Collapse

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been two days since the duo had received the horrid news of Yuki's death. While Changmin was very good at hiding how devestated he was from everyone else, Yunho and Kyuhyun saw right through him.

Yunho had told Kyuhyun of Yuki's death the day after, when he realized that Changmin wasn't going to do it himself. The news came as a shock to the Super Junior maknae, realizing just how much effort Changmin was putting into being okay.

Changmin was sad because of Yuki's death. He was also guilty. Guilty because the Tanakas' bodies were to be shipped to Japan for their funerals, meaning Changmin wouldn't be able to attend. Changmin also felt guilty because he couldn't help but blame himself for their death. Changmin was certain that his kidnapper was the one that killed that innocent family. Changmin would say things like "if he still had me, Yuki wouldn't have died" or "if I hadn't shot his friend, maybe he wouldn't have killed Yuki and her family".

Yunho was severely stressed out. Seeing Changmin blame himself for literally every bad thing that happened was eating Yunho up inside. 

Yunho felt himself getting weaker and weaker. It seemed as if all the stress he was always feeling had begun to catch up with him. Anytime Changmin needed help, Yunho would completely forget about himself and focus only on Changmin. That's the way it always was; even during their idol days.

Changmin had always been stubborn, so of course when Yunho would tell him that none of this was his fault, Changmin would ignore him and insist everything bad that Yunho was wrong.

"Let's get you something to eat," Yunho offered.  His cooking skills weren't great, but at least he knew how to feed to survive. Changmin hasn't started to complain yet, which seemed like a good sign. 

"I'm...I'm not really hungry," Changmin replied. 

Yunho swallowed the lump in his throat. At the mention of eating, Yunho suddenly felt his stomach growl. But Changmin hadn't eaten since yesterday.

"You need to eat," Yunho replied. "You still have a lot of weight to gain before I consider you to be healthy again and you're not gonna gain it back by not eating."

Changmin sighed. "Hyung," he whined. "I'm really not hungry."

"I know," Yunho responded. "But you still need to eat. It's not healthy if you keep skipping meals. If you keep this up then you'll continue getting sick. You're really worrying me. Can you please eat? Do it for me, okay? I'll even have you eat just a little..."

Changmin sighed when he felt Yunho place his hand on his head.

"Your fever's gone," Yunho said with a smile. "Don't you want to keep it that way?" he asked. He smiled when Changmin slowly nodded. "Then you should eat."

"Okay," Changmin muttered.

"Great," Yunho said happily. "Why don't you get some rest while I put something together for you, okay?"

Changmin nodded. Yunho could tell it was a form of surrender, but he would still take it.

Yunho stood up from the couch, surprising the both of them as he swayed on his feet.

"Hyung," Changmin said in worry as he quickly got up and placed a hand on the older one's back. "Are you okay?"

Yunho nodded before a smile crossed his face. "Of course," he said in a reassuring voice. He took another look at the maknae. "I know you're suffering right now," he said in a gentle voice. "Losing someone is hard and...I can't imagine losing a friend the way Yuki died. You're very strong, Min, and Yuki wouldn't want you to ignore your health. You understand?"

Changmin slowly nodded. He knew Yunho wanted to comfort him, but he also felt that Yunho was trying to distract him from the dizzy spell he just had.

"Rest up, Changmin," Yunho said, motioning the younger one to lay down on the couch.

Changmin obeyed, but that didn't stop him from keeeping a close eye on Yunho as the older one made his way to the kitchen.

Yunho tried to ignore the fact that the kitchen seemed to be spinning. He gripped his head and squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the sick feeling to pass. I hope Changmin didn't pass that sickness over to me, he thought to himself as he made his way to the fridge. 

Maybe I should make Changmin eat some fruits too, he thought to himself. He looked to the top of the fridge, happy to see fresh bananas. When he opened the fridge, he found some strawberries. 

Perfect.

He turned around, once again holding his head as his vision became foggy, before heading to the kitchen counter to put the items down.

Yunho barely took a few steps before everything went black and he lost all strength.

Changmin didn't remember falling asleep. He hated how easily he seemed to tire out.  "Hyung," he muttered as he rubbed his eyes, remembering that Yunho had promised to bring him food. Changmin guessed that he hadn't dozed off for long since there was still no sign of Yunho. "Hyung?" he said again once he realized he didn't receive a response the first time.

Changmin rose from off the couch, his hands involuntarily shaking as he began to make his way into the kitchen.

"HYUNG!" he suddenly yelled as he walked into the kitchen to find Yunho laying face down on the kitchen floor. Changmin ran to his side, kneeling down and flipping Yunho over onto his back. "Hyung!" Changmin cried out. "Hyung, wake up!" He started hitting Yunho's pale face, hoping to get some sort of response from the older one, but when nothing came, Changmin began to panic more as he shook Yunho's limp body.

"Hyung! Hyung, wake up! What happened? I'm sorry, Hyung! Wake up, please!"

It was then that Yunho's phone began to ring. Changmin debated whether or not he should answer it, until he realized that whoever was calling could possibly help him.

"H-Hello," he stuttered into the phone, gasping between sobs.

"Changmin," Kyuhyun's worried voice sounded over the phone. "What's wrong?"

Changmin hiccuped on a sob before he began to speak. "I..I don't know! I found Yunho laying on the kitchen floor and he's not waking up."

"Okay," Kyuhyun said. He was trying to hide his panic for Changmin's sake. "How long has he been like that?"

"I don't...I don't know," Changmin responded.

"Changmin, I'm on my way," Kyuhyun said. He sounded as if he were in a rush. Changmin figured that he was probably running. "Changmin, listen to me. I know it's scary that he's not waking up but I need you to calm down and call for an ambulance. Can you do that?"

"Y-Yes," Changmin replied. His cries had begun to lessen, though he was still very panicked.

"Good," Kyuhyun responded. "I'm on my way. I'm going to hang up the phone so you can call for an ambulance, okay? Don't be scared."

"But I-"

"I'll try and come before the paramedics get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter