Confession

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin painfully gasped as he slowly started waking up, feeling something wet and cold on his forehead. He let out a moan, he was still so exhausted.

"It's okay, Min," he heard a gentle voice say. It sounded distant, like it was coming from miles away, but Changmin knew that he just wasn't hearing right. He also knew exactly who the voice belonged to. The voice made Changmin relax.

"Hyung," Changmin finally whispered, stirring as he finally opened his eyes, seeing Yunho sitting on the edge of his bed, watching over Changmin anxiously.

"I think you had another bad dream, Min," Yunho continued as he dabbed Changmin's forehead with a small towel. 

Changmin nodded. 

Yunho brought the towel away. "Min," he said softly. He wanted to have this conversation much later, but he knew that the quicker he brought it up, the faster he could help Changmin fix whatever was wrong. "You've been getting worse and worse." Yunho sighed. "I want to help you, but you won't let me. You're closing everyone out more everyday."

Changmin slowly sat up. "I'm fine," he replied as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Really?" Yunho asked in disbelief. "When was the last time you got more than two hours of decent sleep?" he asked, folding his arms over his chest.

Changmin sighed. "I said I'm fine," he replied. "I'm just a little stressed."

Yunho scoffed. "A little stressed?" he replied. "Skipping a meal or two is 'a little stressed'. Feeling like you really need to punch someone is 'a little stressed'. You're losing weight, sleep, hair, and honestly, your sanity. That's not 'just a little stressed', Min!"

Changmin remained silent.

"You really worry me, Min," Yunho said quietly. "I don't think it's fair, you know?" he continued. "I want to take care of you, but you're not letting me help. I don't mind taking care of you, I actually like it. But why should I care about you when you don't even care about yourself?"

Changmin swallowed, feeling his eyes water. "Hyung," he said, his voice wavering. 

Yunho sighed. "I don't want to lose you again, Minnie."

Changmin let the tears fall from his eyes. "You won't," he whispered.

Yunho shook his head. "You were kidnapped right in front of me," he said. "That hurt. I watched you walk out of our dorm so you could sacrifice yourself for BoA. That hurt too." Yunho paused, feeling his eyes tear up as well. "Changmin, I watched you get shot. Three times I almost lost you for good. I can't take it if something else happens to you!"

"But nothing will happen to me," Changmin replied, trying to stay calm. "You all promised that you would all protect me. Jinsuk is going to jail. I'll be fine! I'm just getting over everything!"

"You're not understanding me!" Yunho yelled, feeling guilty when he saw Changmin jump in surprise. "When I lost you all those times of course it hurt. But what about now? Your body is safe but your mind isn't. What does everyone else gain if you're here but just an empty shell of yourself?"

"What are you saying?" Changmin finally asked, wiping at his eyes. 

"Call me selfish," Yunho began. "But Changmin, I need you to be okay. You're always sad and scared and it hurts me." Yunho sighed. "I know you've been through a lot, much more than anyone should ever have to go through. I can't even begin to fathom what you went through, and I know I'll never understand as much as you would like me to. I'm sorry. But I know there's a healthy way to heal, and I know that you're doing the very opposite."

"I've already agreed to going to my therapist again," Changmin pointed out, looking down and playing with his fingers.

"Nice," Yunho replied sarcastically. "I'm sure having a support system that you pay to only see once a week for an hour each visit will help."

Changmin let out a smile laugh, finding humor in Yunho's reply. He quickly turned serious when he remembered that Yunho was trying to help him.

"Yeah," Yunho replied, a small smile appearing on his face. "Pretty ridiculous, right?"

Changmin nodded, a smile came on his face once again.

"Then I guess we'll be awake for a while," Yunho said, climbing onto the bed, properly sitting and leaning his back on the headboard. He brought his arm around Changmin's shoulders. "Remember when we would lay on the rooftop and trade stories?" Yunho asked with a sigh. "I think those were always my favorite moments with you when you came back. It was always so relaxing."

Changmin nodded. "Can we start doing that again sometime?"

"Of course, Min," Yunho replied with a smile. "Let's start it tomorrow night."

"Thank you," Changmin replied.

"But we can start our pattern right now," Yunho said. "We can still talk to each other like we always did."

"C-can I go first?" Changmin asked, surprising Yunho.

Yunho nodded. "Go ahead."

Changmin nodded. "There was a night that you promised that no matter what you found out about me, you wouldn't treat me differently," he reminded the older one. "Do you remember that?" 

Yunho nodded again. He turned into a mute as he tried to brace himself for whatever Changmin was about to tell him.

Changmin sighed, briefly squeezing his eyes shut. He couldn't believe he was about to do th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter