01. Cockroaches

Life with Kim Jaejoong

Fact #1: Jaejoong is afraid of cockroaches.

 

 


 

   Shim Miyoung was the sister of the one and only Shim Changmin, maknae and vocalist of DBSK, one of the most popular bands in Korea. Miyoung had started living with DBSK at their dorm since she moved back from the States. It was nearly a month ago and now the members were like her family.
   That particular day, Miyoung, just back from university was going through the mails when she heard a scream. Surprisingly enough, it sounded a lot like Jaejoong and it was coming from his room as well. The DBSK members had the day off and were still probably sleeping. Startled, Miyoung raced to his room, opening the door slowly.
   There Jaejoong was, standing on top of his bed dressed in only a wife-beater and a pair of black boxers. He was clutching his blanket tight while looking at something on the floor intently. Miyoung thought she saw fear in his eyes the moment his gaze flickered to hers but dismissed the thought.
   She walked further into his room, raising an eyebrow at his peculiar behavior. Jaejoong, as long as she’d known him, wasn’t one to be afraid. He was the confident one that loved to tease and pick on others. He was the one who was more like the leader; bossy and arrogant. It was quite an amusing sight to see such a man on his bed, trembling from whatever he’d seen.
   Miyoung’s amusement only rose to greater levels when she spotted what exactly had Jaejoong so nervous. She had to place a hand over to stifle the laughter that was just waiting to burst. For on the ground, was a common house cockroach. It wasn’t those really huge ones or the ones that could fly either. It was a simple, 2cm long, brown cockroach.
   “Uh, Jaejoong-oppa. Are you ok?” she managed to ask once her laughter died down.
   Jaejoong didn’t reply, instead he pointed a shaky finger at the insect on the floor. The cockroach didn’t even move.
   Miyoung went into a giggling fit all over again when she saw Jaejoong’s expression. She scooped up a piece of paper from Jaejoong’s desk and walked over to where the cockroach was.
   She bent down and coaxed the insect into climbing onto the paper. Standing back up with the paper in her hand, she grinned at Jaejoong. Miyoung didn’t want to let such an opportunity go so she walked toward Jaejoong and his bed, pretending to drop the cockroach onto it. Every time she came within 10 inches of Jaejoong, he’d back away on the bed.
Miyoung burst into laughter as Jaejoong jumped toward the bed’s edge.
   “I can’t believe THE Kim Jaejoong is afraid of a puny cockroach” she teased.
   “Yah! I’m not afraid of it. I was just, startled. Yea, I was startled” Jaejoong argued, trying to win back some of his wounded pride.
   Miyoung didn’t buy his act for a minute. Instead as if to prove herself right, she shoved the paper a bit closer to him, waiting for him to flinch and jump again. Unfortunately, what happened was just that.
   Jaejoong flinched when the paper came close to him and jumped back in fear, forgetting the fact that he was already as far on his bed as he could be. Inevitably, he tumbled off and landed hard on the ground.
   Miyoung gasped. Quickly she let the cockroach crawl out of the house through the nearest window then rushed back to Jaejoong’s side. He was still on the floor, but had sat up now. He groaned ever time he touched his head and seemed to be in real pain.
   “Oppa, are you ok? Come on,” said Miyoung, helping Jaejoong to the bed. “I’ll be right back,” she assured and rushed to the kitchen cabinet. After rummaging for a while she found the first aid kit.
   She carefully bandaged his wound: a shallow gash across his forehead from when he’d cut it against the bed post.
   “Here oppa, have this.” She handed him some painkillers and a glass of water which Jaejoong thankfully accepted.
   “I’m sorry,” Miyoung mumbled, guilty that it was her fault that Jaejoong tumbled off the bed. “I shouldn’t have tried to scare you like that. This is all my fault,” she frowned.
   Jaejoong managed a smile. “It’s ok. It was an accident. No need to feel guilty, it wasn’t your fault” he assured sincerely.     “But if you tell any of the other guys about this incident, I’ll claim you hit me on the head” he added, jokingly.
   She laughed and lightly smacked his arm. “Babo…” she muttered with a smile. “Well, I better get going. I have some homework to be completed,” she said and stood up from where she was seated on the bed.
   “Heal well,” she said then surprised both Jaejoong and herself, when she leaned down and kissed his forehead on the wound.
   Quickly standing back up, Miyoung blushed. “Uh, see ya later,” she said and rushed outside.
   Jaejoong blinked in surprise for a moment before a soft smile crossed his lips.
   ‘I think I could get used to cockroaches if it means I’ll get a kiss from Miyoung,’ He grinned.
 

 

And that was the first actual chapter :)

Tell me what you think. I'll be updating the next chapter next week or maybe this weekend. (Depends on how much homework I get...) Until then please subscribe and support me :)