Promises

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Changmin-ah!" Yunho yelled before jumping to catch his falling maknae. 

Holding Changmin tightly in his arms, Yunho slowly got on his knees, gently laying Changmin down before finding where the bullet hit him.

With the aid of the lights coming from the cars, Yunho was able to see the blood staining Changmin's shirt, making a red, blossom design on his chest. It made Yunho sick, especially with how pale Changmin had suddenly become. Yunho pressed his hands to the wound, trying in vain to stop the blood flow. 

"Hy-Hyung," Changmin choked, gasping weakly.

Yunho immediately shushed him. "Don't speak," he said. "Save your strength."

Detective Park ran up to the trio, his eyes wide as he saw Changmin laying helplessly on the ground. "An ambulance is on the way," he announced. His words seemed unheard, and he didn't blame them.

"How d-did you do it, Hyung?" Changmin asked, breathing heavily as he grit his teeth in pain. 

Yunho had no clue what Changmin was talking about, and as much as he wanted the maknae to explain himself, he didn't want Changmin to exert himself anymore. Yunho saw how hard it was for Changmin to speak, and Yunho didn't want anything to be any harder for Changmin.

BoA ran her fingers through Changmin's hair, trying to provide some sort of comfort. She was surprised when a very tiny smile appeared on Changmin's face. 

Changmin looked to her. "I'm glad you're safe," he said weakly before coughing, his teeth and lips stained with blood.

"Changmin!" Yunho yelled as tears fell from his eyes. "Take it easy, okay?" The fact that Changmin was coughing up blood was a sign that Yunho had been trying to avoid.

His maknae was dying.

"Hyung," Changmin said to Yunho. "I-I'm sorry for e-everything."

Yunho shook his head. "You didn't do anything wrong," he replied. "Stop being overdramatic."

Changmin coughed again. "My family...can you tell them I love them? Can you tell K-Kyu and M-Minho that I love them...and I'm sorry to them also."

"Stop it, Min!" Yunho begged. "You're going to be fine!"

"Just..in case..." Changmin replied, his chest rising slower as he eyes began fluttering closed.

"Changmin!" BoA yelled, smacking at his face to keep him awake.

"Hurts," Changmin gasped, trying to keep his eyes open.

"I know it does," BoA said, finding it harder to speak with how much crying she was doing. "But the ambulance will be here soon and the doctors will help you feel better."

Changmin nodded weakly. "Okay," he whispered. He glanced over at Yunho, who was crying heavily, and it hurt Changmin even more to see that. "It's...okay," he said to Yunho. "Y-you're strong, Hyung." He smiled again. "Promise me...you w-won't hurt yourself a-again."

Yunho swallowed. He honestly didn't know what he would do if Changmin died. The only thing keeping Yunho from killing himself the first time he lost Changmin was because he knew he had to be there when Changmin came back. But if Changmin dies, Yunho didn't see what would stop him then. Changmin wouldn't come back, and Yunho didn't want to live a long life, knowing he'll just live everyday blaming himself for Changmin's death.

But it was at that moment that Yunho understood Changmin's question. How did you do it, Hyung? Changmin's way of asking Yunho how he was able to get shot, be left alone, and still be able to survive.

Yunho was pulled from his thoughts as he saw Changmin's eyes fluttering closed again. BoA took the initiative to wake up Changmin again, but even that was starting to not work.

"Changmin," Yunho said. "You know how I was able to do it?" he asked, tears still falling down his face as Changmin looked at him with glazed, half lidded eyes. "It's because I knew I couldn't give up. I had to keep fighting for you, just like you have to keep fighting for me. You can't leave me, Min! You can't leave any of us."

Changmin opened his mouth, as if struggling to say something. Yunho was starting to lean closer to Changmin in order to hear what he had to say, but instead, Changmin started coughing again.

BoA's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter