Forgiveness

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin scratched at his head. The simple talking about that night made Changmin uncomfortable. "It's been a couple of days but we're still a bit awkward between us," he answered. 

Dr. Cha nodded. "And what went through your head when that happened?" he asked. "Do you remember?"

Changmin shook his head. "I just remember feeling so confused," he said. "And Yunho...I knew that I was making him sad, but I couldn't stop. I kept yelling at him." Changmin buried his face in his hands. "I shouldn't have done that."

"But did Yunho forgive you?" Dr. Cha asked.

Changmin hesitated. He was sure that Yunho had forgiven him. The problem was, Changmin didn't think he deserved Yunho's forgiveness. Changmin finally nodded in answer. "After our fight, he hugged me," he said. "He hugged me and wouldn't let go. I think that's his way of saying that no matter what I did, he still cares for me." A small smile appeared on Changmin's face, an expression that looked awkward and forced. "He said I don't ever have to be worried about him being mad at me."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Dr. Cha asked, sensing a sad mood coming from his patient. "Isn't it a good thing that Yunho is always so willing to forgive you? It shows that he understands how hard everything must be for you right now."

Changmin bit his lip. "Back before...any of this happened...Yunho was always nice. He always forgave me too."

"But?" Dr. Cha said, knowing that there was more to Changmin's statement.

Changmin swallowed. "But even though he forgave me, he would still scold me or something." Changmin looked away. "And when I would apologize, he would acknowledge it, and have me explain why I apologized and what lesson I learned from it." Changmin always remembered Yunho doing that when they were younger, and how embarrassed Changmin was whenever Yunho did that. He felt like a toddler getting scolded by his father.

"But now ever since your kidnapping," Dr. Cha began. "He doesn't do any of that, does he?"

Changmin shook his head. "He just tells me that it's not my fault." He let out a sigh. "Then he tells me to stop apologizing for things that I can't control. While I appreciate him being gentle with me, I...I don't know. It just doesn't feel right that he's making all these excuses for me."

"Have you ever considered that just maybe, they're not excuses?" the doctor asked.

Changmin was caught off guard at the question. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"Yunho can't relate to everything you've been through," Dr. Cha pointed out. "But maybe he's at least wise enough to know that there are reasons behind your behavior; reasons you can't control."

Changmin didn't reply to that statement; he didn't know how to.

"Did you ever think about that?" Dr. Cha asked, worried about Changmin's sudden silence. 

Changmin bit his lip, shaking his head.

Dr. Cha nodded. "Why don't you have a talk with Yunho?" he suggested. "I'm sure it would be good for the both of you."

Changmin continued to be silent.

Dr. Cha smiled. "Your trial is coming up," he announced, causing Changmin's eyes to widen. "Why don't we spend a little time talking about that?"

"The detectives want to talk to me tomorrow," Yunho announced, trying to make an easy dinner for Changmin. "Kyuhyun will come tomorrow to be with you while I'm gone, okay?"

Changmin brought his knees to his chest as he sat at the dining table. On normal occasions he would have scoffed and demanded that Yunho stop treating him like a child who needed to be taken care of all day everyday. But Changmin swallowed as he remembered that he really did need someone by him all the time. He really almost was like a child.

"Okay," Changmin replied. It had been two whole days since his last outburst. He was still suffering from the embarrassment though. "Why do they need to see you?"

Yunho shrugged. "I'm not sure, Min," he answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter