Chapter 15

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungjong opened his eyes slowly. He found he was lying out of nowhere. The place was all white yet the light wasn’t hurt his eyes; neither too strong nor too dim. Even he was wearing all white; white long sleeves shirt, white pants. Sungjong made himself sat up straight, and let his eyes wandered around. There was nothing there, simply plain white. The place seemed had no end, nor the beginning.

He stood up, tried to walk. Once he took the first step, the white floor changed colour to green as grasses were growing out, from under his feet throughout the whole place. Sungjong was a bit shock as there was a tree came out and grew tall and shady next to him. A lot of flowers were growing too; soon enough, he found himself was surrounded by the beautiful, colourful flowers. The closest to him was white lilies, his favourite. There was a pool or maybe a lake full with pinkish lotuses, behind him was mountains and Sungjong saw some birds were flying over his head, up in the clear blue sky. The sunlight was nice. The wind was blowing calmly. A couple of butterflies made Sungjong smiled as they seemed like having a couple dance on one of the yellow tulip.

Sungjong never had been at this place before. He knew this wasn’t real. He breathed heavily. Was he died or something? Was this place heaven?

He felt someone tugged his right sleeve. He saw a little girl with a long wavy black hair, around 4 or 5 years old. She was smiling brightly to him. That girl had Sungjong’s big pretty doe eyes and Myungsoo’s cute nose. Her skin was so fair and smooth. She was wearing a very nice white dress; she looked like a princess, a little princess. She was so beautiful.

“Umma,” she said to Sungjong. Sungjong was speechless and just could blinking his eyes. “Umma,” she called again. Sungjong squatted down on one of his knees and slowly touched the girl’s hair, caressed it lovingly.

“You are my daughter?” They made an eye contact. Sungjong got teary a bit. His lips were still playing a smile.

“Hump!” she nodded cutely. Sungjong laughed a bit. “So, what is your name my baby girl?”

“Her name is Soojong, Kim Soojong.” A guy answered from behind of Sungjong. Soojong’s eyes were sparkling and she smiled wider as the guy walked closer. “Appa!” she shouted and ran to him. Sungjong turned around and saw Myungsoo was carried their daughter by the side on the hips. Both of them were smiling brightly at Sungjong. Sungjong went to Myungsoo and before he could hug his husband, Myungsoo was fast enough to put down Soojong first.

“Myungsoo, I missed you so much, I missed you so, so much,” Sungjong cried, buried his face on Myungsoo’s neck. Myungsoo let out a small chuckle and caressed Sungjong’s back head. Then he hugged Sungjong dearly.  “I missed you too, sweetheart, so, very much,” Myungsoo broke the hug yet Sungjong’s hands were still wrapped around Myungsoo’s waist firmly. Myungsoo cupped Sungjong’s face and wiped his tears using his thumbs. Myungsoo leaned in and captured Sungjong’s lips. The kiss wasn’t too long or passionate. It was simple and full of love, enough to calm Sungjong down.

Soojong tugged Myungsoo’s sleeve. “I’m sorry we forgot about you,” Myungsoo chuckled and took her in his arms again. “She is our daughter, Jongie. She’s so pretty, just like you. She got your eyes but the nose is mine.” Sungjong chuckled by that. Myungsoo caressed Soojong’s hair with his free hand. “Her hair as soft as yours too. She’s so much like you, she’s all you.” Happy tears were rolling down from Sungjong’s eyes as he Soojong’s puffed, smooth cheek. He pinched it lightly, “You’re so adorable and beautiful, Soojongie.”

“Well, we really gave her good genes, aren't we?” Myungsoo said. Sungjong laughed and hit Myungsoo’s arm playfully. “Ohh yes, we are. Yes, we are,” Sungjong sounded proud. Then, the three of them just laughed.

“This.. this isn’t real, right, Myung?” Sungjong’s expression changed to a bit dark. He frowned. Myungsoo reached out his hand and touched Sungjong’s hair, pulled it back the ear. “Unfortunately, no.”

Sungjong looked down and sniffed. “So, where are we? What is this place?”

Myungsoo titled Sungjong’s head. “Don’t cry my love.” But that just made Sungjong burst into tears once again. “May- may I stay here? With you? With our daughter?”

“No, no you can’t. This isn’t your place.”

“But if I go back, I have nothing. I-I don’t have you, or-or our daughter. I’m all alone. It will be , Myung. I prefer here,” Sungjong said as he remembered he was about to lose both his husband and the baby he carried.

“You will still have our daughter,” Myungsoo smiled.

“So.. so, I won’t lose her?” Myungsoo shook his head, and answered, “No. She’s safe.” Sungjong smiled hearing that. “You, how about you. Myung?”

“Sungjong, our time is up. We have to leave, so do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter