07. Winks

Life with Kim Jaejoong

Fact #7 Jaejoong doesn't know how to wink.


 
   Jaejoong walked out of his room after a peaceful sleep to find utter silence in the hallways and the living room. Curious, he began to search every room. None of them were in there. He turned to the only room left to check, Miyoung’s.
   Slowly, he knocked on the door and heard a “Come in”. He opened the door and was surprised to see all of DBSK in there. Yoochun, Junsu and Yunho were sprawled out on the floor while Changmin and his sister were seated on the bed. The two were facing each other, as if they had previously been talking or something.
   “Oh, hey, hyung” greeted Changmin.
   “What are you all doing in here?” he asked instead.
   Yunho explained, “We got bored so we ended up in Miyoung’s room, playing games to pass the time”
   “Oh, well what are you playing now?” Jaejoong asked curiously, stepping into her room as well.
   “We’re checking who has the best aegyo wink. Wanna try?” asked Miyoung.
   “Uh, no thanks, I can’t wink” he confessed.
   “What do you mean you can’t wink? Try it” urged Miyoung.
   “I don’t think that’s…”
   Jaejoong was interrupted as all the other members tried to persuade him as well. Finally giving up, Jaejoong sighed. He hesitated for a second before quickly ‘winking’.
   Miyoung tried to stifle her giggle at Jaejoong’s wink. It looked like a deformed twitch. Jaejoong sighed again.
   “See? Told you I can’t wink” he said, glaring at the four boys attempting to stifle their laughs.
   “I-It’s ok. Just needs a bit more practice” assured Miyoung. “Here, I’ll teach you” she offered, pushing her brother off the bed and patting the spot next to her.
   Jaejoong reluctantly took a seat. He didn’t want to embarrass himself more than he already had but is seemed he had no choice.
   “Okay, now close both your eyes then squint one eye and slowly open the other one…” she instructed.
   Jaejoong did as told. It worked, for about five seconds before his other eye opened as well. Miyoung pouted at her failure then placed her finger over one of his lids, holding it open and in place.
   “Ok, now try closing your eyes”.
   Jaejoong closed his eyes but the one with Miyoung’s hand on it, remained open. Miyoung slowly let go and the eye lid stayed up a bit longer this time before going down.
   Miyoung clapped her hands in glee. “See? You’re improving! Keep practicing and you’ll be a wink-expert in no time!”
   Jaejoong blinked. “Ok” he whispered, hesitantly.
   Miyoung, as if to assert her point, winked at him then chased everyone out of her room since it was late and she wanted to have a nap.
 
 
   It was almost a week after and Miyoung was seated on the couch, watching a Korean drama. Jaejoong suddenly plopped onto the seat next to her.
   “Oppa!” Miyoung breathed. “You scared me”
   Jaejoong grinned. “Sorry. But it was too good an oppurtunity to miss.” he winked.
   Miyoung went rigid for a second, then rubbed her eyes a bit to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating.
   Jaejoong chuckled at Miyoung’s baffled expression. ‘So cute…’
   “Oppa! You just winked!” Miyoung exclaimed in happiness.
   “Yes I did” Jaejoong replied proudly.
   “Do it again! Do it again!”
   Jaejoong laughed but complied and winked again.
   Miyoung jumped excitedly before finally calming down. “See how good a teacher I am? You owe me, oppa!”
   “Ok, how about I repay you by teaching you how to kiss?” Jaejoong teased.
   Miyoung turned bright red. “O-oppa…” she stuttered.
   Jaejoong winked yet again then walked out of the living room.
   Miyoung’s blush slowly faded. "Wait, are you implying I don't know how to kiss?!" Miyoung cried out indignantly but there was no reply.
   ‘Damn, I never should’ve taught him how to wink’ she scowled.

I thought this chapter was kinda...meh but anyway, here is chapter 7! XD I deided to update in honor of my ultimate bias' birthday, Happy Birthday Shim Changmin!!!

P.S Comment people! I need to know what you think of the chapters so please don't be the silent types T.T