Progress

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you didn't really know Changmin and Kyuhyun, you would think that they hated each other.

Their friendship was characterized by constant teasing and competition.

But underneath all their harsh behavior, laid a love so deep.

To Kyuhyun, Changmin was the little brother he never had, even though the taller one was only a few days younger. That's why when Changmin was returned to them after what felt like the longest year of their lives, Kyuhyun wanted nothing more than to lock Changmin up somewhere so that nobody could ever hurt him again. Changmin would be protected, and Kyuhyun would never lose him again.

But Kyuhyun knew how ridiculous that was, especially since he knew that no one could save Changmin from his own mind.

So when Kyuhyun woke up to Changmin blood-curdling screams, Kyuhyun decided he would easily give up everything he had if it meant Changmin was okay.

Changmin was completely covered in sweat. He was tossing and turning, and his face was scrunched up as tears fell from his closed eyes.

Kyuhyun had seen this once before, and he didn't want it to happen again. He gently shook Changmin's shoulder, not wanting to be too rough with waking up the younger one, for fear of scaring him even more. "Changmin!" he yelled. "Wake up!"

Changmin began fighting Kyuhyun's hands, still stuck in his nightmare.

Their room door was violently shoved open, revealing the sleepy, yet concerned figures of Leeteuk and Sungmin. "What's going on?" the leader asked as he approached the two. The rest of the members of Super Junior began filing into the room as well, hiding their tired faces with the look of sincere worry.

"He's having a really bad dream, I think," Kyuhyun rushed out. 

Leeteuk saw Changmin's sweaty form before leaving the room.

Changmin gasped as his eyes quickly opened. His body was shaking, and it was clear how scared out of his mind he was. He quickly sat up, trying to distance himself from the crowd that seemed to tower over him.

"Hey," Kyuhyun gently whispered. "It's okay. We're not going to hurt you. Do you know where you are?"

With wide eyes and rapid breaths, Changmin scanned the room, before snaking his arms around Kyuhyun's waist.

Kyuhyun's eyes widened at the contact. He could feel Changmin's entire body shaking. What did you dream about, Min? Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Changmin, muttering soothing words while rubbing Changmin's back.

Leeteuk returned, slowly approaching Changmin. He had a wet cloth in his hand. Changmin squeezed his eyes shut as Leeteuk brought the cloth to his face. "There," Leeteuk said as he dabbed Changmin's face. "Doesn't that feel good?"

Changmin's only response was a whimper. 

"Changmin," Kyuhyun said. "You know you're always safe here, right?"

A few more tears fell from Changmin's eyes. He held Kyuhyun tighter, trying to get his panic under control. They're alive. Everyone's here.

"Take deep breaths, Changmin," Kyuhyun commanded. 

"Kyu-" Changmin struggled to say.

"Shh," Leeteuk said gently. "Just focus on relaxing. Don't be scared. We're here for you."

Changmin remained silent.

"Calm down for me, okay?" Kyuhyun asked. "Everything's alright."

Changmin started sobbing again as he tried to push the memories of his dream away.

"What happened, Changmin?" Siwon asked gently. 

Changmin didn't respond; a lump in his throat forming as he attempted to speak.

Kyuhyun started running his fingers through Changmin's hair, not caring how sweaty Changmin's hair was. Instead, he was extremely worried. Was Changmin's dream that bad that he was sweating this much? Shaking this much? "Changmin," Kyuhyun said gently. "How about we get you out of this shirt? You're so sweaty. It must be uncomfortable."

Changmin swallowed before quickly shaking his head.

"Why not?" Kyuhyun asked. He turned to Ryeowook. "Can you go to his bag and get him another shirt, please?"

Ryeowook nodded, heading to Changmin's duffel bag in the room.

"N-no," Changmin muttered when Ryeowook handed the shirt to Kyuhyun.

"Why not?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I don't...I don't want you to see me," Changmin muttered again.

The Super Junior members had to make sure they heard Changmin correctly before they looked to each other in confusion. 

"What do you mean?" Leeteuk asked kindly.

Changmin remained silent, trying to hide his face from everybody.

"Min," Kyuhyun said once he was able to piece together what Changmin was trying to say. "Do you mean the scars?"

Changmin looked up to Kyuhyun before nodding in shame. "They're really bad," he choked, not even questioning how Kyuhyun would have known about them.

Kyuhyun sighed. He had already seen Changmin's scars, but the younger one wouldn't know that, Kyuhyun realized. Changmin wasn't completely conscious during that time. "Changmin," Kyuhyun said. "How about you change your shirt while none of us are looking, okay?" he suggested.

Changmin hesitated. "O-okay," he finally said.

"We'll go back to our rooms then," Leeteuk said.

"N-no," Changmin quickly replied in panic. "St-stay. Please," he begged. "Don't leave. Not yet."

"Okay," Leeteuk said. "We'll all stay. We'll just turn around, okay?"

Changmin nodded.

Kyuhyun slowly unwrapped his arms around Changmin. It took a while for the younger one to do the same, seeing as how he still had a vice grip on Kyuhyun and wasn't yet ready to let go. 

Changmin accepted the shirt from Kyuhyun. Once he saw that everyone was looking away from him, he quickly took off his shirt and put on his new one. "I'm done," he muttered, causing everyone to turn around and face him again.

"Do you think you can go back to sleep?" Leeteuk asked Changmin, who quickly shook his head. That didn't surprise Leeteuk, or any of them, at all.

"But you need to sleep," Kyuhyun said gently as he ran his fingers through Changmin's hair. "We don't want you getting sick again." Changmin didn't respond, so Kyuhyun continued. "Here. Lay down."

Changmin reluctantly obeyed. He laid down before Kyuhyun copied his actions and did the same. 

"Hyung," Changmin said to Leeteuk in a quiet voice. "I woke everyone up, didn't I?" he asked. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Changmin," Leeteuk said gently with smile. "Just relax. You know what to do when you need us."

Changmin only nodded before he watched the other members leave the room, leaving him and Kyuhyun alone. He opened his mouth to stop Shindong from turning out the light, but couldn't get himself to actually talk.

"Go to sleep, Min," Kyuhyun said softly. "I'm right here. You don't need to be scared."

Changmin swallowed. "Kyuhyun?" he said, earning a hum from the older one. "Can you turn on the lamp?"

"Of course," Kyuhyun answered, reaching over to turn on the lamp at his bed side. "Better?" he asked. Changmin nodded.

"Good," Kyuhyun replied. He started Changmin's hair. "Close your eyes." It took Changmin a while. The two of them stared into each other's eyes before Changmin's eyes gently slid shut. "I know you're still a little afraid to fall asleep, but just try. You shouldn't have reason to be afraid because all of your hyungs are here to protect you. You know that, right?"

Changmin nodded, his eyes still closed. He didn't want to be scared, but the sudden paranoia of Super Junior risking their lives to protect him only seemed to scare Changmin even more. He sighed, scooting closer to Kyuhyun before trying to force himself to fall asleep.

BoA slowly opened her eyes, first looking to Kangta sleeping in the chair beside her before turning to Yunho, who was soundly asleep as well. She smiled at the sight. Compared to the completely stressed out Yunho from earlier, the current Yunho seemed so carefree. 

She let out a huge sigh as she recalled the day's events after Changmin had basically been forced and dragged out of the hospital room. BoA thought it was cute, the way Changmin would always rely on Yunho and cling to him. But she would always frown after remembering that Changmin shouldn't be that way in the first place. He shouldn't always be scared. He shouldn't be dependent on others. He never was, until he was brutally kidnapped and tortured in more ways than one.

Though she was mad and disappointed in Yunho for landing himself in the hospital, she understood why Yunho had stressed himself out in the first place. And it wasn't his fault he was stressed. It wasn't Changmin's fault either, and BoA wished that the maknae would get that fact through his thick skull. No one was to blame, except the monsters that took Changmin from them.

BoA swallowed the lump in before remembering why she had woken up in the first place. 

She really wanted something to drink.

She looked at Yunho and Kangta again before quietly leaving the room, not wanting to wake either of them from their sleep. As she entered the hallway, BoA could tell that it was still late at night. A few nurses were quietly strolling the hallway, looking as if they were about to leave the floor. It seemed as if BoA was the only visitor left in the hospital as well. That made sense, technically visiting hours were over and she and Kangta shouldn't be there. But the hospital staff had no choice but to let them two of them stay after they made it clear that there was no way they'd leave Yunho by himself.

BoA just kept walking until she spotted a vending machine. "Finally," she muttered as she slowly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter