Chapter 5

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo’s company was having an annual dinner that night and Myungsoo needed to wear something more formal. Sungjong knew and wanted to help. He followed Myungsoo came into his room after the editor finished his shower. When Myungsoo was about to open his wardrobe, Sungjong blocked him. With a sweet smile and calm expression of his, Sungjong asked, “You’ll have dinner tonight, right? Want me to help?”

Myungsoo just stood still as he eyed Sungjong was picking up a shirt for him.

“This one. You love black, right? I’ll help you to iron it, okay?”

“Yahh,” Myungsoo stopped Sungjong and grabbed the shirt. “I’m about to throw this shirt,” he threw it on Sungjong’s face. Myungsoo took a yellow shirt instead and getting ready by himself. 

Sungjong’s heart felt like being ripping apart, broken into pieces. Am I wrong?

“Cool Sungjong, cool. You can do this. Tears won’t help after all. Smile!” Sungjong encouraged himself up.

Both of them were about to go out; Myungsoo for the dinner and Sungjong for work. “Myung, don’t forget your keys,” Sungjong handed the keys that Myungsoo left on the table. Myungsoo took it. “Thanks, you too. I might be back late tonight.”

“No worries, I’ve got mine,” he showed his. Myungsoo was too busy wearing his shoes. “Take care, Myung,” Sungjong waved cutely, yet Myungsoo just drove the car without bother to respond to his spouse. Sungjong pouted. Disappointed.

Secretly Myungsoo checked on Sungjong using the side mirror.

 

There was nothing much change on their marriage. Myungsoo kept being cold; as cold as iceberg and Sungjong was keeping on trying. For Sungjong, he deserved to be happy, he and Myungsoo deserved to be happy. They just got married; they have so many things to do together. He knew this was not the end. Sungjong kept the faith, and the faith helped him to be stronger although he was not that mighty.

 

Being random Sungjong was, he approached his working husband in the living room one night.

“Myungsoo.”

“What do you want?” he said coldly.

“Myungsoo, hm, you know about it, right? Hm, that thing.” Myungsoo stopped and gave a questioned look to Sungjong. “Th-that thing, you know,” Sungjong shuttered.

“What would I know if you don’t say anything? I’m not some sort of wizard or something,” Myungsoo focused on his work again.

“Yo-you know, it has been awhile since you tou-touch me. If you worried about my health, I tell you, I’m completely fine now.”

Myungsoo laughed while his eyes still on the paper. “Are you or what?”

Sungjong’s face was all red. “I-I was just asking. If you want, I’m just telling you that I can do my responsibility as your wife,” Sungjong hanged his head low, trying to hide his face.

“If you really want to have and that desperate- just find your boyfriend then. You have boyfriend, isn’t it? Why don’t you make out with him?” Myungsoo insulted.

“Myungsoo!”

“What? I am right, right? Why you bother asking me when you can get if from your boyfriend?”

“I-I--” Sungjong went to his room and locked himself in. Myungsoo could hear Sungjong was crying. He continued with his work like nothing happened.

 

“Yeol hyung!” Sungjong was really glad to see his long lost best friend back. Lee Sungyeol was his senior during his high school. People were always mistaken Sungjong and Sungyeol as brothers; Sungyeol as the hyung and Sungjong as dongsaeng because having the same family name and their initial name were started with ‘Sung’. Plus, Sungyeol always been taller and tougher than Sungjong and he also always had been protecting Sungjong from any harm. They separated when Sungyeol moved, following his family.

“Sungjongie!” They were hugging. “What are you doing here?” Sungyeol asked. “I’m working here hyung, and you?”

“I was just walked in to check out for my reading material and I never thought to meet you here.”

“Small world, huh?”

“Indeed!” Sungyeol took a look of Sungjong and noticed Sungjong was wearing a wedding ring. “So, you have married, Sungjongie? Why you didn’t invite me? You forgot your hyung once you found your sweetheart, huh?”

“Hey, you can’t blame me, hyung. How I’m supposed to invite you when I don’t even have your number or address.”

“Oh, right right. This is my card,” Sungyeol handed out the card for Sungjong and the guy infront of him gladly received it. “Eo? Hyung, our places are so close! Yours at Street17 while mine at Street20. Why we never meet before? I wonder,” Sungjong gave a light punch. “Really? Oh, I wonder that, too. Maybe we were too busy, so we never had a chance to bump to each other.”

“Hm, could be. So, who are you now? I mean, what are you doing for living?” Sungjong chuckled. “I’m part-time working as a barista.”

“Where is that?”

“Coffee Cojjee.”

“Ahh, I know that place. It’s at the same building as The Red Carpet, the famous saloon.” Sungjong smiled. “Yeah!” Sungyeol ruffled Sungjong’s hair. “Gonna ask Myung to come wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter