Chapter 21

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You!” Dongwoo pointed at the man in front of him and stormed directly towards the taller guy. The tone and the facial expression Dongwoo was using sounded he was furious. Hoya was just standing there, in front of his now closed bookstore awkwardly, looking left and right, didn’t really expect he did anything that cause any trouble to Dongwoo. When Hoya certainly sure there was no one beside or behind him, he looked at Dongwoo while pointing his finger to himself. “Me?”

This was the third time Dongwoo came to his bookstore this week alone and grumbling nothing but nonsense, something like fate and destiny, and Hoya couldn’t really digest that. Hm.. Before this continues in a longer period and Hoya might lose the count, he knew he must do something to finish it.

Hoya had met Dongwoo before, a several times to be frank, but that was that, because they were living in the same town, so the probability to bum onto each other was normal at any rate. Just.. the feel, the aura when they were together was not normal. There was something in the air and it was not normal. Hoya didn’t know either it was bad or it was good.

After all these years, Hoya wasn’t sure himself but.. Dongwoo sort of gave him the almost same excitement in his tiny little heart after that person gone from his life forever. He didn’t want to admit it but somehow he felt Dongwoo made his dead heart beating again.

Terrorist.. Hoya said to himself.

“Yes, you! Mister-” Dongwoo paused for a moment before continued, “Mister I-don’t-know-your-name-yet-but-you-are-currently-hunting-me-day-and-night-in-my-head-and-i-don’t-know-myself-why!”

Hoya was a bit dumbfounded by that. “Oh..okay. So, what can I help you?”

“I want you to take the responsibility!” Dongwoo crossed his arms over his chest and threw his look to anything else but not Hoya’s eyes.

“Whoa whoa, hold on there. Responsibility what? Are you pregnant or something? As I remember, we never slept together and hell, I even never kissed you.”

Dongwoo blushed and Hoya smiled, which made Dongwoo’s knees grow weak, nearly causing him to slip onto the floor. “Yo..you! Don’t be ridiculous! Didn’t you hear me just now? Your image, your voice, your smile, your eyes, you are currently hunting me day and night! I have never felt this way before! I can’t do my work, I can’t sleep, I barely touch my food! All I think is you! All I hear is you! All I see is you! There must be something that you do to me! You are going to take the responsibility!”

Hoya covered his mouth with his fist as he chuckled quietly. He looked up to meet Dongwoo’s gaze but the latter quickly looked at other way. Hoya can tell Dongwoo’s furiousness had changed to nervous.

“I-I don’t know why I’m being like this b-but I think- I think I might love you. I told you, it’s destiny,” Dongwoo said softly, still not looking at Hoya. “Pardon?” Hoya lifted one his eyebrow.

Dongwoo pointed his finger to Hoya once again. “Don-don’t make me repeat myself again and again you-you--! Ugh!” he pulled his hand back and growled in frustration.

Hoya’s mouth twitched up into a lopsided smile. Dongwoo’s heart was beating crazily in his ribcage, waiting to explode anytime soon. And this was why he hated Hoya more. Until Hoya take the responsibility because did that to him, he will hate him, even before he knows his name.

“Take responsibility how?”

“I want you to-to fall in love with me.”

“And how can I do that?” Hoya asked with low tone.

“Well I-don’t know..”

Hoya suddenly leaned closer to Dongwoo, took the latter by surprise, grabbing Dongwoo’s jacket and spun him over, so that he could pin him against his bookstore’s door. Dongwoo shut his eyes as Hoya’s breath ghosted on his lips. He was slightly trembling.

“Wha-what are you trying to do?” Dongwoo opened his eyes and managed to ask. Hoya kept silence and just leaning forward.

“S-stop!” Hoya captured Dongwoo’s lips with his own. He shifted his lips against Dongwoo’s, deepening the kiss just barely, hands roaming. Dongwoo was fussing into the kiss but Hoya didn’t care. Actually, Dongwoo was confused himself; either he wanted to push Hoya away or to pull him closer. Dongwoo was the first who broke the kiss. He breathed heavily.

