Maknae Love

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kyuhyun," Sungmin whined, still worried about the fact that Kyuhyun had been crying for the past ten minutes and had yet to say a word. "What's wrong, Kyu? Is something wrong? Is Changmin okay?" 

Kyuhyun just continued sobbing, wanting to answer everyone's questions, but not being able to do so.

Eunhyuk pulled out his phone. No one failed to notice the slight bruising on Kyuhyun's face. If Kyuhyun wasn't going to talk, Eunhyuk would find answers himself. "That's it," he said. "I'm calling Yunho."

"N-no," Kyuhyun finally spoke up, choking back his sobs. Eunhyuk froze.

"Kyuhyun. What's wrong?" Ryeowook asked, putting his hand on Kyuhyun's back. "You can tell us."

"What happened to you?" Leeteuk asked. "Did something happen with Changmin?"

Kyuhyun wasn't that much of a cryer. He has only cried like this very few times. The majority of the times he cried like this occured after Changmin's kidnapping. Thankfully, he wasn't crying as hard as he had been on that fateful day at the studio. That was a side of Kyuhyun that the rest of Super Junior never wanted to see again.

"It was an accident," Kyuhyun muttered. 

"What was an accident?" Donghae asked, he and Heechul sharing worried glances. What happened after the two of them dropped Yunho off?

Kyuhyun swallowed. "The bruise," he choked out. "It was an accident."

Ryeowook rubbed circles into Kyuhyun's back. He wanted to help Kyuhyun and make him feel better, but how could he when Kyuhyun wasn't telling them anything?

"Kyuhyun," Kangin's strong voice suddenly sounded in the room. "Talk to us. You're scaring everybody."

Kyuhyun glanced at Kangin before shying away from the older one's look. "Changmin."

The rest of Super Junior looked at each other worriedly. "Is Changmin okay?" Heechul asked.

Kyuhyun swallowed again. "I...I just want him to get better...he's suffering so much."

With those words, everyone in the room calmed down. They all looked at each other, feeling nothing but pity and worry for the two maknaes they had come to love so much.

"Kyuhyun," Siwon said. "Tell us what happened."

Kyuhyun wiped at his face, trying to stop his sobbing. "He had a really bad flashback...or something," he finally said. "That's how I got the bruise...he...thought I was someone else."

No one had to wonder who that someone else was. 

Shindong sighed. "Oh Kyu."

"He just woke up and started freaking out," Kyuhyun continued. "His eyes were open and he was staring right at me but...but it was like he couldn't see me!" He continued wiping at his face as new tears continued to fall. "I-I had to hold him down. He kept begging me to let him go but I couldn't! He would have hurt himself and I just wanted to protect him. He finally punched me after Yunho ran into the room and distracted me...We couldn't get him to calm down. The only reason he stopped was because he got so sick and tired..." Kyuhyun trailed off as his crying began again.

"Excuse me," Leeteuk politely said before he left the room. No one questioned why he did it or what he was about to do.  

Sungmin held Kyuhyun tighter.

"When he woke up again he didn't remember a thing," Kyuhyun added.

Ryeowook joined into the hug, wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun and squeezing him tight as well.

The three of them stayed in that position, even with the other ones watching, for another fifteen minutes before everyone noticed Kyuhyun's sobs began to die down and he started to slowly fall asleep. 

Even Leeteuk had returned by then, looking at the maknae with sympathy as Ryeowook and Sungmin gently laid down Kyuhyun onto his bed.

"Thank you," Kyuhyun muttered with his eyes closed before Siwon took the blanket and laid it over him. Everyone stayed in the room until they were sure Kyuhyun had fallen asleep.

"We have tomorrow off," Leeteuk announced as they all made their way to the living room. "Not all of us have been able to see Changmin since he returned. We'll all go tomorrow. Maybe we can cheer up Kyuhyun and Changmin."

Everyone nodded in agreement. 

"We'll let Kyuhyun rest," Leeteuk continued. "So no one wake him up early. We all know how he gets when he's stressed and doesn't sleep enough. Just let him relax."

Everyone agreed with him once again. 

Leeteuk sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "We need to make sure Kyuhyun is okay. We can't let him slip like last time."

"Of course not," Eunhyuk agreed. He put on a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. Kyuhyun is our maknae. We'll take care of him as much as possible. There's no need to worry." 

