Maknaes

If I don’t have you

I didn't notice it has been a bit more than a year since I updated. I'm so sorry. Life, writers block and sickness took my year away without me noticing and I'm truly sorry for all the ones that have waited for this update. I'm sort of back now to try to finish this little story I like so much and I hope you too. I apologize again and thank you for the ones that still read this. Love you always. Nana.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jihyun was in cloud nine after that date with Hyungsik. He had admitted that he wasn’t happy with their current noona-dongsaeng relationship and both started dating for real shortly after.

Jiyoon had made a tantrum by the fact that she hadn’t met the man that “stole her wife” from her and so Hyungsik went to 4minute’s dorm one afternoon to meet his girlfriend’s bandmates properly.

Jiyoon and Hyungsik made friendship really fast. He felt at ease talking to her thanks to her easygoing personality and both shared many inside jokes about Jihyun, which, was far from happy with the situation. Soon enough, the rest of the members started making jokes about NamJi’s ways of “ruling” the house and how she was too kind and calm but also how those features were very scary for the same reasons.

The evening finished with the six young idols laughing and cracking jokes at one another. Half of the time Hyungsik had to wait until one of the members were kind enough to explain this or that situation that was funny, but he felt glad he could met his lovely girlfriend friends. He clearly wasn’t expecting 4minute girls were so normal and far from their stage personas, but he was happy.

‘Thanks for a lovely evening’ he said swinging his entwined hand with hers while both walked out the building. Jihyun smiled sheepishly.

‘I hope my loud members didn’t scare you’ she said giggling.

Hyungsik simply smiled and put a soft kiss on her lips. ‘Never…’ he whispered. ‘Good night, babe’

‘Good night’

Jihyun returned to the apartment happier than ever. The members a bit but then complimented Hyungsik for being “such a nice guy” and they augury her a long term relationship.

Jihyun’s happiness spread like wildfire to everyone around through the days.

2yoon started a long term honeymoon and the mankaes were in a little something neither of them clarify, all thanks to Jihyun’s extended happiness with the new found meaning of love and the world…

---

Several weeks later

It was a free day for 4minute and 2yoon was out in a date while Sohyun and Hyuna were alone because Jihyun was out in a date with Hyungsik.

Hyuna had decided she wouldn’t push Sohyun to do anything. She wanted Sohyun to want her because she was sure not because she was forced to, so she was letting her have her space.

Maknaes were watching a movie and both were seated on the couch. Hyuna was paying more attention to the hand Sohyun decided to rest on her leg that to the movie. She was aware of every single little movement of her friend’s hand. The way her fingers moved when in the movie the main character suffered or something happened to him. She loved every second of it. She even wished the movie never end, but it did eventually, and Sohyun’s hand was not on her lap anymore. Hyuna decided she needed some air…

‘Sohyun-ah, I’m going out’ she stood up and made her way to the door.

‘Where are you going? I thought you were free today’ Sohyun’s voice sounded a bit disappointed.

‘I am, I’m just going to take some air’ Hyuna almost smiled to the pout Sohyun did. Jiyoon’s words were true after all. “Make yourself look “busy” and almost uninterested. She’ll start noticing how much she likes you attention”

‘Don’t make that face, I’ll bring you ice cream’ Hyuna said taking her purse and her jacket in her hands.

‘Can I come?’ Sohyun burst the question without noticing.

Hyuna got surprised. She smiled. ‘Of course you can’

Sohyun smiled a bit. She turned off the TV and grabbed her jacket really fast.

‘Leggo’ the younger girl said flashing the older girl a sassy smile. Hyuna blushed a bit.

Both girls went out the apartment with shy smiles on their faces.

Hyuna wanted ice cream so both went to the parlor chatting about meaningless things.

Sohyun was suddenly feeling with a lot of energy and seeing the bright side of the world. She knew what was happening to her. She felt it before the first time she fell for Hyuna, and now she wondered if she ever really got over her. Her crush for Jiyoon seem far in her memories even though it was just a few months ago that she swear she loved her unnie more than she wanted to admit.

With Hyuna, the feeling, was somehow stronger. The butterflies havocking her stomach, the accelerated heartbeat…, all those symptoms were the “usual”, but the warmth inside her chest was something that felt new to her. Maybe the way Hyuna made her feel when she looked at her, or the way her smile could warm a cold day, or the pressing feeling of millions of little explosions inside her chest were the things that were new to Sohyun; but she knew what was already happening, and she wasn’t doing anything to stop it. She was sure this time, that if she falls, Hyuna would pick her up in her arms and never let her go.