“Why? Was that not enough for you?” Hoya asked. Slowly, he slipped his hand into Dongwoo’s pants. “Stop right there! What are you thinking are you doing?!” Hoya didn’t bug a bit when Dongwoo tried to push him away. “You’re molesting me!”

“Oh please, don’t act like you don’t like it,” Hoya then kissed Dongwoo once again. This time was no more playing nice. He kissed Dongwoo eagerly, greedily, aggressively. And Dongwoo gave in.

With this bitter experience, he will shake in rage, punch me two or three times with all he got, and he’ll go home. Case closed. Hoya smirked with his own thought as he pulled away.

But all the scenario he had been planning in his head didn’t happen when he opened his eyes and saw Dongwoo was crying.

Crap! He’s serious! Hoya took of his hands from Dongwoo and stepped back, turned around, making his way to his car to back home.

“Whe-where are you going?” Dongwoo asked. “Home.”

“Don’t run away!” Dongwoo grabbed Hoya’s shirt from the back and that action made Hoya stopped. He looked over his shoulder as Dongwoo looked to him with determination and said, “I was decent at both school and sports with just a normal, mindless amount of effort. I’ve my family, my best friend, my dream job and live my life to the fullest. I’m very passionate with what I’m into. I’m never going down without a fight! And you just happened to be one of my passionate things-”

“I’m not a thing,” Hoya turned around and closed their gap. Dongwoo took a step back.

“Please,” Dongwoo pleaded. “I love you,” he was at the verge to cry. “It’s not like me or you or.. or anybody else to always fall for someone and I swear this isn’t feel like falling at all. I’m floating on the air. I don’t really make it easy for people to let them walk in my life but somehow I found a way to let you step inside without any doubt. That’s a risk I’m taking but I know I won’t regret it because I got my angel now and it’s.. it’s you. You’re everything I need. Can’t you.. can’t you try it for me? Please, please pull me back to the ground again. Please take the responsibility-”

Hoya chuckled. “I don’t even know your name-”

“Dongwoo! Jang Dongwoo! And yours?” Dongwoo said impatiently. His glassy eyes were big and sparkling, full with hopes and dreams.

“Hoya,” he then let out a deep sigh. “I don’t know much about destiny. And.. and surely for now, I don’t know what I’m feeling for you. I don’t know either I like you or not. But.. it occurred to me that I would like to try loving you.”

Dongwoo looked a bit shock by that. He couldn’t blink his eyes and looked through Hoya’s eyes. Slowly, tears rolled down Dongwoo’s cheeks.

What in the world he could be thinking? They could have been words of deception and not a confession of any sort.. but even so, just those words, he looked at me like that and blew away my reservations I had..

Dongwoo hurriedly took Hoya in his arms, pulling him into long embrace as he continued cried in earnest.

..That’s right. He’s a terrorist. Hoya thought by himself and slowly wrapped his hands around Dongwoo and hugged him back.

 

(Flashback)

Two weeks ago.

Dongwoo was on the phone with Woohyun. It felt like ages since the last time they had a proper conversation together. Dongwoo had been busy all week. Anyhow, it was good for him to put his focus on his overloaded works, so that he could get over the fact he missed his best friend so much.

Woohyun had gone, following Sunggyu to New York, together with Namgyu after they got married a month after Sunggyu kneeling and begging for Papa Nam’s blessing and forgiveness days and nights without failed for two weeks. Sunggyu had no family and he didn’t want Woohyun to feel the same thing as him. And for Sunggyu too, parents’ blessing was everything, the top priority in life. No more running away from issues, he got to face his problem like a real man he was. Eventually, the father gave in. Woohyun was proud with Sunggyu’s effort. They got married and now it was already five months Woohyun and baby Namgyu lived in New York with Sunggyu, his lawful husband.

“It’s scary here,” Woohyun said on the other line.

“D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter