Chapter 11

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That night, Sunggyu went to Han River to meet up with Woohyun after he received a text from that guy. When Sunggyu got out from his car, he saw Woohyun was already there; the latter sat on the stairs alone. As he walked closer, he noticed Woohyun was sobbing.

“Hey,” Sunggyu said while took a seat next to Woohyun. “Hi,” Woohyun’s voice heard a bit shaky. 

“Hey, what’s up, Woohyun? Why are you crying?” asked Sunggyu full with concern. Woohyun cleared his throat. “You-you remember the little girl named Bora when we visited the hospital together before?”

“Bora? Yes, yes; the sweet, nice little girl who asked you to sing her a song. Why? What’s wrong with her?”

“She-she’s gone,” Woohyun buried his face in his hands and cried. “Oh dear,” Sunggyu was hesitated to do anything at first but hearing the sobbing from Woohyun made he slowly hugged Woohyun by side, tightly. The older guy patted the cry one, hoping he will get better.

“I love her so much. She’s always been my favourite since the first day I met her,” Woohyun said once he felt calmer. "I’m sorry to ask this but how she died? I-I mean the cause,” Sunggyu asked carefully. “She-she had abdominal aortic aneurism.”

“I’m sorry but what- tell me what that means?”

“It was a heart condition. It could rapture anytime, even when she’s sleeping or just sit on couch watching movie with her siblings or while singing with me. She had to live with it and her situation was bad.” Sunggyu sighed heavily. Indeed, each person has their own test and part and their own story. Doesn’t matter you are young or old, boy or girl; if it chose you, you cannot run but to face it.

“I miss her already,” Woohyun’s voiced cracked. “I know how you’re feeling right now Woohyun. I lost my precious people too and I miss them crazily, each day.” Woohyun looked at Sunggyu.

“I lost my mom. I even don’t know who she is. I just could meet her in a picture. I have no memories with her. She left me when I was born. Actually, she cannot have me but she insist to do so and she has to pay with her dear life, just to bring me in this world,” Sunggyu swallowed.  “When I was 9, I lost my dad. I live with my aunty and her family.” Sunggyu gave a small smile but his eyes told a different story.

Woohyun could tell Sunggyu was sad, maybe more than him. He lost Bora but the girl wasn’t connected by blood with him even he loved her so much. Yet, Sunggyu lost his parents.

Woohyun's eyes met Sunggyu's and they stared at each other for a minute before slowly Woohyun began leaning in. Sunggyu's breath hitched as he felt Woohyun's breath on his lips, drawing nearer to his own with each passing second. His eyes fluttered shut as Woohyun kissed him, slow and gentle. Sunggyu's heart was beating wildly in his chest and he'd never felt something so good in a while. Woohyun also found it hard to comprehend– just a simple, innocent kiss was blowing his mind. He pressed into it a little before pulling away, his eyes still closed.

Sunggyu opened his eyes first, his breathing shallow. Woohyun's eyes slowly opened and Sunggyu offered him a small smile. Woohyun smiled awkwardly in response and they sat there for a minute.

“So, have you taken your dinner?” Sunggyu stood. “Let’s grab some,” he offered his hand to Woohyun, which Woohyun gladly took it and stood with the help from Sunggyu.

“Good idea. I’m kinda starving,” Woohyun laughed a little. His heart was healed. “Hop in my car. I’m treating you tonight. Should we have pizza?” Sunggyu asked. “I would love too.”

“We’ll come back here and take your car.” Both guys walked side by side headed to Sunggyu’s car and Sunggyu slowly intertwined two of his fingers with Woohyun’s. They both blushed hard.

 

That weekend, the trio; Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Woohyun were planning to hang out together– playing bowling, watching movie, maybe some karaoke and fill their tummies with delicious street foods. It was all set and the guys were excited, and Woohyun said he was bringing someone with him to join them together. Sungyeol and Dongwoo smiled lopsided and teasing Woohyun either he was seeing someone at the moment. Woohyun smiled sheepishly and said they were still new and to tell the truth he didn’t have any idea about it too but he had this feeling.

The boys were already in front of the cinema, waiting for Woohyun’s friend. Sungyeol’s iced Americano almost dropped from his hand when he saw Sunggyu was the friend who Woohyun talked about.

“Hey,” Sunggyu greeted. “Hi.” Woohyun’s eyes were sparkling. Dongwoo gave a very warm welcome smile to the brunette.

Sungyeol’s eyes met Sunggyu’s and it was an intense stare. “You,” Sungyeol said whispery. Of course it was hard for him to believe. Amongst all the people in this world, why it would be Sunggyu? Why the same Kim Sunggyu?

Woohyun looked at the two. “You guys.. know each other?”

“Sungyeol here was someone I knew from school,” Sunggyu answered for Woohyun. “Woohyun and Dongwoo, could you both get us popcorns?”

Dongwoo knew what it was meant and he dragged Woohyun away to give Sungyeol and Sunggyu so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter