12. Family

Life with Kim Jaejoong

Fact #12 Jaejoong's family consists of his parents, his eight older sisters and his dog, Vick.

Warning: LONG chapter ahead!


 

   “Hyung! Miyoung! Would you two hurry up?” whined Changmin from outside their room.
   It had been nearly two years since Jaejoong and Miyoung had begun dating. This weekend, the two were going to their houses to meet each others’ families. Changmin had wanted to come along so they’d agreed.
   At the moment though, instead of being in a car on the way to the Shim household, Miyoung and Jaejoong were in their room while Changmin was yelling at them to hurry up.
   Jaejoong looked at himself in the mirror. Brown hair, neatly combed. A pair of black jeans, ironed and a button down silk black shirt. He looked really good, but didn’t feel half as much. It was the first time he was meeting Miyoung’s parents as her official boyfriend and he wanted to make a good impression. He ran a comb through his hair once again.
   “Oppa, you’ve done that 13 times already” Miyoung pointed out from where she was sitting on his bed. She had been waiting for Jaejoong to be done for over fifteen minutes now. “Relax oppa, my family’s not going to kill you, you know”
   Jaejoong sighed. He walked up to her and sat beside her. “I know but I’m nervous, you know? What if they don’t like me? What if they don’t want you to date me?” he spilled out his fears.
   Miyoung placed her hands firmly on his cheeks and turned his face to hers. “I don’t care. I love you and if they don’t approve of you, it doesn’t matter to me. I’m sure that won’t happen though. You’re a great guy, Jaejoong. My parents really liked you when you came over with Changmin and I’m sure they’ll like you now as well”
   Jaejoong smiled slightly and nodded.
   “Hyung~” Changmin whined again.
   Jaejoong chuckled. “Let’s get going before your brother breaks the door down”
 
 
   The car came to a stop before a moderate sized house. It had a large front yard surrounded by white fence. The three thanked the driver and then walked through the gate. Jaejoong breathed in deeply as he set foot on the grass.
Changmin excitedly walked to the entrance. He rang the doorbell twice then called out, “Umma, Appa, Mangdoongee. I’m back!”
   Miyoung rolled her eyes. She looked at Jaejoong and smiled reassuringly then grabbed his hand in hers and walked to the front door.
   After a few seconds’ wait, the front door opened to reveal Changmin and Miyoung’s mother. She smiled happily at her two children. “Changmin-ah, Miyoung-ah. How nice to see you. Oh, Jaejoong-shii, annyeong” she greeted.
   “Annyeong” Jaejoong bowed while the two siblings kissed their mother’s cheeks.
   “Come in, come in” she ushered.
   The three took off their shoes and walked into the house. The interior wasn’t very grand but had a comfy feel to it. Miyoung’s father was sitting on a lounge chair, reading the newspaper while sipping a cup of coffee.
   He looked up and smiled at them. “Oh, Changmin-ah, Miyoung-ah. You didn’t tell us you were coming. Hello again, Jaejoong-shii”
   “Hello sir” he replied.
   Miyoung’s mother laughed. “Oh, don’t be so formal. Call us umma and appa”
   Jaejoong nodded. “Alright. Call me Jaejoong please”
   “Umma, where’s mangdoongee?” Changmin asked excitedly.
   “Oh, I let her out in the backyard for a while. Why don’t you three go there and I’ll bring out some snacks. There’s still time for dinner” said Miyoung’s mother.
   “Alright, thank you, umma” Miyoung replied.
 
 
   The three opened the glass sliding door and walked out to the backyard. It was a nice spacious area with lush grass and a few trees. The whole area was surrounded by high white fences just like the front yard, probably so that the dog wouldn’t escape. A small dog house was in a corner of the yard.
   Changmin called, “Mangdoongee-ah~”
   A white blob popped her head out of the dog house. When she saw the three, she gave a happy bark and started racing to them. Changmin spread his arms wide, waiting for the cute Maltese to jump into them.
   But instead, she ran right past him. With a disappointed pout, Changmin turned around to find his precious dog in his sister’s arms.
   Miyoung smiled and petted Mangdoongee’s soft fur. “Did Mangdoongee-ah miss Miyoung?” she softly said, brushing her fur.
   Jaejoong smiled at the sweet sight. Changmin walked up to them with a pout.
   “Mangdoongee-ah, how could you not greet me first?” he cried.
   The dog just barked at him. Miyoung giggled and Jaejoong chuckled.
   “Mangdoongee-ah, meet Jaejoong. He’s my boyfriend” she held up the white dog to Jaejoong’s face.
   Mangdoongee and Jaejoong blinked at each other. Mangdoongee gave a small bark and attempted to Jaejoong’s face. He laughed as the Maltese jumped into his arms and snuggled into them.
   “She seems to like you” Miyoung smiled.
   Miyoung’s mother came out with a tray of biscuits. “Here you go kids” she said placing it on a small plastic table that was out in the yard. Changmin immediately took a seat and ate one of the biscuits.
   Miyoung looked at Jaejoong and he nodded. Jaejoong let go of Mangdoongee who raced to the table where a small bowl of dog food had been placed for her.
   “Umma, Jaejoong and I have something to tell appa and you” said Miyoung.
   “Oh?” Miyoung’s mother asked, not looking very surprised. “Alright, let’s go in then” she led them in.
 
 
   The four were now seated in the living room. Changmin had been told not to come in until they were done by Miyoung so he’d stayed out with the dog.
   “Appa, Jaejoong and I, we wanted to tell you and umma something” she repeated.
   Miyoung’s father raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”
   “Umm, you see, Jaejoong and I - we -” Miyoung stumbled over her words.
   “What? You didn’t get her pregnant, did you?” Miyoung’s father directed the question at Jaejoong.
   “Appa!” Miyoung shrieked.
   Jaejoong felt his face heat up and a small glance at Miyoung proved that she was just as embarrassed.
   “I was just asking” Miyoung’s father replied.
   “No, no I’m not pregnant” Miyoung said then took a deep breath, “We’re actually dating”
   Miyoung’s father blinked in surprise while Miyoung’s mother just smiled.
   “We’ve been dating for two years now actually. I’m sorry for not telling you guys. But now that our relationship is much more firm, I thought it was time I’d introduce you to each other”
   There was a tense silence. Miyoung’s father looked from Miyoung to Jaejoong then back again. Jaejoong gulped in fear of their rejection.
   “Well, I approve” Miyoung’s mother announced.
   “I agree, I think Jaejoong is a great guy. I couldn’t have chosen a better boyfriend for Miyoung myself.”
   Jaejoong allowed himself a sigh of relief. “Thank you sir. You won’t regret it!” he beamed.
   Miyoung hugged her parents with tears in her eyes. Her parents hugged her then gently put her into Jaejoong’s arms. They looked at each other in the eyes then smiled. Jaejoong softly kissed the top of Miyoung’s head.
   Her parents smiled at them.
   “Can I come in now?” squeaked a voice from outside.
   The four turned to find Changmin, his face pressed up against the glass door. Bursting in laughter, they let him in along with Mangdoongee.
 
 
   “Are you sure you won’t stay for lunch?” asked Miyoung’s umma.
   “No thank you, umma. We have to go to meet Jaejoong’s family too” replied Miyoung.
   They’d decided to let Changmin spend the day at his house while the other two went to Jaejoong’s house. Miyoung’s mother kissed the two on their cheeks and then bid farewell.
   “See you soon Miyoung-ah, future son-in-law”
   This brought another rush of blood to their cheeks but a grin spread across their faces too.
 
 
   The car stopped once again in front of a big house. This time, Miyoung was the one nervous.
   “Jaejoong-oppa, any warnings before entering?” she asked meekly.
   “Yes, beware of Vick, my dog. He’s huge and salivates a lot. Also my sisters might find you too cute to resist and might make you their new doll, so be careful of that as well” he said with a teasing grin.
   “Oppa!” Miyoung pouted. “I’m serious”
   “Sorry. You’ll do great” he whispered and kissed her forehead in reassurance.
   Then he rang the doorbell.
   Many voices rang out from within before the door opened to show four girls. They blinked at Jaejoong and Miyoung before squealing.
   “Jaejoong!” They grabbed him into a bone crushing hug.
   One of the four girls stopped smothering him and looked at Miyoung. “Who’s this?” she asked curiously.
   “Annyeonghaseyo, Shim Miyoung imnida” bowed Miyoung.
   “Let’s talk inside” Jaejoong pushed all of them in.
 
 
   In the living room, Jaejoong’s parents were sitting; his father watching the daily news while his mother fed their dog. Vick really was a Great Pyrenees, his size was enough proof. He raised his head lazily from the ground to see who the new visitors were and then went back to sleeping. Jaejoong’s sisters pushed the two forward and Jaejoong walked out holding Miyoung’s hand.
   “Umma, appa; annyeong” he greeted with a small bow.
   “Jaejoong-ah, annyeong. How have you been? You didn’t tell us you were coming. You brought a friend along as well. Hello, dear, who might you be?” acknowledged Jaejoong’s mother.
   “A-Annyeong, my name is Shim Miyoung. I’m the sister of one of Jaejoong’s band mates : Shim Changmin”
   “Oh, nice to meet you. I’m glad my son’s making such pretty friends” she complimented.
Miyoung blushed. “A-ah, thank you”
   “Well, don’t just stand there, have a seat” said Jaejoong’s father, jollily.
   Once they were all seated, Jaejoong’s sisters introduced themselves.
   “Hi, I’m Mikyung. Nice to meet you Miyoung”
   “Annyeong, Kim Yoosoon imnida”
   “Hey, the name’s Jini”
   “Hello, my name is Sookjin”
   “Call me Minjung. Nice to meet you”
   “Annyeong, I’m Ahyoung”
   “And I’m Suni. One of our sisters, isn’t here right now but maybe you’ll get to meet her next time”
   “Annyeong” Miyoung bowed once again, trying to memorize all the names in her mind.
   Jaejoong chose this moment to reveal their relationship to his family. “Umma, appa, noonas…” All eyes to him.
   “Miyoung, here, is actually my girlfriend. Has been for two years now. Sorry I never told you about her, but now our relationship is official and serious so we decided to meet each others’ parents. I already met hers”
   A familiar silence prevailed; this time broken by Jaejoong’s sister Jini.
   “Jaejoong-ah, how rude of you! Hiding such a big fact from us”
   His other sisters joined in; “Yea, how could you hide such a beauty from us?”
   Two of them grabbed Miyoung, the others pulling her cheeks.
   “She’s so cute!”
   “She’ll make a great girlfriend”
   “Miyoung-ah, you tell us if Jaejoong mistreats you ok?”
   “Yah! Yah, YAH!!! Let go of her! She’s not a toy!” Jaejoong protectively pulled Miyoung onto his lap.
   Vick woke up from his nap due to the noise. He lifted his great frame and walked over to where Miyoung was seated on Jaejoong’s lap.
   “Uh-oh, Sookjin, get that dog away from my sister-in-law” said Suni.
   “Here, Vick. Come here, come here” called Sookjin but Vick didn’t even turn.
   “He’s going to salivate all over their feet if you don’t get them away from that dog!” squeaked Mikyung.
   Jaejoong pulled Miyoung closer to him, trying to pull their legs onto the couch. Miyoung slightly pulled away and raised her hand. Slowly, calmly and confidently, she touched Vick’s head then brushed back some of his fur. Surprisingly, Vick leaned into the touch and started ‘asking’ for more.
   Jaejoong and his family gawked in awe at how Miyoung, a complete stranger to Vick had managed to tame him.
   “Uwah! She’s a magician!” cried Jini.
   Some of the people in the room chuckled at that.
   Jaejoong’s parents who’d been quiet all along, finally spoke.
   “Well, any girl who has Vick’s approval has mine”
   “I agree, Miyoung would make a wonderful wife. She seems to really know how to take care of dogs; and dogs are in a way like children”
   Jaejoong grinned, knowing his parents had approved. Now there was no one in the way of their love.
 
 
   At the end of the day, the two exhausted lovers were back in the DBSK dorm. Changmin had been picked up on the way and was now hanging out with Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu.
   Jaejoong came out from his shower, dressed in a comfy shirt and pair of track pants. Miyoung was snuggled into his pillow, already showered and dressed in her pajamas. 
   Jaejoong jumped onto the bed and wrapped his arms around her.
   She slowly smiled. “I’m glad your parents accepted me”
   “Me too. Now we can be together without anyone to bother us…” Jaejoong leaned in for a kiss.
   “Hyung!!! We’re hungry, make us some dinner!” Changmin banged on the door.
   Jaejoong groaned in frustration.
   “Guess there’ll always be someone to bother us” Miyoung giggled.
 

Hey, I know it's been a really long time since I updated; I've been busy with all my tests and classes and stuff, but I hope the length of this chapter makes up for it ;) This is so far, the longest chapter I have written. I considered splitting it into two halves, one where they meet Miyoung's parents and another where they meet Jaejoong's but I didn't have any facts to base the first part off of so I just let it become one looooong chapter XD

Note: Actually Changmin has two sisters (excluding my OC) but I deided to make him only have one and that's Miyoung. Hehe... It took me a long time to find the names of Jaejoong's sisters and even then I couldn't find all eight names, which is why one of the sisters is conveniently 'out of the house.' And to be honest, I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote the scene with Vick, but now that I read it over... It sounds extremely stupid -_- To make up for the lameness, I'll let you guys squeal over Mangdoongee ^_^

       

 

 

Isn't she totally cute? I'd buy a Maltese if I ever bought a dog... Unfortunately, my mom won't allow anything that doesn't walk on two legs into the house -_-

This is Jaejoong's dog, Vick:

And this, is a comparison of the two dogs in terms of size:

Wow, loads of pictures in this chapter XD None of the pictures belong to me by the way.