Plans

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The person that kidnapped Changmin...is still be out there."

Yunho's eyes widened at the horrid news. "No," he breathed out. "Cho Kyuhyun. Tell me you're lying."

"I...I wish I was," Kyuhyun helplessly replied.

Yunho swallowed. He took in a shaky breath. Everything made sense now; why Changmin was still so scared; why he still seemed so worried about their safety. Poor Changmin's nightmare hadn't ended. When Yunho received the news that Changmin had been brought back to them, the last thing Yunho had prepared for was the probability that Changmin was still in danger.

"We should go back in," Yunho said.

As Yunho began to turn around, Kyuhyun grabbed Yunho's arm, preventing him from going anywhere. "Wait," he begged. He felt guilty that they were leaving Changmin alone for so long, but important matters had to be taken care of. "We can't just ignore this."

"Who said I was ignoring this?" Yunho quickly asked. He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. "I understand. Keeping Changmin safe has always been our priority," he began, earning a nod from Kyuhyun. "I'm not sweeping this matter under the carpet. We'll continue this conversation...but not now. Changmin wants us with him right now. Come on." The two of them entered back into Changmin's room.

Changmin was back in the position he was found in the first time; back to being guarded. "I...I don't have to talk to the police, right?" he asked the two once they entered and walked towards him.

Changmin's hopeful demeanor pulled on Yunho's heart. He sighed. "Changmin-"

"Please don't make me talk to them," Changmin quickly said, cutting Yunho off. He obviously couldn't talk about his ordeal. Not now. It was too soon.

"Changmin," Kyuhyun spoke up. "Would you feel better if we stayed with you as you talked to the police?"

Changmin remained silent. He didn't want to talk to the police at all, and all he wanted was for everyone to respect his wishes.

But maybe talking to the police would be easier with Kyuhyun and Yunho still with him. "Will you?" he finally asked in a quiet voice.

Kyuhyun and Yunho nodded.

Kyuhyun hesitantly reached out his hand to hold one of Changmin's hands. He felt like cheering when Changmin didn't shy away. "We'll be right here," he promised, squeezing Changmin's hand. "And you don't have to be scared as long as we're here."

Changmin's face seemed to brighten up a bit. "I know," he said. He weakly squeezed Kyuhyun's hand. "But...it was scary." Changmin suddenly shivered. "I don't want to tell about it. Ever," he muttered, shaking his head.

"Changmin," Yunho said gently. "The police need your help in catching this guy. The faster they find him, the less time you have to be afraid that he'll find you, okay?"

"You have nothing to worry about," Kyuhyun said, his hand still tightly holding onto Changmin's.

Changmin looked to Yunho. "I don't want anyone getting hurt again for me."

Yunho shook his head, wishing Changmin could just forget about that night and start worrying about himself. "I don't care what happens to me, Min," Yunho said with conviction. "What's important is that you're safe. I don't care about the costs."

Kyuhyun nodded in agreement. "We've waited over a year to get you back," he reminded his friend. "We're not going to let anything happen to you."

Changmin remained silent, appreciating his friends' promises, but afraid for their safety as well. "I don't want you getting hurt," he told them. "Promise me you won't get hurt."

Kyuhyun and Yunho looked to each other again. Both of them opened their mouths, ready to make another promise when the door opened.

Detective Kang walked in, as well as another dectective.

Yunho and Kyuhyun greeted the two older men and bowed.

"I'm Detecive Kang," he introduced himself. "And this is my partner Detective Park. We're here to ask Changmin some questions."

"Thank you for bringing him back to us," Kyuhyun said, feeling Changmin tighten his grip on his hand.

Detective Kang nodded, slowly coming closer to Changmin's bedside, noticing Changmin shy away. "I understand that this will be hard for you," Kang began. "You can take your time answering questions, okay? I just need you to tell me the truth."

Changmin sheepishly nodded, knowing there was no way of escaping the interrogation now.

"What can you remember from the night you were kidnapped?" Kang asked first.

Yunho tensed up as Changmin looked over to him. "I...I was asleep," Changmin began.

The apartment was completely silent. The both of them had come back from a long and hectic day of fulfilling all of their schedules. As soon as they walked through the door, they quickly ate and went to bed.

Changmin was happily curled up underneath his blanket, deep in sleep.

But his sleep was soon cut off by the sound of something shattered. For a quick second, he attributed the sound to Yunho's carelessness, before he realized the sound had come from his own room. 

Changmin slowly opened his eyes, not expecting to be woken up to the sight of someone standing over him.

Changmin wanted to scream, but he couldn't. He was so scared that he couldn't find his voice. 

What was going on? Who was this person? Where was Yunho?

"Shh," the figure told him, grabbing Changmin from off the bed as the panicked maknae began to fight. Changmin's back was pressed against the man's chest. "We wouldn't want your Hyung to get hurt, would we?" he threatened, causing Changmin to freeze and allow himself to be handled by this man.

"Changmin-ah," Yunho voice sounded as he walked through Changmin's doorway and the light. Changmin choked as he realized his bedroom door was open. He specifically remembered closing the door before crawling into bed.

The leader froze when he saw the mysterious person holding the scared looking maknae.

The man could see it in his eyes. Yunho was about to strike.

Quickly, the man pulled out his gun from the back of his jeans and held it to Changmin's head. "Make one wrong move and he dies."

Changmin stopped narrating his story. He didn't notice how much he had begun to hyperventilate until he had finished talking. Telling the events of that night was too overwhelming for him. He felt Yunho and Kyuhyun look at him with worried eyes, but he never looked back at them. He didn't want to.

"Min?" Yunho asked.

Changmin shook his head. "I can't do it, Hyung," he sobbed.

"Yes, you can," Kyuhyun encouraged. "We're right here, remember?"

Changmin wiped at his face, but the tears still continued to flow. "I thought cooperating with him would keep Yunho safe!"

"Maybe we can take a break," Kang suggested, seeing the look of pure agony on Changmin's face.

Kyuhyun sighed. "Maybe you're right," he said, although he hated the idea of Changmin having to continue the interview at another time. He turned to Changmin. "Min. You have to finish the interview some other time."

Changmin shook his head. "I don't want to finish this," he muttered. Couldn't everyone see that he wasn't in the mood for talking about the past year?

Kang sighed. "Changmin-ssi," he said, noticing Changmin slightly back away from him. "Your statement is going to be most important." When Yunho and Kyuhyun gave him confused looks, Kang explained. "From what we gathered from the other victims, Changmin was favored the most by his kidnapper...or should I say kidnappers? If anyone would know how this man works and thinks, it would have to be Changmin. If he helps us catch him, we can prevent this man from possibly kidnapping someone else."

"You hear that, Min?" Yunho asked. "You don't want anyone else getting hurt, right?"

Changmin shook his head. He was torn, and he felt selfish. Changmin knew that the police had a point. With his kidnapper still running free, there could be more victims to come.

But Changmin just couldn't get himself to talk.

"I know talking about your...ordeal will be the worst thing we could ever ask of you," Yunho spoke with. His voice showed how kind and understanding he felt. "But you're safe now. I let you slip through my fingers once. I'm not making that mistake again."

Changmin swallowed. "He'll...hurt you," he choked.

Yunho could see how worried Changmin was. He shook his head and smiled. "No he won't. Not this time. I promise."

Kyuhyun tightened his grip on Changmin's hand. "Min. Can you finish the questions? Can you do that for your us?"

Changmin looked to Kyuhyun before reluctantly nodding. "Okay," he whispered, suddenly not finding his voice.

Yunho gave the detectives a nod, signaling for them to continue.

"Okay," Detective Park sighed. "Where were we?"

Changmin looked down, and Yunho felt himself tensing up as he started to relive the next part of Changmin's testimony.

Yunho froze as he saw the gun being held to Changmin's head. Yunho was a very good fighter, and he knew that taking this man down wouldn't be a proble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter