03. Rock, Paper, Scissors?!

Life with Kim Jaejoong

 

 
 
Fact #3: Jaejoong calls himself an expert at rock, paper, scissors.

 

   DBSK had finished one of their concerts a few hours ago and were now on their way to a restaurant to have dinner. Miyoung who had tagged along since she didn’t want to be bored at home alone, was seated next to her brother with Jaejoong in front of her. All the members except her brother and Jaejoong looked exhausted and ready to pass out any second.
   “Who’s paying?” asked Miyoung, curiously since it seemed that Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun wouldn’t make it through dinner; they were already nodding off.
   “Jaejoong hyung is” Changmin answered, almost immediately.
   “What? I never agreed to that!” argued Jaejoong.
   “But hyung, you’re the oldest so you should pay” replied Changmin.
   “That’s no excuse! You never pay Changmin so I think you should pay this time” said Jaejoong.
   “What, hyung? No way~” whined the maknae.
   Miyoung giggled.
   “What?” the two asked in unison.
   “It’s just funny that K-Pop idols who earn millions are arguing over who’ll pay for dinner” she explained.
   “Yah, we’re not that rich! Why don’t you pay instead?!” replied Jaejoong.
   “Hey! You can’t make a girl pay. Besides I don’t even have a source of income. Why do you think I live in your dorm?” replied Miyoung.
   “Feeling the love, sis” Changmin added, sarcastically.
   “Ok, how about this: we play rock, paper, scissors and the loser pays for dinner” said Miyoung.
   Changmin groaned, “Not rock, paper, scissors”
   “Why not?” asked Jaejoong, annoyed.
   “Because you always win, hyung!” he complained.
   “Well, I am an expert at it…” Jaejoong boasted.
   “Oh, really? Well, I’m not that bad at it myself” said Miyoung.
   “I bet I can beat you, no problem” challenged Jaejoong.
   “You’re on,” Miyoung smirked. “Loser buys Changmin’s share of the food” she added.
   ‘But he eats like a pig…’ Jaejoong thought, worried his wallet might run empty today. ‘Wait, why am I worried. I’m the best at rock, paper, scissors. No way will Miyoung beat me’
   Jaejoong and Miyoung shook hands and sealed the deal.
   Changmin who was the referee, counted, “3… 2… 1… Kai Bai Bo!”
   Jaejoong and Miyoung threw their lots.
   Miyoung put out two fingers, signaling a pair of scissors while Jaejoong put out a fist: a rock.
   “Ha!” he cried triumphantly.
   “What? No fair, 2 outta 3” said Miyoung.
   “Sure but this time the loser’s gotta buy dinner for all” said Jaejoong.
   “Fine” replied Miyoung.
   Again, the two threw their hands in. Miyoung’s a paper and Jaejoong’s a pair of scissors.
   Miyoung scowled. “Again”
   “You might as well give up. You won’t win anyway” teased Jaejoong.
   “We’ll see. The loser this time has to do everything the winner says for the next two weeks” said Miyoung.
   Jaejoong just smirked in agreement.
   “3… 2… 1… Kai Bai Bo”
   It was a surprise to both Changmin and Jaejoong when Miyoung threw out a rock in reply to Jaejoong’s scissors.
   “W-what? How…?” stammered Jaejoong.
   “It’s all about luck, hyung” consoled Changmin.
   “Oh, did I forget to mention that I was awarded ‘Champion in Rock, Paper, Scissors’ for three straight years in high school?” grinned Miyoung. “As my first command, I want you to pay for dinner Jaejoong”
   The van came to a stop before the restaurant and Miyoung opened the door and slid out.
   “Have fun paying” she winked and walked away.
   “Hyung, I’m hungry. Better not make me wait” teased Changmin.
   “Aish!” Jaejoong whacked the back of the maknae’s head.
 

Thank you for commenting and subscribing ^_^ I managed to get onto the computer today (even though it's a school night/day) XD I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter; please comment and tell me what you think :)