04. Rain

Life with Kim Jaejoong

 

 

Fact #4 Jaejoong likes to sleep when it rains.


 

   Jaejoong honked the car horn impatiently at the cars in front of him. If there was one thing he hated, it was Seoul City traffic. He glanced up at the sky. It was steadily becoming cloudy and dark indicating that it’d start raining in a few minutes. Jaejoong wanted to be at home, snuggled up in his blankets when that happened.
   He honked his horn again. A sigh sounded next to him from the person in the passenger seat. Jaejoong turned his brown eyes onto Shim Miyoung. She was the reason he was out in the first place. Miyoung had stayed back at her university to get some assignment done and needed a ride back home. Coincidently, Jaejoong was the only one without a schedule so he had to go get her.
   He mirrored Miyoung’s sigh as the cars didn’t even move an inch. When he was about to honk the horn one more time, Miyoung placed her hand over his. Startled, he looked at her with surprise in his eyes.
She shook her head and muttered, “It’s not like they’ll move just because you honked. If anything, you’ll end up turning me deaf”
   “Then what do you propose we do? I want to be home before it rains” replied Jaejoong, annoyed.
   “Why? It’d be nice if it rained” commented Miyoung lightly.
   “Oh yes, it’d be amazing if it rained and I was wrapped up in my blankets at the dorm” he said, wistfully.
   “That’s it? All you want to do when it rains is sleep? You don’t want to get wet in the rain or drink hot chocolate while watching the rain fall?” questioned Miyoung sounding incredulous.
   “Why would I want to get wet in the rain? I’ll just end up sick anyway” was Jaejoong’s immediate reply.
   “Whoa. You’re missing out on a lot then” mumbled Miyoung.
   “How would you know? Have you ever tried sleeping in when it rains?”
   “I could ask you the same!” snapped Miyoung. “Since we’re going to be stuck in this traffic for another few hours anyway, let’s park your car here and walk to the dorm. It’s not that far and if it begins raining on the way, I’ll show you how fun it is”
   “No way” refused Jaejoong but yelped when Miyoung pinched him hard. “Ok, ok, sheesh. No need to hurt me” he muttered, giving in.
   Miyoung smiled in satisfaction as Jaejoong carefully pulled out of the traffic and parked his car towards the side. She opened the door and skipped out, waiting for Jaejoong.
   The two began walking home in silence. It wasn’t awkward or anything, just a peaceful kind of silence. Both of them kept glancing at the sky every so often, for different reasons though. Jaejoong, because he was worried it might actually rain before they reach the dorm and Miyoung because she was actually waiting for the rain so that she could prove to Jaejoong that there were better thing to do on a rainy day than sleep.
   “We’re almost there. Just a couple more blocks” whispered Jaejoong happily. He pulled his cap on tighter and his scarf closer to keep out the cold that came with the weather.
   Miyoung frowned in disappointment. It seemed as if they wouldn’t get to experience the rain after all. She looked at the road beneath her and kicked at a couple stray stones. When she looked back up, she felt something fall lightly on her cheek. She swiped at it with her fingers.
   Water. She realized that her wish had come true. It was starting to rain. The few droplets quickly turned into full-blown out rainfall. Miyoung laughed joyously while Jaejoong tried to cover himself and run to the nearest building.
   “Oppa! Come on, you gotta stay out here and experience the rain. Don’t just run away” she whined grabbing his arm and tugging him out into the open.
   Jaejoong frowned in discomfort. He could already feel his jacket becoming wet and was beginning to feel really cold. “Come on, Miyoung. Let’s just go before we get sick” he tried to convince her.
   “We won’t get sick. Will you just stop worrying and have fun?” replied Miyoung.
   “How am I supposed to have fun when I am soaking wet?”
   Miyoung spread her arms and welcomed the rain falling onto her skin. She could feel all her stress and worry fading away as the rain washed over her. She spun around joyfully, laughing in happiness.
   A soft smile appeared on Jaejoong’s face as he watched her laugh. ‘At least she’s having fun…’ he thought.
   Miyoung held her hands out, cupping them together to collect some of the rain water. While Jaejoong was distracted looking up at the sky, she splashed the water onto him. Shocked, he sputtered and gasped then glared at her once he realized what she’d done.
   Miyoung giggled happily. Jaejoong held out his hand and cupped some of the water into it before splashing her back. Miyoung laughed yet again. Soon, without either of them realizing it, they were running through the now empty streets, splashing each other and having a lot of fun. They didn’t even realize that it’d been a little over half an hour since they’d been out there in the rain.
   Miyoung’s cell phone rang her familiar ring tone of ‘Mirotic’ and she quickly fished it out of her pocket and answered it.
   “Yoboseyo? Ah, Changmin-oppa. Um, yea Jaejoong’s with me. We’ll be there soon. Ok, ok. See you later. Bye” she ended the call.
   “What happened?” Jaejoong panted next to her, swiping some of his bangs out of his eyes.
   “That was Changmin-oppa. He wants us back home immediately” replied Miyoung.
Jaejoong nodded. “Guess we’ve been out quite long huh?” he grinned.
   “Yeah… Now, what do you think about rain?” asked Miyoung, grinning as they walked towards their dorm.
   “Sleeping in bed is the best” Jaejoong cheekily replied.
   “Yah!” Miyoung smacked his arm.
   “I’m just kidding!” laughed Jaejoong and Miyoung joined in on the laughter.
   “See? So you did have fun and I don’t think we’ll fall sick either!” said Miyoung.
 
 
   It was a week after and Yunho knocked on the door adjacent to his room; Jaejoong’s room. Yunho was carrying a tray with two steaming bowls of soup.
   Inside the room, lying on the bed were two figures, cuddling together for warmth despite the three layers of blankets over them.
   “Here, I brought you some soup” Yunho set the tray down and walked away.
   Jaejoong looked at Miyoung with a weak glare. “Won’t fall sick, my foot.”

I'm not happy :( Not many of you guys comment (heck, Jun_KOI_Mi and charlene009 are the only ones who commented) Please, please do comment guys, it encourages me and tells me that you guys actucally like my story.