Bang

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho had been shaking the whole time. From the second Changmin walked out the door until now, his body was controlling itself, not relaxing even though he was begging his muscles to just calm down, even for just a second.

How could he calm down, though, knowing that Changmin was once again in the hands of his abuser?

Yunho tried telling himself that Changmin was okay. Changmin probably rescued BoA, as intended, and was able to free the both of them. If anything, they'd already be on their way back, either back home, or to a hospital to make sure BoA was completely fine. Either way, Changmin had to be safe from JinSuk. He had to be okay, unharmed and fretting over BoA in panic because even though she kept telling Changmin she was fine, the maknae didn't believe her because of his worrisome nature and slight paranoia. But it doesn't matter, because Changmin was okay.

Changmin was okay, wasn't he?

But as much as Yunho wanted to believe all of that, something in his mind told him to expect the worst. He didn't want to, and he begged his mind to stop being so pessimistic. It wasn't working though. Instead, his mind would come up with every possible bad scenario. Every bad thing that could have possibly happened to Changmin once he had reached the house.

Yunho looked to the two detectives. Kang was driving, while Park was telling his senior exactly where to go, looking at his phone for directions. Yunho was just sitting in the backseat, trying to put his thoughts together.

All in all, Yunho was glad that the detectives thought this far ahead. He was glad that they thought of putting a GPS tracker on Changmin's necklace. But were they quick enough? Any second they wasted was another second Changmin might have to endure some form of torture from JinSuk, and Yunho didn't want that.

A running figure in the dark caused Yunho break away from his thoughts, also causing Detective Kang to step on the break in confusion.

Yunho's eyes widened. "That's BoA," he announced as he quickly got out of the car. He ran up to his friend, enveloping her tiny frame in a hug. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Where's Changmin?"

The way BoA started crying at the mention of Changmin alerted Yunho that something wasn't right.

The detectives had joined the pair, waiting for BoA to give an answer.

BoA started shaking her head. "Changmin's in trouble."

"Get her into the car," Detective Kang commanded Yunho. If Changmin was in serious danger, they were wasting time standing here waiting for answers.

Yunho obeyed, pulling BoA by the wrist, causing her to hiss in pain. He almost didn't notice, but once they were all in the car, he noticed the red burns on her wrists.

"What happened?" Detective Park asked about Changmin.

BoA swallowed. "He made me watch," she shakily answered. "Once my ropes loosened Changmin told me to run and I did because I needed to find help." She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block out everything she had seen, but to no avail. She knew JinSuk didn't want to hurt her; he just needed her as bait. She felt guilty for running even after Changmin had begged her to. She felt bad for just leaving him there. "The only reason why JinSuk couldn't get me was because Changmin was able to stop him."

Yunho pursed his lips. "BoA-"

"After the drugs started to weaken," BoA said, cutting Yunho off. "He wouldn't stop screaming. His screams were weak but...he was fighting the effects of those drugs, I can tell."

Yunho's eyes widened. "Wh-what drugs?" he asked, fearful of the answer.

BoA shook her head. "I don't know," she answered. "But it looked like a sedative...a really strong one. Changmin looked too tired to do anything at first. He could barely move or talk."

Yunho could feel his heart beating faster everytime BoA began to talk about Changmin. His maknae was in danger. He had let his maknae walk into JinSuk's clutches.

If anything happened to Changmin it would be his fault.

"We'll get him back," Detective P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter