11. Jealousy

Life with Kim Jaejoong

Fact #11 Jaejoong would let his love go if they loved someone else.


 
   It had been three whole weeks since Jaejoong and Miyoung had begun going out. When they’d told the other members of DBSK, they’d all been happy for them. Changmin had even given Jaejoong a speech about how he’d kill him if he ever hurt his little sister. Jaejoong found it quite amusing; the fact that the maknae of DBSK was threatening the oldest member.
   The fans had taken to the news in different ways. Some felt jealous of Miyoung and were against their relationship while others thought that it was ironic he’d fallen for Changmin’s sister. A major portion of the Cassiopeias though, were happy that Jaejoong had found his match.
   Jaejoong had spent the last three weeks together with Miyoung, taking her to all of his schedules and then on dates. He’d introduced her to quite a few bands in those 21 days.
   Today, he had brought her along to yet another schedule. It was a photo shoot. A collaboration between DBSK and some members of Super Junior. Junsu was especially ecstatic to meet his childhood friend : Lee “Eunhyuk” Hyukjae.
   Five members of Super Junior had been chosen for this photo shoot; Leeteuk the leader, Heechul the pretty boy, Eunhyuk the dancer, Donghae the romantic and Kyuhyun the evil maknae.
   Jaejoong and Changmin introduced Miyoung to all the members and then they all piled into the dressing rooms to get their make-up and hair done. There was a small problem with Jaejoong’s dress so he was the last one out of the dressing room.
   By the time he was out, almost half of them were done with the make-up. The make-up artists were working on Heechul and Yunho at the moment. Next would be Donghae and Yoochun and then finally, Jaejoong.
   Looking around the room, he found Miyoung talking to Kyuhyun. Jaejoong felt something cold coil around his heart as he saw Miyoung giggle at something Kyuhyun said. She looked happy while Kyuhyun kept putting his arm around her shoulder or on her fore-arm. It looked to Jaejoong as if Kyuhyun was flirting. With Miyoung. His Girlfriend.
   Something had to be done. But what? Jaejoong couldn’t just barge into their conversation and tell Kyuhyun off. Miyoung would think he didn’t trust her and then hate him forever. Changmin had noticed Jaejoong’s worry over the matter.
   He knew for sure though that his sister wouldn’t cheat on Jaejoong so he wasn’t too worried. He did want to take this opportunity to tease his hyung though.
   “It seems you have competition. hyung” Changmin smirked.
   Jaejoong didn’t bother replying, just scowled in anger.
 
 
   Throughout the shoot, Jaejoong kept an eye on Miyoung and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun’s attempts at flirting with her had not died down and Miyoung seemed oblivious to it. She did seem to enjoy talking to Kyuhyun though.
   Jaejoong decided it was time to let Kyuhyun know she was off-limits. Walking over to the two who were chatting animatedly, Jaejoong wrapped at arm around Miyoung’s waist. Kyuhyun eyed them peculiarly but Jaejoong just smirked.
   “Are you two going out?” asked Super Junior’s maknae.
   Miyoung looked up at Jaejoong, then back at Kyuhyun. She blinked then slowly nodded ‘yes’.
   Kyuhyun seemed to understand now and eventually backed off. This relieved Jaejoong a bit. He now didn’t have to worry about some guy hitting on his girl.
 
 
   That night, everyone was settled in their own rooms in the DBSK dorm. Except Miyoung, that is. She lay in her boyfriend’s bed, wrapped in his arms and his deluxe blanket.
   “Jaejoong oppa…” she called.
   Jaejoong opened his heavy eyes and gazed at her through half-lidded eyes. “Yes, love?”
   “Were you jealous today?”
   “Why would I be jealous?”
   “I don’t know. You kept looking over at me and Kyuhyun-oppa all the time”
   “Oppa?!” he accidentally blurted out.
   Miyoung giggled, “See? You are jealous!”
   Jaejoong pouted. “So what if I am? You’re my girlfriend, others shouldn’t be flirting with you!”
   “Well, I’m glad” Miyoung mumbled.
   “Huh?” Jaejoong was confused. He thought that she would be annoyed at his silly possessiveness but she was glad?!
   “Yea, I’m glad you’re jealous. It shows that you really care” she said.
   Jaejoong smiled softly. “Of course, I care” he assured.
   “I know, oppa. But don’t go too protective over me, ok?” she warned.
   Jaejoong chuckled. “Alright Jagi” he kissed her forehead.
   The two settled comfortably onto the bed before going off into dream land. Jaejoong’s last thought, something he’d realized just minutes ago, seemed to echo in his mind as he went deeper and deeper into sleep.
   ‘I have nothing to be jealous of. You’re mine and only mine, Shim Miyoung’