Yunho rubbed circles into Changmin's back as the maknae vomited into the toilet for the third time this night. Each time, Yunho felt himself wincing at the sound of Changmin's gags and retches.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked once Changmin was finished. It was obvious how tired Changmin had become as he rested his head on Yunho's chest.

Changmin whimpered in response before slowly nodding, as if he was unsure as to whether or not he really was okay. 

The two of them sat on the floor of the bathroom for a while before Yunho decided that it was time for Changmin to go back to bed. "Okay Min," Yunho said. "Let's get you to bed, okay?"

Changmin quietly muttered an "okay" as Yunho helped him off the ground and led him to the bedroom.

Yunho noticed that Changmin's body was still alarmingly warm, and he was debating whether or not he would need to take Changmin to the hospital.

"I'm going to get a few things for you," he announced to Changmin as he helped lay him into bed.

Changmin nodded, watching as Yunho left the room.

Changmin was starting to fall back asleep as Yunho came back into the room a few minutes later, placing a cold, wet cloth on Changmin's sweaty forehead. He then removed the thick blanket covering the shivering, half conscious maknae and replaced it with one that was a bit thinner. 

Changmin released a rather pathetic whine. "Hyung," he said weakly. "I-I'm so c-cold."

Yunho sighed, an ache forming at his heart after hearing Changmin's words. "I know, Min," he said softly, taking a seat on the bed. "But we need to lower your fever. I'm sorry."

Changmin squeezed his eyes shut, releasing a whimper. 

"Here," Yunho said, reaching over to the bedside table, where medicine and hot tea resided. He grabbed the medicine first. "I made some tea for you but you need to take your medicine first." He poured the medicine into the tiny cup. After helping Changmin into a half sitting position, he brought the medicine to Changmin's lips and watched in satisfaction as the younger one drank the bitter liquid. Yunho smiled at the disgusted look Changmin had on his face. "Here," Yunho said, putting the medicine away and taking the tea. "Drink this. It'll make you feel better."

Changmin slowly took the hot mug from Yunho's hands. "It tastes different," he said after taking a small sip. 

Yunho nodded. "It's herbal," he explained with a small smile. "It's good for you since you're sick."

"Since when did you start buying herbal?" Changmin asked again, taking another sip. 

"I tried a few new things while you were gone," Yunho said. "I...I got sick a lot while you were gone, and I was told herbal tea was good for that. It helped me a lot."

"Thanks, Hyung," Changmin said.

Yunho nodded. "Drink that and go back to sleep, okay?" he said.

"Okay," Changmin said quietly as he continued drinking the tea. "My stomach feels better already," he said, sighing in contentment as the queasiness in his stomach began to fade. He drank some more. "Yunho. You'll go to sleep too, right?" he asked. Changmin couldn't help but worry. Every time he had woken up, Yunho would be right there, waiting on Changmin hand and foot. Changmin could guess that Yunho hadn't slept at all during the night.

Yunho nodded. "Of course I will," he answered. "But I need you to sleep first."

"Okay," Changmin said with a nod before drinking his tea again. "I'm done," he finally said, handing the empty mug to Yunho. 

Yunho looked inside the mug, as if he were inspecting to see if Changmin had indeed finished his tea. After confirming, Yunho turned off the lights and got into the bed as well.

"Hyung?" Changmin said once Yunho was situated into bed. 

"Yes, Changmin," Yunho responded.

A violent shiver escaped Changmin's body before he began to speak. "The video," he began. "At the police station. What was on it?"

Yunho swallowed. For some reason, he hadn't expected Changmin to ask about that video. "Nothing, Min," he lied, not wanting to relive what he saw on that video, and not wanting Changmin to relive what had happened in that video either. 

"Nothing?" Changmin asked.

"Yeah," Yunho replied, feeling his eyes water. "The, uh, video was damaged. We couldn't get it to work."

Changmin sighed. "Good," he said, snuggling further into his pillow. "He would record the things he did to us. I would have hated for you to see something."

Yunho kept blinking rapidly, hoping to fight the tears he felt threaten to fall. He was so glad that Changmin believed his lie so easily, but it ate at Yunho's heart that he lied to him in the first place.

"Hyung," Changmin said again.

"Yes, Min?" Yunho replied, trying his best to not sound like he was on the verge of crying, though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter