Chapter 3

A Thin Line between Hate and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Sungjong! Sungjong-ah! Sungjongie!”

Sungjong stopped from chopping the carrot when he heard his husband was calling for him. He ran and searched for Myungsoo but Myungsoo was nowhere to be found; not in the living room nor the bedroom.

“Kim Sungjong!” Myungsoo shouted again.

“Myung, where are you at?”

“I’m at the backyard! Hurry come here!”

Sungjong felt uneasy. He was afraid if Myungsoo hurt himself or something.  As Sungjong reached the backyard, he found Myungsoo was sitting on the ground. He rushed towards his husband.

“Myungie! Myung, what’s wrong? Are you hurt? What happened?” Sungjong was checking on Myungsoo, he was dead worried! 

Myungsoo started to laugh. “Myung, did you hit your head to somewhere or something?” Sungjong’s hand was running on Myungsoo’s head. Myungsoo took the hand and the other hand, kissed the palms lovingly. “I’m all right, sweetheart. I just missed you. I wanna see you. I’m afraid if you would forget me when I’m not on your side.”

“Pabo!” Sungjong pushed Myungsoo’s head lightly. They laughed together.

“Here,” Myungsoo handed white lilies to Sungjong. “I love you, Sungjong.”

The latter took the flowers gladly, “Thanks so much, Myung. I love you too-wait! Are these my lilies? The lilies I planted?” Sungjong looked at his little garden. It was not that big and not having that much plant, but he really loved and took a great care of them. “Kim Myungsoo!” he hit his husband. “You made me damn worried and now you plucked my flowers! You are so dead! Yah! Where are you going?! Come here you! Do not think you’ll escape this time! Kim Myungsoo!” The episode prey and predator began, again.

Always happened that way; then they kissed and made up. Oh, the end also was always that way.

But not this time. Those were just their memories. Sungjong couldn’t help it but to recall those beautiful moments between him and Myungsoo when he looked at the backyard. He cried really hard. Everything was so different now. There was no smile, no laugh, only tears.

Ever since Sungjong discharged from hospital, he could felt everything was completely different. Myungsoo was so cold towards him - never before Myungsoo acted that way.  They barely seen each other, barely talked to each other; mostly only yes and no, and even there was no shared bed room anymore. Sungjong would sleep in the master bedroom and Myungsoo took the guest room. Whenever Sungjong gave Myungsoo a call, Myungsoo would made such excuses like he was busy, he was on a meeting, he had guests, he couldn’t hear Sungjong clearly and more. Anything that Sungjong cooked for his husband also didn’t touch by him. Myungsoo wasn’t bothered anything about Sungjong.

Sungjong didn’t have any idea how that could happen. As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter