JiAh...

If I don’t have you

OMG, I feel so bad for neglecting this story... ;--; I'm so sorry guys, my life has became a crazy neverending working day...

I'm starting to join some loose wires in the story. I hope you guys like this chapter. I hope I can bring you a next one soon, tho I'm not sure if it'll be THAT soon. I'm sorry in advance if I take too long.

Love you always for reading~~~♥

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, the manager contacted Jihyun and told her she had to go to the first meeting with The Romantic & Idol crew. After that meeting, she was told that she had to pack her things and prepare for a trip to Jeju Island for the shooting of the show. This, was a week ago, and now 4minute was without their leader…

‘How long has Jihyun-unnie been away?’ Sohyun asked sitting in the table to have breakfast with the rest of her members.

‘Three days’ answered Jiyoon putting butter on her toast.

‘When is she coming back?’ Sohyun stole the toast off Jiyoon’s hand.

‘YAH!’ the older girl complaint. Gayoon laughed.

‘In two days’ replied Hyuna giggling.

‘We have schedule today, is she going to be there?’ Sohyun asked while fighting with Jiyoon for the piece of toast.

‘She said she would’ Gayoon answered repressing another laugh when Jiyoon finally stole her food from maknae’s hands.

‘You have a lot to learn, kiddo’ Jiyoon smirked triumphal. Sohyun pouted and returned to her cereal.

‘So, does she said anything about what is happening in the place she is?’ Hyuna asked leaning back in her seat.

‘I don’t know, I guess she’s having fun since she’s not replying to our messages that diligently…’ Jiyoon half pouted when she said this.

‘Awww, is appa feeling neglected by her wife?’ maknae unnie.

Jiyoon shot Sohyun a glare. ‘Of course I’m feeling neglected. Your mom is not answering to my messages!’

Hyuna chuckled. ‘You know, I think she really like this guy she told us in her last message…’

Jiyoon puffed her cheeks.

‘Who is he again?’ Gayoon asked with a smirk on her face.

‘She didn’t say his name’ Hyuna said with full.

Jiyoon frowned. ‘What’s with the mystery?

‘I don’t know, that’s why I think she really likes him’ Hyuna smirked mischievously.

‘Well, is not like we’re going to steal him or anything’ Sohyun commented resting her back on the chair.

Gayoon gave it a thought. ‘Maybe she’s just confused’

‘…Like…if she likes girls?’ the youngest asked surprised by the mare thought.

‘No, silly! Confused about if she likes him or not!’ Gayoon almost shouted.

‘Oh…’ Sohyun lowered her head.

Jiyoon shook her head. ‘Pabo…’

‘You’re a pabo!’ maknae talked back immediately.

Hyuna and Gayoon giggled.

‘So, when does she arrive?’

‘Around 11am’

Sohyun looked at the clock on the wall. ‘Two hours left…’

‘What should we do in these two hours?’

Gayoon looked directly to Jiyoon and moved her eyes towards Hyuna. At first Jiyoon didn’t get it, but when she did, she sighed.

‘I think we need cereal and milk’ Jiyoon said standing up. ‘Hyuna, will you accompany me to the store?’

Hyuna got surprised with this. She turned to look at Gayoon and this one nodded briefly.

‘So…?’

‘Sure’ said the rapper and stood up too.

Sohyun got suspicious about this but she didn’t mention it. She simply observed them all.

‘Great. Let’s go’

Both Jiyoon and Hyuna went out the apartment leaving Sohyun and Gayoon doing the dishes.

---

The road to the market place was mostly in silence. Hyuna steal glances at Jiyoon every now and then, but she didn’t dare to say a word.

They bought what they needed and headed back home still in silence…

‘Hyuna’ suddenly Jiyoon’s voice filled the empty space between them. Hyuna got startled.

‘Ne…?’

‘Let’s go to the park’

Jiyoon didn’t wait for her friend’s answer; she just started walking towards it. Hyuna followed not really wanting to contradict her.

When they got there, Jiyoon spotted a free bench and sat on it. Hyuna did too but keeping a safe distance from Jiyoon…

The younger girl got a little anxious when five minutes after they got there, Jiyoon was still in silence looking at something in the distance.

‘Umm…’ Hyuna muttered wanting to call the attention of her unnie. She did it. Jiyoon turned her head and looked at her in the eyes. Hyuna got a little scared.

‘…I’m sorry…’

Hyuna heard these words like a whisper. She opened so say something but nothing came.

‘I overreacted’ Jiyoon kept talking like if she didn’t see the attempt of Hyuna to speak. ‘I shouldn’t have said all those things to you… I’m sorry…’

Hyuna’s sight got blurry. She noticed her own eyes watering.

‘Hyuna…’ Jiyoon put her hand on top of her friend’s. Rivers started to fall down Hyuna’s cheeks. ‘Don’t cry… I’m sorry’

Hyuna started shaking her head slowly. She wanted to talk but every time she tried, she started crying harder.

Jiyoon felt like crap. She couldn’t believe she put one of her members in such state. Without noticing, her eyes started watering too.

With trembling hands she put her arm around her friend’s. ‘I’m sorry! Hyuna, don’t cry, please!’ the older girl found herself sobbing as hard as her younger friend.

A few minutes passed and both girls were still crying their heart out. Neither of them was sure why they were crying so much but they were feeling lighter of weight.

Slowly both started calming down.

‘I’m sorry…’ this time Hyuna was the one that spoke. Her voice wasn’t stable but she managed to continue. ‘For everything…’

Jiyoon nodded while cleaning her tears.

‘That time…’ Hyuna took some air before continue. ‘She was the one that kissed me…’ Jiyoon felt her heart skip a bit. She didn’t expect to hear Hyuna talking about that incident. She stared at her friend’s eyes looking for answers to all her questions. ‘I let her…’ Hyuna’s voice cracked a bit. ‘I knew I was doing something bad but I didn’t know what else to do to call you attention…’ This was the first time the charismatic girl heard this confession. ‘I was in love with you…’ Jiyoon got surprised. ‘I knew you liked her… but I also knew she liked me...’ the older girl’s breath was cutting short. ‘I tried to reach you, I tried to talk to you, but you only saw her… I was so jealous…’ Hyuna sobbed a little. ‘I did something reckless and because of that our friendship went to hell. I wish I have never done that… I hurt you and her and a lot of people too…’ Hyuna started tearing again.

Jiyoon was frozen. All this confession had come unexpected.

‘I hope you can forgive me one day…’ the younger girl stood up the bench wanting to leave, but Jiyoon stopped her.

Hyuna, feeling her friend’s hand grabbing her wrist, she turned her head and found Jiyoon staring at the floor.

‘That day I saw you two kissing…, I understood that she never liked me…’ the oldest girl’s voice was low and filled with subtle variations of volume. ‘But I felt betrayed by you…’ she took some air to calm down her feelings. ‘You knew I was in love with her yet still you kissed her back…’ Hyuna tightened her jaw. ‘I didn’t know you were trying to get my attention though…’ Jiyoon lifted her head to see a still teary Hyuna. Their eyes met. ‘…I didn’t know you were…’ Jiyoon didn’t finish the sentence. She closed her eyes in an attempt to shake her mixed feelings. ‘I never imagined…’ Her sentence got unfinished again, but this time it was because of Hyuna’s lips…

The connection lasted less than a second, and it was so soft that Jiyoon could barely feel her friend’s lips on her.

‘I’m sorry’ Hyuna apologized immediately feeling the rush of blood in her face. ‘I just… I had to… at least once…’

Jiyoon, as shocked as she was, she smiled and nodded in understanding.

‘I know why Amber preferred your lips than mine…’ Jiyoon giggled at her own joke while she her lips. Hyuna didn’t find it that amusing though.

‘YAH! It wasn’t like that!’ Hyuna furrowed her eyebrows still feeling her face burning. Jiyoon laughed sincerely for a few seconds.

‘I’m sorry I was so harsh on you this past year…’ this, Jiyoon said it rather serious. She squished lightly Hyuna’s hand.

The younger girl lowered her guard and sat on the bench again.

‘You should have told me…’ Jiyoon leaned back and put her arm over the top of the chair.

‘By the time I had the courage to tell you, it was too late…’ Hyuna pouted a bit.

‘You should have told me sooner, then’

Hyuna let out a sad chuckle. ‘Would it have changed anything?’

‘Maybe’ Jiyoon shrugged. ‘No one knows…’ she gave Hyuna a cryptic smile and stood up the bench. ‘Come, let’s go home’

Hyuna was still trying to decipher what the smile meant when they arrived home, but she dropped it when she saw her beloved Sohyun welcoming her with a wide smile.

‘Welcome home…’ Sohyun’s voice and kiss on the cheek lingered in Hyuna’s mind for the rest of the day…

 

--TBC--