Chapter 9

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungyeol and his friends, Woohyun and Dongwoo, were heading to their lecturer’s weeding.

“Ahh, I should stop going to people’s weeding and have mine instead next time,” said Woohyun. Dongwoo was just laughing with Woohyun’s statement. “We’re still young, chillex buddy,” said Sungyeol. “You, do you have a lover Sungyeol?” Woohyun asked.

“No, currently I don’t have anybody special,” answered Sungyeol honestly. “By any chance, are you still having that person in your heart?” Dongwoo was talking about Sungjong, Sungyeol knew it.

“Most probably.” He shrugged.

“Ahh,” both Woohyun and Dongwoo rolled their eyes. Woohyun put his hand on the tallest man's shoulder. “Dude, move on. He’s someone else’s now.” 

Sungyeol sighed. “Maybe you guys can help me? Have someone to introduce for me Woohyun? You, Dongwoo?”

“How about my sister?” Dongwoo suggested. “Are you for real, Dongwoo? You want to become in-law with Sungyeol? He’s our friend.”

“I don’t see anything wrong with that. As friends and same time as in-laws, doesn’t it sound fun?” Dongwoo grinned. 

“Hm, lemme meet her first, either she passes my qualification or not.”

“See that? You’re too choosey.” Woohyun made face. “I have to be picky because I will live all my life with that person, no?” They stopped in front of the church. “But, I really don’t think Dongwoo’s idea will be great. I mean, what if you and Dongwoo’s sister really became a couple but you know, because of some kind of issues, you left her. Won’t you be mad at him, Dongwoo? Then, what will happen to your friendship?”

“Things happened. We can’t think everything negatively,” Dongwoo answered to Woohyun. “It was just a prediction, okay? Hope for the best, prepare for the worse, isn’t it? You can always gamble with life but not everything. Saved some for you too, huh?” Woohyun smiled, tapping Dongwoo’s chest lightly and went into the church.Because Dongwoo was just that innocent and pure. It was good to always think positively but somehow that guy should worry and have some sense of caution. Not for someone else’s but for himself.

Dongwoo looked at Sungyeol. “Am I stupid or what?”

“Nope, you’re genius. You think about the benefits of you and others might get. It’s good to be honest.”

“But I think, Woohyun got a point too. I’ll find someone else for you,” Dongwoo chuckled and followed Woohyun. Sungyeol just smiled. When he was about to step on the stairs, he felt like to turn his back. He did so and saw someone familiar drove a car passed behind him. He was taken aback. “Was that Sungjong’s..” he stopped and shook his head. Sungyeol fixed his clothes and took his stepped into the church.

 

One rainy night, Sungjong was having a nightmare. “Go! Please, don’t do this to me! I hate it! Go away!” Sungjong talked in his sleep. His pillow was wet from his tears and sweats. “Just go! I beg you!”

Myungsoo woke up by hearing that. He wasn’t surprised because this wasn’t the first time. Ever since Sungjong got back home, he had the same dream quite often. “Jongie! Jongie, wake up!”

“Don’t do this to me!”

“Baby, open your eyes! Wake up!” Myungsoo tried to wake his wife up. Sungjong opened his eyes and saw Myungsoo was before him, he yelped. He was shaking so hard, he was terrified. “Go away! I hate it! Go!”

“Jongie baby, it’s me, Myungie!” He tried to hug Sungjong but Sungjong pushed Myungsoo away harshly. “Just go!” Sungjong continued to cry. “Baby, it’s me,” Myungsoo hugged the scared Sungjong by his side. Sungjong was struggling to escape while screaming how much he hated it. Myungsoo couldn’t help but cried too. “Baby, it’s okay, it’s just me, Myungie.”

“Myu-Myungie?” Sungjong seemed like snapped back to reality. “Yes, I’m Myungsoo, your husband,” he sniffed.

“Myungsoo, Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo.”

“Yes, yes, this is me.”

“Myungie,” Sungjong cried harder in Myungsoo’s arms. He was even hiccupping. He poured everything out. It was so sad for Myungsoo but he had to be strong for Sungjong. Myungsoo fixed Sungjong’s bangs and tighten his hug. “It’s okay, baby, you’re safe. You’re safe.” 

Less sobbing heard from Sungjong. Myungsoo made Sungjong to turn and looked at him. He wiped the tears with his thumbs and kissed the latter’s eyes. Sungjong got better after that. “I’m so sorry, baby. I really am.” Fat tears rolled down Myungsoo’s cheeks. “I made you remembered those nightmares and now they hunted you down. I’m truly very sorry, sweetheart. I’m sorry.” Myungsoo had remembered that he was literally Sungjong when he was drunk on that night.

Sungjong leaned back on Myungsoo while Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Sungjong. Myungsoo kissed Sungjong’s crown several times, sniffing Sungjong’s hair. He always loved Sungjong’s hair so much; it smelled like strawberry, sweet.

“He-he is my cousin. He's a son of my umma’s sister. My aunt died when she gave birth of him. He lost his dad when he was 9 at that time. One night, a robber was about to get into my house, my uncle saw him and struggled with the bad guy. But it happened when the robber got a knife and accidentally stabbed him. Since that, he stayed with us and I was 4 back then,” Sungjong stopped. He let a heavy sigh. “His name is Kim Sunggyu.”

Myungsoo didn’t say anything and became a good listener he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter