I don’t have a chance now, do I…?

If I don’t have you

Guys, I'm back!!! I've been having writers block for a long time now, but now it seems fine :3 I tried to update last week but 4minute's comeback happened and now my life is a spazzing mess so, I hope you understand. I made two chapters to apologize with you for the long time I left you without this story, I hope you like them~~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Chapter...

 

‘You used me…’ Hyuna directed her friend a death glare.

‘Ani-’

‘Don’t! I don’t want to hear it…’ Hyuna stormed out the room before Sohyun could pronounce another word.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sohyun ran after Hyuna trying to catch her but she failed, Hyuna slipped through her fingers and went out the apartment slamming the door behind her.

‘What the hell?’ Gayoon went out her room just to see Sohyun frozen in front of the door. ‘Sohyun-ah, what happened?’

The young turned her head and her sight became blurry out of the tears that flood her eyes. Gayoon moved closer, but before she could touch her friend, Sohyun opened the door and went out the dorm just like Hyuna.

‘Yah!’ Gayoon protested but Sohyun didn’t care, she went down the stairs as fast as she could. She needed to find Hyuna, she needed to explain to her that it wasn’t like that…

‘What happened now?’ Jihyun asked getting near Gayoon.

‘I guess maknaes are not that good as we thought…’ the slightly younger girl replied dragging her feet to her room.

---

Hyuna found her way to the basement of the building. She crossed her way with some janitors and other employees but she didn’t paid attention to any of their looks, she just wanted to run away from the horrible feeling of being used…

‘How can she do this…?’ the young girl thought as she felt tears running down her cheeks. ‘I thought maknae was a sweet little girl…I guess I made the same mistake again…I never learn’

She felt suddenly weaker and collapsed on the floor. There was no one around, she was by herself.

Tears never stopped falling. She felt miserable, unloved, unwanted… She tried to calm herself, but she couldn’t, the pain was strong and the loneliness too.

‘Jiyoonie…’ the name stopped in her brain for less than a second, but it was enough to increase the agony.

---

‘Have you seen Hyuna?’ Sohyun asked the receptionist. She was out of breath.

‘No, I haven’t seen her’ replied the man with an apologetic look.

‘So that means she didn’t leave the building, right?’

The man was surprised and confused with the sudden question of the famous girl. ‘I-I guess not…’

‘Thanks!’ she said half bowing and starting to run downstairs, to the basements.

---

‘Oppa!’ Jiyoon waved her hand in the air when she spotted a familiar face.

‘Hey’ Kyuhyun waved back and both went to the encounter. ‘You look great’ said the boy with a smile when they were face to face.

‘Ani’ Jiyoon smiled shyly and slapped softly his arm.

‘How have you been?’ the boy asked starting to walk beside Jiyoon.

‘Great, you?’

‘Good’ he smiled. ‘Thinking of you lately…’

Jiyoon got shocked. Her friends were right, the guy was straightforward with his thoughts…

‘Err…why were you thinking about me…?’ the girl asked hesitating.

‘I don’t know, your face just keep appearing in my mind’ he was smiling like if what he had just said was the most normal thing in the world. ‘Have you thought of me?’

Jiyoon got blank for a second. ‘The other day I watched one of those episodes of Immortal Song that were repeating and I remembered our time there…’

‘Liar!’ she shouted inside her mind.

‘Really? I didn’t know they were repeating Immortal Song’ Kyuhyun lifted his eyebrows in surprise.

‘Yeah, I saw it by accident, I didn’t know either’ she lied again. She did know that some episodes were on repeat but she hasn’t seen one. ‘So, oppa, who’s your life going?’ she changed the topic.

‘A bit boring sometimes, wanting to go out of routine and have fun’ a smirk flew to Jiyoon and hit her like a trunk.

‘Aren’t you in We Got Married or something?’ suddenly a light lit up in Jiyoon’s brain. Kyuhyun got uncomfortable with the question. She smiled; she knew exactly how to get out of that situation.

‘Err…umm…yeah…’

‘How can you say your life is boring when you have a wife now?’ she said feeling revived.

‘Virtual wife’ he corrected.

‘Whatever, is the same anyway’ she shrugged.

‘Is not’ Kyuhyun narrowed his eyebrows.

‘Yes it is, look at Adam couple’

‘Jokwon is gay…GaIn is covering him…’

Jiyoon was about to reply something but she was left with open. ‘What…?’

‘Yes…Jokwon is gay’

The girl was in shock, she was trying to process the news. ‘…Oh…’

‘Virtual marriage is virtual marriage’ he said a bit serious.

They walked in silence for a few seconds.

‘Want to eat something?’ Kyuhyun glanced at his still shocked friend. She snapped out of her thoughts.

‘Yeah…sure’ she nodded following the boy inside a restaurant.

They sat across the other and immediately the waitress gave them the menu. Jiyoon wasn’t really hungry so she ordered a salad. Kyuhyun ordered the same.

‘So, how about you? How’s your life going?’ he asked to start a conversation again.

‘Good, with schedules from time to time, you know how it is’ she gave a vague answer. He nodded and put his elbows on the table moving his face closer to Jiyoon’s and resting his chin on his fists.

‘Do you have a boyfriend?’ he asked with a flirty smirk on my face. Jiyoon got aback.

She hesitated before answer. ‘Err…yeah, sort of…I’m…seeing someone right now…’

‘Sort of? What does that mean?’ his smirk faded away for a second but now it came back. ‘Is it something that is not that serious?’

Jiyoon wasn’t feeling comfortable with all the questions but she needed to get out of that cornering. ‘It’s very serious’ she assured with a serious tone.

‘Who is he?’ now he wasn’t that happy, he even frown a bit.

‘It’s a she!’ the girl thought before faking a smile. ‘It’s a secret’

‘Oh, I see, you’re being sneaky’ he half smirked.

The waitress came in that moment with their order. She quickly put the dishes on the table and left.

Jiyoon had plenty of time to control her anger towards the amount of cockiness of his way of speaking. ‘Yeah, you know how it is’ she finally said when the girl was away enough.

‘How long have you been together? Because the last time we saw each other you were pretty single’ he asked pouring some sauce on the salad.

She was losing her temper. ‘We’ve known each other for a long time so yeah…’

Jiyoon entertained herself with adding some salt and pepper to her own plate.

‘Did I ever have a chance?’ Kyuhyun put down his fork and pinned his eyes on her. She got surprised and lifted her gaze to meet his.

She observed him with attention. There was no sign of teasing or flirting this time, he was being serious about the topic.

‘You did…’ she finally answered with a sad smile on her face.

‘I knew it…!’ he moved to the back of his seat like he was cursing in his head. ‘I don’t have a chance now, do I…?’

Jiyoon felt sorry for him, but she had to be honest… ‘No, you don’t…’ she shook her head one time to make the negative more emphatic. He became gloomy. ‘I’m sorry oppa…’ she moved her hand across the table to touch his.

‘Don’t be…’ he said observing her hand holding his own. ‘I was late to realize that everything that happened in Immortal Song was actually my chance with you…’

She became silent due to lack of ideas. She felt burdened.

‘Don’t do that face please’ suddenly he said smiling as true as he could. ‘We still can be good friends, right?’

‘Yes of course!’ Jiyoon said nodding furiously. The boy giggled and put his other hand on top of hers.

‘Thanks’ Kyuhyun’s face turned sad eventhough he was smiling. ‘For being honest with me’

She shook her head. ‘I couldn’t lie to you, oppa… Even if it’s not lovingly, you’re a very especial friend to me’

This time his face lit up a bit. ‘You’re the best Jiyoon-ah…’

She smiled shyly and returned to her salad.

‘You should finish your salad’ she said pointing his plate with her fork. He giggled.

‘You’re right’