13. I do

Life with Kim Jaejoong

Before we begin, a HUGE thanks to Jun_KOI_Mi and hanikairi for commenting <3

Fact #13 Jaejoong wants to marry a fan.


 

   Everything was ready.
   The invitations had been sent, the party hall and church booked, the fans and reporters knew and the security was tight.
   All this had been planned weeks before the actual event. Just to make this one day special.
   For some it was a normal day, something usual without any significance. To others, it was a turning point in their life. A decision made with utmost care. The decision to marry.
   It was Kim Jaejoong and Shim Miyoung’s wedding.
   The day Shim Miyoung officially became Kim Miyoung.
 
 
   “Unnie, do I look ok?” Miyoung asked, looking at herself in the mirror.
   “You look gorgeous Miyoung-ah. I bet Jaejoong’s jaw will drop to the floor when he sees you” said Minjung.
   Four of Jaejoong’s sisters had volunteered to be bride’s maids and a maid of honor had been picked among them. The maid of honor was Mikyung and the three bride’s maids were Suni, Jini and Sookjin.
   “Miyoung-ah, let unnies do your make-up and hair, come here” cooed Sookjin.
   Timidly, Miyoung took a seat and the girls got started.
 
 
   In another room, Jaejoong was pacing up and down.
   “Hyung, stop pacing. You’re making me dizzy” said Junsu.
   Jaejoong’s groomsmen were Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu. Changmin had fought his way in as the best man, claiming that it was his sister he was marrying so he had to be the best man.
   “I’m nervous. What if she doesn’t want to marry me anymore? What if she doesn’t love me anymore? What if we’re not ready?” he kept rambling on.
   Changmin sighed. “Hyung, we’ve been through this before. Miyoung loves you. She wont leave you. She wanted to marry you, remember? You’ve been dating for about three years now, if you aren’t ready yet, I don’t think you’ll ever be”
   Jaejoong ran a hand through his brown hair. “I guess you’re right”
   “I know I am. Now get into your suit. The wedding’s in an hour”
 
 
   Miyoung smiled at her father. “Appa, it’s finally the day” she breathed.
   “I know. My baby girl’s all grown up. I’ll miss little Miyoung” he sobbed.
   “Appa” Miyoung said, tears in her eyes as well.
   “Yah! Don’t you dare cry! It’ll ruin your make-up” scolded Jini.
   Miyoung couldn’t help but giggle at that.
   “That’s better. It’s your wedding, you shouldn’t be shedding the tears. That’s what the audience is for” said Sookjin.
   From within the church hall, ‘Here come’s the Bride’ began playing. Miyoung took a deep breath and took her father’s arm.
‘It’s time.’
 
 
   Inside the hall, Jaejoong stood at the end of the aisle beside the priest, nervously. Changmin patted his back reassuringly from where he stood behind Jaejoong; the rest of the groomsmen standing in a line behind Changmin.
   The wedding march began playing and the doors opened. Out came the flower girl and the ring bearer and behind those two, the bride and her father. Miyoung had her arm wrapped around her father’s arm. She was smiling tearfully.
   Miyoung looked beautiful in the long diamond white gown she was wearing. It was strapless and was form-fitting till her hips and then flared out in smooth pleats.
   Jaejoong thought that he’d never seen a more beautiful girl. His breath hitched as he watched Miyoung stand next to him. She gave him a small smile which he returned.
   The priest began reciting from his book as Jaejoong and Miyoung drowned in the deep pools of each others’ eyes. Finally, the priest asked the much-awaited question.
   “Do you, Kim Jaejoong, take Shim Miyoung as your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love and cherish her, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, for better or for worse?”
   Jaejoong looked back at Miyoung’s face; into her beautiful eyes and felt all his doubts and fears wash away. “I do” he beamed.
   “And do you, Shim Miyoung, take Kim Jaejoong as your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love and cherish him, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, for better or for worse?”
   Miyoung looked at Jaejoong. The moment she’d laid eyes on him, she’d known. She’s known that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. The moment she heard the words ‘I do’ out of Jaejoong’s mouth, she’d felt like she was in heaven.
   So without doubt and with confidence, she said, “I do”
   The priest gave the young couple a kind smile. “I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride”
   Jaejoong wrapped his arms around Miyoung and slowly leaned in for a kiss. When their lips touched, applauses broke out among the crowds. Miyoung was lost in the sweetness of the kiss.
   Junsu and Changmin were crying while all the bridesmaids were hugging each other in happiness. The bride’s and the groom’s parents were laughing tearfully as well. All were overjoyed to see this union of two lovers.
 
 
   “You look beautiful” Jaejoong whispered into Miyoung’s ear.
   The two were dancing, as it was customary for the wedded couple to begin the dance.
   Miyoung smiled at him. “You look really handsome as well”
   The two continued dancing and were soon joined by the others. After a while, Miyoung was tired so they took a seat at one of the tables. The others continued dancing and having fun. Miyoung found the bouquet of orange roses she’d picked herself.
   Jaejoong returned with a glass of water to find Miyoung glancing fondly at the roses. “We haven’t thrown the bouquet yet have we?” he asked.
   Miyoung shook her head. “Most of the bridesmaids are married anyway” she pointed out.
   Jaejoong looked thoughtful for a second then grinned. “Let’s do it, with the guys”
   Miyoung raised an eyebrow and giggled. “Alright” she agreed.
   Jaejoong managed to get the four groomsmen together. They were confused as to why they were standing there together. Miyoung explained their plan and they eventually agreed.
   Miyoung turned around with her back to the four boys. Jaejoong nodded at her and she threw the bouquet backward. Quickly spinning around, she watched as the bouquet landed in Yoochun’s arms.
   He blinked. “What?! I’m going to get married next? Oh, hell no! I don’t want to get married” he whined.
   “Sorry hyung, the flowers chose you” teased Changmin.
   “Aish, come here you little -” and the two were off.
   The others burst into laughter as they watched Yoochun chase Changmin around, trying to hit him with the bouquet.
   Miyoung looked at Jaejoong and the two shared a content grin.
   ‘This is going to be my life from now on…’ Miyoung realized. ‘I can’t wait!’

I imagined Miyoung's wedding dress to be something like Maggie Sottero's Cleo.

Anyway, we're only one chapter away from the end of this series ^_^ Please look forward to the final chapter. By the way, I would really appreciate it if all my subscribers would comment at least once at the end of the story. Thanks and lots of love :)