09. The Han River (Part I)

Life with Kim Jaejoong

Fact #9 Jaejoong wants to walk along the riverside while holding hands with his lover.


 

   It was a warm evening in Seoul. The air was humid and calm. A gentle breeze was blowing and every now and then, some of the clouds in the sky would cover up the setting sun. On such a day, Kim Jaejoong and Shim Miyoung were walking along the side of the famous Han River.
   The river truly was a beautiful sight. Many shops and restaurants were set up on either side of the road running along the river and the blue water sparkled under the sunlight. Surprisingly enough, not many people were there to enjoy this view. Just a couple of old people and a few families were seen. Miyoung plucked at a blade of grass and played with it while Jaejoong threw a pebble into the river.
   “Jaejoong-oppa, why are we here?” Miyoung finally asked.
   It’d been on her mind since that afternoon when Jaejoong had randomly decided that the two of them would go to the Han River. The others had wanted to come too but Jaejoong had insisted it be only the two of them. Things had been a bit awkward between the two since that day Miyoung had barged into his room, drunk.
   Her memory was still fuzzy but she had a feeling she’d done something embarrassing. Since then she’d been reluctant to talk to Jaejoong. Her face would heat up every time she saw him and she avoided talking to him as far as possible.
   “I just felt like relaxing today. So I thought since you’ve never personally seen the Han River, I’d bring you along as well” Jaejoong explained easily.
   That was only half the truth. Jaejoong had wanted to relax and wanted Miyoung to see the Han River as well but he’d really brought her along so that he could confess to her. This time, hopefully, she wouldn’t fall asleep before he’d get to it. Jaejoong’s confidence had increased bit by bit each day and he’d finally decided to make his move today.
   “Miyoung-ah… I - umm, let’s walk along the river, ok?” he stammered.
   His confidence seemed to come crashing down in a matter of minutes. He couldn’t bring himself to do it. Every time he opened his mouth, his throat ran dry and he couldn’t say the words.
   Miyoung nodded and stood up off the patch of grass she’d been sitting on. Dusting her jeans off, she walked up to Jaejoong. The two turned and began walking along the bank of the Han River. It was quite yet again but this time it wasn’t very awkward.
    Jaejoong looked out of the corner of his eye to see Miyoung admiring the river. Slowly, he slipped his hand into hers. His breath caught, just waiting for her to pull away.
   Miyoung looked down at her hand. Jaejoong’s warm one was engulfing hers. She blushed but instead of pulling away, intertwined her fingers with his. She noticed a happy smile light up Jaejoong’s face and silently giggled.
   They walked along the river for a while longer. Just enjoying the view and company of each other. When they were halfway across from where they’d started, Jaejoong turned to Miyoung.
   “Miyoung-ah, I have some - something to say” he began hesitantly.
   For some strange reason, Miyoung’s heart seemed to start beating faster. Suddenly she felt queasy, like her stomach was doing back flips. She chewed on her lower lip nervously as Jaejoong took a deep breath.
   Jaejoong let out all his feelings in one breath and three simple words.
   “I love you”
   Everything seemed to freeze. Miyoung’s eyes went wide as she realized what Jaejoong had said. Jaejoong’s head was spinning from all his thoughts. What would happen if she rejected him? What if she thought of him as only a friend or a brother? Would their friendship be ruined by this?
   Jaejoong began wishing he hadn’t said anything at all when Miyoung’s voice broke him out of his thoughts.
   “I -”

 

Oh, it's my first cliffhanger! Well, not really, since it's quite obvious what'll happen next but let me just have my moment XP

I've been kind of busy lately and it's only going to get worse since I'm going to SAT coaching classes now and with that, my school, homework and my school coaching classes, I'm not sure if I'll have any time left... But I'll try my best to update next week :)

Comment and subscribe <3