06. Cookies

Life with Kim Jaejoong

Fact #6 1. Jaejoong once donated blood for cookies. (There are 2 facts this time ^_^)

             2. Jaejoong wanted to own a supermarket when he was young so that he could eat all the cookies himself.


 
   Jaejoong was awoken to the sweet aroma of chocolate. As if in a trance, he walked out of his room and into the kitchen. The kitchen was in quite a messy state. Flour covered parts of the floor while various pans and ladles were strewn about on the counter. At one corner of the room, the figure of a girl - Shim Miyoung, was crouched next to the oven.
   Jaejoong realized she was pulling out a tray full of fresh baked goods. Not just any baked goods either. Chocolate chip cookies. Cookies which Jaejoong loved. His favorite sweet delicacy really. Miyoung placed the tray near the window and blew on the brown biscuits to cool them down.
   When she looked up, she noticed Jaejoong standing in the doorway and grinned. “Oppa, did I wake you up?” she asked, apologetically.
   Jaejoong shook his head ‘no’ and walked further into the kitchen. He noticed that a bit of the flour and chocolate had gotten onto Miyoung’s cheek and chuckled. Miyoung blinked innocently as Jaejoong grabbed a paper towel from the dining table.
   Gently grasping her chin, he tilted her face up and wiped her cheek clean. Miyoung’s eyes were wide and her cheeks red by the time he was done. Jaejoong gazed into her eyes as she gazed into his. After a moment of this, Miyoung turned away, breaking the eye contact and carefully picked up a cookie.
   “Here oppa, try it and tell me whether it’s good” she said while holding it in front of him. “Say ah~” she said.
   Jaejoong laughed and took a bite of the cookie. It felt like heaven. The warm biscuit seemed to melt on his tongue and the strong taste of chocolate really made him giddy. He put up two thumbs to show that it was great and Miyoung grinned.
   “Good. I hope the others like it as well” she said.
   Jaejoong handed the rest of his cookie to her, “You should try it too”
   Miyoung shyly took a bite and then realized, she’d bitten onto the same side as he had. ‘Omo, that was like an indirect kiss’ she blushed.
   “What’s the occasion for these cookies anyway?” asked Jaejoong, oblivious to Miyoung’s thoughts.
   “Umm, what? Oh, I found out you liked cookies a lot, so I thought I might as well make it since I have time” she shrugged nonchalantly.
   Jaejoong blinked. “Who told you I liked cookies?”
   “Oh, just this interview I watched on TV that said that you wanted to own a supermarket when you were young so that you could eat all the cookies yourself” Miyoung teased.
   Jaejoong felt himself turning red. “T-That was when I was young!”
   “Does that mean you don’t like my cookies anymore?” Miyoung pouted. She was still joking but apparently Jaejoong took it seriously for he quickly shook his head side to side.
   “No, no, your cookies are delicious. I just, it was… I…”
   Watching Jaejoong stutter, Miyoung couldn’t help but laugh. “Relax oppa, I’m just kidding!”
   “Yah!” Jaejoong puffed out his cheeks.
   “Aww, don’t be mad. Here have another cookie” she handed him another one of the chocolate-y heavens.
   Jaejoong looked at it from the corner of his eyes and then snatched it out of her hands, eating it greedily.
   “Bribing is not going to work” he added stubbornly, once he was done with the cookie.
   Miyoung rolled her eyes, “Sure oppa, sure”
 

 
Yup, I'm back! My exams are officially over (they went quite well, if anyone's wondering) so I can now spend more time on this story. I want to thank everyone who waited patiently for this update and for subscribing and commenting. I lost 3 subscribers so I'm kinda sad about that but I'll try my best to not disappoint anymore.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter (coz I really enjoyed writing this one). Please don't be silent readers :)