time for this. I have to go now. Don’t ever call me again! Bye’

She didn’t wait for an answer and hanged up. Jiyoon got surprised at her girlfriend’s rudeness.

‘Who was it?’ the youngest asked with wide open eyes.

‘Some jerk that got my number who knows from where…’ Gayoon wasn’t in a good mood. Jiyoon reached for her cheek and caressed it softly.

‘I’m sure he won’t call again, don’t worry’ Jiyoon’s hand went to her lover’s hair and slowly brushes it.

Gayoon yielded at the gesture and sighed. ‘…Why all this pricks call me?’

‘Because you’re pretty…’ Jiyoon whispered before kissing her girlfriend’s neck. The latter shivered underneath, but a shy smile drew on her face. ‘And because you’re y…’ this time, the kiss went higher; to the jaw. ‘Because you’re perfect…’ Jiyoon breathed softly before pressing her lips against her friend’s.

Slowly the kiss went deeper and deeper, and in the same pace, it went softer until they ended the kiss with little pecks all over their faces.

‘So, how it went?’ Gayoon asked resting her head on Jiyoon’s shoulder.

‘You guys were right…’

‘Hmm?’ the long haired girl lifted her head.

‘He wanted us to date…’

Gayoon tightened her jaw before asking the next question. ‘…And what did you say?’

‘I said that I was sorry but I’m in love with someone else now’ Jiyoon smiled warmly at her girlfriend. The latter smiled too and stole a kiss from her lips.

‘Who?’ the long haired girl asked playfully. Jiyoon smirked.

‘Humm…, let me see, the person I’m in love with is really really pretty’ the girl stole glances to her girlfriend while she pretended to think hard. ‘She has a great sense of fashion, she’s chic and she’s a great model and singer…’

‘Aha…, continue’ Gayoon was enjoying this game.

Suddenly, Jiyoon’s smile turned evil. ‘…she’s great kisser, and she does almost everything right…’ The older girl lifted an eyebrow.

‘Almost everything?’

Jiyoon hold her laugh. ‘Yes…, my baby girl can’t dance for her life’ saying this, Jiyoon burst out in laughter while Gayoon hit her with all her strength, making Jiyoon laugh harder.

In the end both ended up laughing and rolling on the bed playing tickles and stealing kisses from time to time. Exhausted, they laid on the bed unable to move or speak, they shared a short comfortable silence.

‘Maknaes had a fight…’ Gayoon spoke first breaking the quietness.

 ‘Huh? I thought they were happily kissing’ Jiyoon was surprised.

‘Yeah, but I something happened between them, I don’t know what, but it ended up with slamming doors and runs away from home…’

‘Seem pretty bad’

‘Seem pretty…maknae’

Jiyoon chuckled. ‘You’re right, they’re still young’

‘You know, I think they need a parent-children talk’ Jiyoon wanted to make a joke about it, but Gayoon was serious. She gave it a second thought and at the thought, her face got tense. Gayoon noticed it.

‘I can talk to Hyuna if you want…’

‘Yeah, that would be good…’ Jiyoon agreed trying to get to normal again.

Gayoon stared at her girlfriend’s eyes and couldn’t help to touch her soft skin. Jiyoon closer her eyes enjoying the caress.

‘When are you going to forgive her…?’ the older girl pose the question cautiously. Jiyoon frowned a little with her eyes still closed.

‘Do we have to talk about this now?’ the slightly younger girl asked in a husky voice.

Gayoon knew immediately that Jiyoon wasn’t in the mood for that talk… ‘No if you don’t want…, but sooner or later you two will have to talk about it, and I would like to know how you feel first’

Jiyoon opened her eyes and rested them on her girlfriend’s. ‘I know…’ she said after a second. ‘But I’m not in the mood right now…’

The latter nodded and pulled her friend for a hug. Gayoon hadn’t felt so in love in her life. Yes she had had boyfriends before, and even she had loved one of them a lot, but she had never felt like in that moment. The way she felt connected with Jiyoon was a thing she felt blessed and at the same time scared, scared of the vulnerable she was with her short hared friend, how weak she felt every time her friend looked at her and smiled, how she couldn’t keep her hands for herself when Jiyoon was around.

‘I love you’ the words slipped out her lips before she could stop them. Jiyoon felt happiness in an instant. She broke the hug and stared at her friend’s eyes.

‘I love you more’ the younger girl said shortening the distance between them and placing a sweet kiss on Gayoon’s lips.

‘I love you more than my life…’ Jiyoon thought the moment the kiss went deeper…