Home Sweet Home

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why does everyone feel the need to visit me so early in the morning?" Yunho mumbled to himself after hearing a knock at his door. He slowly made his way to the door. A smile appeared on his face as he opened it. "BoA," he addressed, gesturing for her to come inside.

"I don't understand why I don't have a key to this place yet," she teased as she plopped onto his couch. "With how many times I come over, a key for me sounds like a good idea."

Yunho pretended to ignore her comment as he noticed a photo album in her hands. "What's that?" he asked, pointing to it.

BoA smiled. "It's my gift to Changdola," she proudly answered. She patted the space next to her, telling Yunho to sit next to her.

Yunho quickly sat at her side. "You're giving him a photo album?"

BoA rolled her eyes. She opened the photo album and started flipping through the pages. "Changmin has been gone for a year," she said. "I thought he would like a book of memories. Maybe it'll help him." Yunho looked through the pictures with much interest. "Kyu helped me make it," BoA continued. "I even got some pictures from Changmin's sisters. It's not done yet. Do you have any pictures you think should be added in here?"

"Yeah," Yunho answered after thinking for a while. "Hold on," he said as he got up to leave.

BoA looked around the place, making sure everything was in order and clean for Changmin's return. She remembered how much of a neat-freak Changmin is.

"Here," Yunho suddenly appeared before her, holding out a small stack of pictures. "I found these pictures in Changmin's room in the old apartment. These ones I'm sure he'll love."

BoA happily took them. "Thank you," she replied. "I'll finish this before he gets back."

"Are you working today?" Yunho asked.

BoA nodded. "My manager wants me to start working on another English album," she answered. "But I'm going to come back afterwards so I can see Changmin. I'm so happy he's coming back!"

"Me too," Yunho replied with a small smile. This place could finally feel complete again.

BoA rose from the couch. "Have you eaten this morning?" she asked, reaching to fix a strand of Yunho's hair.

Yunho scoffed. "I'm fine," he said. "You worry way too much."

"You give me so many reasons to, Yunho!" BoA teased.

Yunho smiled. "Well you know me," he said. "I have to make everything exciting."

BoA smiled. "What time does Changmin get discharged?"

Yunho checked his watch. His eyes widened. "In an hour," he answered. He had completely lost track of time.

"Do you have his clothes?" BoA asked.

"Yeah," Yunho answered, running to Changmin's new bedroom. He walked back into the living room with a duffel bag a few seconds. "They're all in here," he announced proudly. Kyuhyun and Yunho had gone shopping after visiting Changmin at the hospital. Keeping their promise to him, they went out and bought a few clothes for Changmin.

"Good," Boa replied with a nod. "Now get over there" she commanded. "And if any time during the day you need help, you better call me. I don't care what my manager says about my album. I'll come and help, okay?"

Yunho smiled, thankful for BoA's help. "Okay," he replied. "Thank you." He grabbed his keys from off the coffee table in the living room.

BoA looked at him in worry as Yunho picked up his keys. She knew that with the amount of sleep he hadn't been getting, Yunho shouldn't be driving. It was obvious how tired Yunho was. The way he'd rub at his eyes. The amount of coffee he had begun to drink. The way bags had formed under his eyes. But she figured that with Changmin coming back, maybe now Yunho would be better.

"Drive safe," BoA said with a smile, hiding her worry. She knew that Yunho would hate her being worried.

Yunho nodded. "Make sure you finish that," he told her, pointing to the photo album.

BoA smiled before Yunho opened the door and left. 

Yunho ran into the hospital, dashing straight to Changmin's room. He had made a stop on the way, and he hadn't realized how much time that had taken up.

He ran to an elevator, pressing the "up" button as he anxiously waited for the door to open. Though it was just a few seconds, it felt like hours to Yunho as the door opened and he ran in, going straight to the third floor.

Room 325. Yunho quickly opened the door. It seemed like the Shim family had been waiting for him. "Good morning," he greeted. He came later than he said they would, and Yunho could tell they definitely noticed.

"Hyung," Changmin happily called out. There was a smile on his face, which made Yunho happy as well.

Yunho made his way to Changmin's bedside. "Min. How are you?"

"Better," Changmin answered. He bit his lip. "I...I almost thought you forgot to come."

"What?" Yunho asked, slightly shocked. "Why would you think that?"

Changmin looked down. "I don't know," he replied. "You're usually never late to anything...I guess I was just afraid..."

Yunho felt like the biggest jerk on the planet. He grabbed one of Changmin's hands, causing the younger one to look up at him. "Well I'm here now," Yunho told him, a reassuring smile appearing on his face. "I'm here to take you home...like I promised."

Changmin's face instantly brightened.

"Here are some clothes for you to change into," Yunho said, pulling out the clothes from the duffel bag and handing it to him. "Me and Kyu went shopping for you last night."

Changmin smiled as he started crawling out of bed. "Thank you," Changmin said as he finally got on his two feet. He made his way as quickly as he could to the bathroom and shut the door.

"Yunho," Jiyeon addressed him. She got closer to him and gave him a hug. "Thank you for volunteering to take care of Changmin."

"It's no problem," Yunho sincerely responded.

"We know he'll be in good hands with you," Mr. Shim said. "But please, don't stress yourself too much."

Yunho nodded. "I won't," he replied. "But I will make sure that Changmin gets the best help possible."

"Have you talked to SM about ever returning?" Mrs. Shim asked out of pure curiosity. She knew Changmin loved singing, but with the way he had been acting, a career in music no longer seemed plausible for him, but Mrs. Shim would hate for Yunho to give up his passion for performing as well, and everyone was sure that Changmin felt the same way.

Yunho sighed. "They said I can return when I'm ready," he answered. "I would like to go back to performing...but at the same time, I feel like I would need Changmin by my side. It just wouldn't feel right."

"So what are you going to do?" Sooyeon asked.

Yunho shrugged. "For now, I don't really know," he answered honestly. He hadn't given this subject much thought ever since Changmin was kidnapped.

Jiyeon smiled. "I'm sure whatever decision you make will be a good one," she said. "You should just follow your heart and go with that."

"Thanks," Yunho said.

The bathroom door opened, revealing a neatly dressed Changmin. His face could be seen clearly now that his long hair was tied into a ponytail. The shirt was long sleeve. Kyuhyun figured that with the various injuries covering Changmin's body, Changmin would prefer something to cover himself up.

"Does everything fit okay?" Yunho asked as Changmin made his way to the bed and sat down on the edge.

Changmin nodded as he started swinging his feet. "Thank you, Hyung."

Yunho smiled.

"I'll go sign the papers," Mr. Shim announced as he left the room.

Sooyeon walked up to Changmin. She began adjusting his tangled strands and the collar of his shirt. "I'm glad you're okay," she said. "Make sure you be good to Yunho."

Mrs. Shim came up behind Soo Yeon. "We'll be calling and visiting you to make sure you're doing okay,"

Jiyeon smiled. "We'll make sure Umma doesn't call TOO much," she promised with a wink. She turned to Yunho. "As long as you make sure he's healthy and he eats, I can trust you with him." She smiled.

"Oh I almost forgot," Yunho said as he reached into the duffel bag. He dug around until he pulled out a chocolate bar. "On my way here I made a stop. That's one of the reasons I'm late." He handed Changmin the chocolate. "It's your favorite."

Changmin gratefully took the chocolate. "Hyung," he said. "Thank you." He started to unwrap it and take small bites.

Yunho smiled at Changmin's reaction. 

Mr. Shim walked in along with Changmin's doctor. Yunho felt himself shrinking as the two older men looked at him with serious expressions on their faces.

"Yunho," the Doctor Kim called out. "Can we speak to you outside?"

Yunho nodded before giving Changmin a reassuring look that said, "I'll be right back," as he began to exit the room.

"Doctor Kim," Yunho said with a bow. "Is something wrong?"

Doctor Kim shook his head, allowing Yunho to release a sigh of relief. "I'm told that you will be taking care of Changmin?" he asked, which Yunho answered with a nod. "Okay," the doctor continued. "As of now, Changmin is still in a very weak state...he could get sick easily or the injuries sustained will put him in a lot of pain, which was why he was prescribed pain medication. The only reason why I'm letting him go home today is because he insisted to go back, so I need you to make sure he gets a lot of rest."

"I will," Yunho promised.

"As you were told yesterday, Changmin was most likely starved while in captivity," the doctor continued to explain. "Getting him to eat will be very difficult at this point, but you should do your best to get him to eat something. Start with gentle foods like soup or toast and work your way up."

Yunho just looked at the doctor, trying to absorb everything he heard. "I...I'll make sure he eats as well," he finally said after finding his voice. Changmin having difficulty eating was something that Yunho just couldn't imagine.

"Good," the doctor replied. He sighed. "We also need to talk about his...mental sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter