Chapter 1

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good morning, umma!” Myungsoo chirped.  He took his seat next to his father. “Good morning appa!” as he gave his million dollar smile. “What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not?” the doctor teased his second son. “Eh?” Myungsoo seemed a bit lost. “Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?”

“Err, all of them at once, I-I supposed,” Myungsoo answered his father. “Well good morning to you too, Myungsoo.”

“Appa, it’s L, L, L not Myungsoo. Ok? It’s L.”

“Myungsoo.” And that young chief editor just groaned in frustrated. He took a bite of his toast. “You are early today, L,” Mama Kim spoke. “I have meeting this morning and still have some more papers to work on.”

“I see. By the way, do you have time for dinner tonight?”

“Why? Have something special?”

“I’m inviting my friend and his family to have dinner together, and I really hope that you can join us Myungsoo,” said Papa Kim. “Another candidate for me, huh?”

“L, you are 28 now, and you are at the suitable age to get married. Don’t you think so?” Mama Kim answered. “I’m just not ready yet, umma. Plus, I just got promoted 6 months ago, my works are piling up. I barely made time for my own self though, how can I get married and take care of my wife?”

“There there, excuses.”

“Appa, I’m telling the truth here,” Myungsoo let out an awkward laugh. “See him first, L. Who knows you will like him, just the way we do,” Mama Kim said while gave her ensure smile. “We’ll see umma,” Myungsoo replied the smile. “Or you already have someone special?” his appa teased again. Myungsoo blushed and looked down at his plate, took another bite of his breakfast. “You have a lover, Myungsoo?”

“Err, he is not my lover appa, yet I li--like him, I-I guess.”

“So, how about tonight’s dinner?”

“I’ll try my best to finish my works and get back on time, umma.”

“Ahh, it’s great to hear that,” Mama Kim ruffled his son’s hair as that guy still a middle scholar. “But appa, if I said ‘no’ to your friend’s son, I hope this will be the last. I’ll find my wife by my own, okay?”

“Hm, deal!” The father gave his words. Myungsoo sighed in relieved yet the umma added, “If that so, I bet I won’t be able to see my grandchild.”

“Umma, I told you not to say that again right?”

“But it’s true L, I’m getting older and I really wish to meet your child soon.”  Myungsoo got up and took his bag. He tapped his umma’s shoulder, “You're gonna live for 100 years more umma, don’t worry much. You even can meet my grandchild!” He kissed her cheek. “I’m going now! Annyeong!” He waved.

“Take care!” His parents shouted back.

 

Myungsoo had a car, yet he preferred public transport for going to and backing from work. With that he could avoid traffic jam, furthermore between his workplace and his house, was not that far and train was his choice.

He took his seat and looked at that spot. There was someone else, not the one he wished for. He sighed and checking his watch. He promised to have dinner at home tonight, thus he off earlier than usual. He put his right hand on his chest.

What is this? This feeling.. am I missing him?

He sighed again. Myungsoo smiled a little as he remembered the person’s sweet smile and his big doe eyes.

He’s so beautiful.

What I’m going to do? I don’t even have his number. I don’t know where he lives, too. I know he is still a student yet I don’t know his course also and which college! All I know is his name.  Sungjong, Lee Sungjong, 21 years old Lee Sungjong. Failed, failed, I’m so much failed!

Myungsoo was having mental breakdown.

 

Myungsoo and Sungjong met 3 months ago. Maybe earlier than that, but we could say they became friends 3 months ago. Yeah, friends that know the name and age, only.

Sungjong loved to sit at the same exact spot on the train and he was aware that there was a creepy guy that loved to stare at him but he tried his best to ignore the weirdo. Myungsoo was always like that; he just likes what he likes, he just loves what he loves. And he realized he likes Sungjong a little much that he couldn’t take his eyes off from the latter.  

One night, Sungjong was in rush and almost missed the train. Still hiccupping, he took his seat and sighed in relieved. He noticed Myungsoo was staring at him. He groaned in annoyance. But that night, there was more. Myungsoo was not only staring, he was walking towards Sungjong and sat next to him. Sungjong startled.

“Hm…” Myungsoo tried to speak but Sungjong cut him off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter