02. Pretty Jaejoong or Manly Jaejoong?

Life with Kim Jaejoong

 

 
Fact #2: Jaejoong hates being called pretty. He wants to be called manly.
 

 

   It was Sunday morning and Jaejoong was cooking his special Sunday Breakfast; bacon and eggs with buttered toast. Miyoung was seated at the dining table, browsing through a tabloid magazine. The sizzling sound from the pan alerted Jaejoong that the food was almost done and he quickly began setting the table. The rest of the members were watching TV while anxiously awaiting the food to be ready.
   As he finished setting down the last of the china plates, he snuck a glance at what Miyoung was reading. Almost immediately, he crinkled his nose in disgust.
   “Why are you even reading that? You know it’s nothing but lies” he said.
   Miyoung shrugged. “I’m bored and it’s always amusing to see what new gossip they’ve come up with,” she replied. After flipping a page, she pointed out, “Look, they made an article about you. Basically they noted down some comments about each member made by fans. Here, I’ll read yours out,” she offered.
   “No need…” Jaejoong tried to refuse but she ignored him and read on.
   “Kim Jaejoong: ‘I think Jaejoong oppa has a real nice voice and he’s so good looking. I wish I could meet him in person! Oppa saranghae~’, ‘Jaejoong oppa, you are so awesome! I love you’re voice and you are my favorite member in DBSK. Oppa hwaiting!’ ‘Jaejoong oppa, you are so pretty! I envy your good looks. My friends say you're prettier than any girl they know. Oppa~ what do you apply on your skin?’”
   Miyoung began snickering as she finished the last comment. Jaejoong glared at her as he snatched up the magazine and scanned the page.
   “I am not pretty!” he protested.
   “Yeah, sure, say that when you aren’t wearing a frilly pink apron,” replied Miyoung, pointing at the said item draped over Jaejoong’s front.
   Jaejoong’s face turned a slight pink. “It’s so that I don’t ruin my clothes. Not my fault your useless brother bought a pink one,” he argued.
   “Besides that you are still pretty you know. You have really smooth skin and your hair always seems neat and glossy even if you’ve just rolled out of bed” said Miyoung.
   “I am not pretty! I’m not!” complained Jaejoong.
   “Why are you getting so defensive? Do you want people to call you ugly?”
   “No, but I don’t want them to think I’m pretty either. I’m a man. Girls are pretty. I want to be called manly” Jaejoong said, his voice taking an almost whiny tone.
   Miyoung scoffed. “You and manly? You’re the most girly one among the members. You always fuss about the cleanliness of the dorm, nag the members and you even cook! You’re like the perfect umma.”
   “W-What? I don’t fuss…not all the time” he answered lamely.
   “Ok, here’s what. If you can prove to me that you really are manly, I’ll stop calling you pretty” Miyoung challenged.
   “Prove it to you? What, have you not seen my six-pack?” asked Jaejoong, cockily.
   “That’s just physical” Miyoung rolled her eyes.
   Jaejoong glowered at her before walking up to her in quick strides. Grabbing her shoulders, he smashed his lips against hers. Surprised Miyoung gasped and Jaejoong took the opportunity to shove his tongue in. Miyoung tried to pull back but he held her neck firmly in place. When she tried to push his tongue out instead, he fought with her and dominated, exploring aggressively.
   Finally, he pulled away, leaving Miyoung breathless. She looked up at Jaejoong in disbelief while he plainly smirked.
   “Was that enough proof?” he teased before walking out of the kitchen to call the members for breakfast.
   “Not pretty… not pretty at all…” Miyoung mumbled in a daze.
 

I would firstly like to thank my 7 subscribers; thank you very very much and I hope I don't disappoint :) I'd really appretiate it if you guys commented as well. That way I'll know what you thought of the chapter and how I can better my writing.

Now, moving on to this chapter, I'm not exactly happy with how this turned out. I feel like it's too soon for them to be kissing... But, oh well. Tell me what you guys think :)