‘Sohyun-ah, would you like to share a banana split with me?’ Hyuna asked snapping the younger out of her thoughts.

‘As long as you don’t steal my half, we’re good’ Sohyun said with a wiry smile. Hyuna giggled and nodded.

The older girl couldn’t feel happier with all the situation. Sohyun was being very receptive to all her attentions and affections and even in some occasions, the younger girl initiated the skinship, like when they watched the movie earlier that day.

Several times maknae had hold Hyuna’s hand for various seconds or minutes, always leaving the rapper with a sense of dizziness that she couldn’t shake at all the entire day. She always ended up in some sort of trance thanks to Sohyun’s random touchiness.

Hyuna recognized Sohyun wasn’t the kind of girl that shows affection in her daily basis, nor was the kind of sweet girl everyone expected her to be; she was independent and very bad at aegyo or any other girly things. She was somehow “boyish” in many ways (not Jiyoon-like of course), but to Hyuna, Sohyun was a cute little cinnamon roll that needs to be protected and cared.

She knew the real Sohyun, the real girl that suffered sometimes because she was never at the level of the “maknae” type of expectations, the witty, nerdy and very athletic girl that liked to be with her members and enjoy a lazy Sunday in the couch watching doramas and eating popcorn. She knew that girl and loved everything about her; her sassiness, her corny jokes, her bad attempts to make fun of 2yoon, her cool yet cute look, her adorable dorkiness and her skillful ways to make everything special… She was head over heels for Sohyun and the reciprocate feeling was filling her with happiness beyond explanation.

Hyuna was so in love with her bandmate she didn’t realize it was already being noticed by everyone around and the fans. 4nias were the first ones that noticed the way the rapper steal loveable glances at the youngest 4minute member. And they were the first ones that noticed that that love was not one sided…

‘Unnie, you’re stealing!’ the cute little whine of Sohyun made Hyuna giggle and she playfully tap her friend’s nose with her spoon full of ice cream. ‘YAH’ Sohyun complained with a frown and put ice cream on Hyuna’s nose too.

Both started playing like that until they ended up with their hands and faces all sticky.

‘I’m gross thanks to you!’ Sohyun tried to say frowning but a smile appeared instead. Hyuna chuckled and put a kiss on her friend’s cheek unintentionally.

Both got aback.

Sohyun blushed and Hyuna panicked. She didn’t mean to do that so suddenly.

‘I’m sorry…’ Hyuna mumbled and stood up.

‘Ammm…don’t worry…’ the younger girl said still blushing. ‘Let’s finish the ice cream. Sit down’

Hyuna obeyed wishing she didn’t do that. She ruined the moment they were having and now it was awkward…

Sohyun, on the other hand, wished they weren’t in a public place. She was taken by surprise by the kiss, but she loved it. She actually wanted to continue that game path but the parlor was not a good place for that…

They finished the ice cream mostly in silence; both with millions of conversations inside their heads but none willing to speak first. After they finish, they went home walking slowly.

‘Sohyun-ah…’ Hyuna finally broke the silence. ‘I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to push things, I-’

Her words died in when she felt Sohyun’s hand searching for her own and entwining her fingers.

Hyuna could feel the heat going up her face and the lack of air in her lungs. Sohyun hadn’t turn to look at her even once, but the crimson in her cheeks was speaking enough for her.

Walking hand by hand, but in silence, they got to the apartment.

‘Unnie…’ finally Sohyun broke her muteness right before Hyuna opened their house door. The youngest pulled her off the door to make turn to look at her. ‘I…’

Sohyun couldn’t find the words she was wanting to say and Hyuna’s questioning eyes weren’t helping either. She swallowed hard noticing how close and dry was at that very moment.

Hyuna was waiting patiently for her friend to speak, and her eyes were wandering around her features. She noticed how nervous Sohyun was by just seeing her eyes moving from side to side trying to find words in her head; her lower lip was being bitten several times and her hands were trembling softly. Hyuna focus in her lips. Those cherry-like plumpie treasures…

Sohyun noticed Hyuna’s eyes on her lips and she couldn’t help but blush. She suddenly didn’t need words to tell her friend how she feels. She leaned closer and put a soft kiss on Hyuna’s lips…