Chapter 24

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Sungjongie?” Myungsoo rushed next to him when he found Sungjong was burying his face in his knees, violently shaking and making sobbing and whimpering noises when he stepped inside the house. Myungsoo instantly forgot how tired he was and he simply forgot everything about his work’s problems that day - his author was damn sick, he lost his best teammate to the competitor company, the missed of deadline, the drop of the comic sale, got lectured from his CEO more than usual. Well, it was just a bad day, not a bad life after all.

Now, he was dead worried about Sungjong. He glanced at Soojong’s room. The room was dark with the door was wide opened like usual. It looked like the toddler was asleep. Or.. was she?

“Are you okay? Are you--are you sick? Where’s hurt? Are the babies okay? Is that Soojong? That’s gotta be Soojong, right? Did she fall? Broke her hands or legs? Hurt herself? Sungjong, say something,” Myungsoo was uber frightened. He was ready to call his father in case he needed him, in the middle of night, on his father’s day leave. He didn’t care. Family was always come first, right? His father won’t say no. He truly knew how much family meant to the doctor.

Myungsoo can’t shake off his panic away even though Sungjong shook his head to every question he gave. So, he was okay, he was not sick or hurt, the babies were okay, Soojong was okay but why on earth Sungjong was crying like.. like someone had died? “Sungjong, talk to me,” Myungsoo almost pleaded. He slowly wrapped his arms around Sungjong and Sungjong hugged Myungsoo back, continued crying on Myungsoo’s shoulder. Myungsoo frowned. He felt helpless. His heart ached every time he knew Sungjong was upset. Myungsoo patted Sungjong’s head gently and murmured sweet nothing into Sungjong’s ear.

After awhile, Myungsoo finally can heave a relief sigh when Sungjong seemed to calm. Sungjong sat up straight, reaching out for tissues before wiped his tears and blew his nose. “I’m--I’m sorry, I cried.”

“No one should apologize because they cried, Jongie.”

“I was--,” Sungjong swallowed, “I was sad.”

“I can see that,” his fingers went to Sungjong’s dark, smooth hair, nails running lightly along his scalp. “Care to explain why? What makes you so upset? Hm?” Myungsoo’s voice was so soft and fond, full of concern. He then put his hand on Sungjong’s thigh and it slowly, in soothing way. It was reason #156 out of million why Sungjong loved Myungsoo. Myungsoo was very caring and the most patient man he ever met. He won’t push any further if he didn’t get what he wanted like the questions he asked remained unanswered. It may seemed like Myungsoo was less care but actually he was very understanding. It was devastated to be honest but Myungsoo got his self control so well, unless there was a clear reason for him to breakdown.

Sungjong sniffed and laughed awkwardly. “It was stupid. Really. Nothing matter,” Sungjong looked at Myungsoo and tried to gave an ensure smile but Myungsoo didn’t buy it.

“Aww, c’mon. Everything related to you are mattered to me, Jongie.”

“Seriously though, you wouldn’t want to know. Seriously.”

Myungsoo’s brow furrowed. He kept looking at Sungjong’s face, hadn’t any attention to take his eyes off so soon. He could spend hours staring at Sungjong without fall bored or even blink! Oh yeah, Myungsoo was that passionate, deal with it.

Sungjong gave a sigh like he was annoyed but really he couldn't be farther from it. “I was watching Game of Thrones. You know, the tv series that I’m into..?” Myungsoo nodded. “Yup, I know. Sometimes I catch the reruns with you. What episode was tonight? Episode 9 of season 3?”

“Episode 9 of season 3: The Rains of Castamere,” Sungjong cleared his throat. “Well, it turned out it was too sad like so damn sad. Owh, I’m grieving. Right now, I’m totally emotionally drained. It was tragedy. It was horrible, terrible, the most disturbing scene I have ever seen, totally messed up. Have I said it was too sad? Yeah. I was stunned, paralyzed, speechless over that . Seriously though, you were the same person when it started and after one hour later, you became a different human being.”

Myungsoo can tell that Sungjong was really frustrated over tonight’s episode. He used too many foul words and that amused him. Sungjong wasn’t the kind of person who loves to swear and when he noticed Sungjong wasn’t hesitant to use them, Myungsoo just let him be. He found it was funny and cute. And at the same time he was curious too. Myungsoo’s favourite was Margaery Tyrell. He said she was so beautiful and y and very clever and he adored her so much. Sometimes, Myungsoo purposely over praised her just to make Sungjong jealous.

“The was called The Red Wedding. You know Robb was promised to marry one of Lord Frey’s daughters but he didn’t and Lord Frey asked for Lord Edmure to marry one of his daughters instead in order for the change of an army. The marriage was on but somehow you just could feel something was going because the guys were too nice and everything was too perfect and the bride was way too hot to be Lord Frey’s daughter and you just knew something was up. Arya, Arya was only like a step closer to her mom, oh my God,” had to remind here Sungjong was saying all of these in one breath.

“Lord Frey was like I’m sorry. I’ve been a bad host. Robb, you came here with your nice wife and I just want to extend you thank you whatever the he told them. Then, this guard went right up to her, the pregnant woman, took a knife and gut stabbed her a few times! I was in horror for a good solid five minute! Robb and his mother, Cat, got shot with a couple of arrows and Lord ing Frey just sat on his seat laughing because he was a .”

Sungjong paused. “Do you really want me to keep going? Because I can, for like an hour.”

“I would love too,” Myungsoo simply answered because he wanted Sungjong to feel much better. He needed to get it all out.

“You wish. So, Cat grabbed Lord Frey’s wife by hair, had a knife on and she was like let us go and we’ll forget this or I’ll kill her. Robb stood up and you can see he was totally done. Cat was screaming to him to leave but you know there was nothing that anyone could do and he got stabbed and Cat was freaked out and sliced the girl’s throat and she got killed too,” Sungjong started sobbing again.

“It was totally insane. You know really well how I got so attached with the characters especially the Starks, right? One by one the Starks gone and I was like why, why do this to me. It’s not fair at all to torture my feelings, my fragile heart.”

“C’mere,” and Sungjong made himself closer to Myungsoo, cuddled him like no tomorrow while cried silently on Myungsoo’s chest. It when you happened to have a sensitive heart and pregnant. The hormones were all skyrocketing and you had nothing to control. “It’s okay, love. It’s okay. It’s just a good tv series with a great impact. You’ll be okay,” Myungsoo coaxed him.

“You don’t have any idea how afraid I was when I saw Robb’s pregnant wife got stabbed several times on the stomach. They were so happy when they knew they’ll be parents and decided to give their child’s name after Robb’s father if the baby was a boy. I--I could feel it. Myung, I could feel the stabs, the knife in me,” Sungjong whispered at the last part and trembled a little. He put his hand on his belly where the twins were inside. Even though he never met the twins yet but he already loved them so much. For him, he didn’t care if he got harm but not his children. Not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter