Day 15: My confession!

The Prince of VENOA

 

My arms crossed, I watched as the last of the footage came to an end. I don’t know how my servants manage to gather so many information about Park, in moving pictures nonetheless. It was fascinating, watching Park in that little black box. I knew she wasn’t really in there, I’m not that dumb, but I couldn't help but check the back of the box once in a while. Just to make sure she really wasn’t there...

Ahh! But what the hell am I thinking?  That’s the least of my concern here. Park’s secret identity has been revealed and I was not sure how to feel. Should I be angry? Or worried? Or happy? Honestly, I was feeling slightly light headed. I stood up to leave. I needed to get out of here before I faint. I needed to think...

“My prince, where are you going?” DS asked when I walked past him.

“Out. Don't follow me.” I replied curtly.

I took a deep breath once I was outside. I didn't know where I was heading to; all I knew was that I needed to clear my head. I heard footsteps behind me and smiled inwardly. I knew he would follow me regardless of my orders... Maybe it was for the best, at least there’s someone I can talk to...

“VI...”

“Yes, my prince...” He said, falling in step beside me.

I sighed and turned to look at him. “Explain to me what Park is again. She’s not a princess because...”

“Because Korea does not follow that system my prince. This land does not have a king and queen my prince, like our world. The head of this state is called a president, and Park is the president’s eldest daughter, which is why she is known as ‘first daughter’.” VI explained.

“That means everyone knows her.”

“Yes, my prince. She is quite popular with the male population of Korea. Word has it that she’s been dubbed as ‘Korea’s Barbie doll’.” VI continued.  “It’s the most beautiful doll ever made my prince...” He added when he saw the confused look on my face.

“Well, no surprise there then...” I replied with a smile. “Is that why she wears a cap to class? To hide her identity?”

“Actually my prince, according to that young man’s thoughts, she’s not supposed to be there...”

I stopped walking, and frowned at VI. “What do you mean?”

“My prince, she’s not supposed to be at the university. That young man has been sneaking her out to class every day. My guess is that her father does not allow her to study music.” VI said thoughtfully.

“Argh! This is getting even more complicated!” I exclaimed in exasperation. “What am I going to do VI?”

“Err... my prince...” VI stuttered. “I’m not sure. Maybe you should talk to her. May I remind you that there’s only fifteen more days left?”

I rolled my eyes and hit the back of his head soundly. “Don't you think I know that?! There’s still so much to do! And I don't even know if she likes me... If I can’t convince her to come back with us, I won’t be able to sit on my father’s throne...” I said dejectedly.

“My prince, you don't have to worry about her not liking you. If she doesn’t like you, she wouldn’t be running towards you right now...” VI said with a small smile.

“What?” I said in confusion. I watched as he focused his eyes on something just over my shoulder. I slowly turned around, and sure enough, there was Park running towards me, her face covered by that hideous cap she just refused to take off.

“TOP!” She said breathlessly once she reached me. I narrowed my eyes at the man standing beside her, hating how good looking he was. There was no doubt in my mind that he was smitten by Park. Why is he always with her? Why can’t he just leave her alone?

“Park... Bom.” I said, deciding to reveal the fact that I know her secret.

Her eyes widened in surprise at the mention of her first name. She cleared and flashed me a small smile. “You know...” She simply said.

“I know... enough.” I replied. “Why didn't you tell me?”

“Wait a minute, how did you know?” She asked, her brow creased in confusion.

“Tell her you saw her on that little black box.” VI whispered behind me.

“I saw you on the little black box.” I repeated what VI said.

“Little black box?”

“TV, my prince!”

“TV! I saw you on TV!” I said quickly.

“Oh... I’m sorry...” Park said, her head hung low. “I wanted to tell you myself... I mean, you seemed like such a nice guy. I just... I didn't know why I never did. I guess I was scared...”

“Of me?”

“No! Not you! I was scared that if I told you, someone might find out...” She said quietly. “I’m studying at the university without my father knowing. Yonghwa here has been helping me. If it leaks out that I’m there, my father will kill me. Since you already know my name, I’m sure you are also aware of the fact that my father is the president of South Korea...”

“My lady, is it wise to tell this guy everything about you?” Yonghwa asked, running his eyes over me in... is that disgust on his face? Is this guy for real? Can I please smack him?

“It’s ok Yonghwa. He already knows... What he doesn’t know, I’m pretty sure he’ll find out from the media...” Park replied. She looked at me, her face apologetic. “Please forgive me TOP. I didn't mean it to turn out this way. I was really scared. You don't understand what it feels like to be the centre of everyone’s attention.”

I heard VI snickering behind me, and I too, tried to suppress the smile that threatened to appear on my face. She had no idea how wrong she was...  Maybe it’s time I tell her who I really am. I have to do it sooner or later anyway... Why not now?

“Park, do you think I can talk to you for a while... alone?” I said, glancing at the young man beside her.

“Uhh...”

“My lady, it’s getting late. I should really get you home. It’s not safe here...” He interrupted.

“Hey! Dude, can you lay off her for a second?” I glared at him. With just a snap of my fingers, I can drill holes into his forehead. VI must’ve sensed my anger, and he hurriedly placed his hand on my shoulder, as if trying to warn me.

“Excuse me! But there are plenty of other girls for you to flirt with! Why her? Why do you want Korea’s first daughter?” He exclaimed.

“What’s it to you?” I yelled in annoyance. “And how the hell was I to know she’s the president’s daughter? On top of that, how dare you speak to me that way! I would not have you speak to me that way! Bow to me and apologize you fool!” Uh-oh, was that my prince complex talking? Crap...

He looked at me weirdly and snorted. “Uhh sorry, I don't bow to guys who can’t dress properly. Especially not to guys who have nicknames like TOP.”

“Why you little...!”

“And how could you not know she’s the president’s daughter? Aren’t you Korean?” He eyed me suspiciously. “You look Korean...”

“She has been covering her hair with that hideous cap! How was I supposed to know?”

“But TOP, you saw me without my cap many times before. You still couldn't recognize me?” Park said, her brow furrowed.

“I was uhh...” I stuttered nervously. What am I going to say now?

“Tell her you just came to Korea my prince. Tell her you’ve lived all your life overseas.” VI whispered.

“Yes yes. I just came to Korea. I have lived my entire life over in another planet.” I said, nodding my head.

“Another planet?” Park and her bodyguard questioned at the same time.

“Overseas my prince.”

“Overseas! I have lived my entire life overseas!” I said, correcting my mistake. That was close!  

“Oh...” Park said in understanding.

“C’mon Park... Please... just 5 minutes.” I said, jutting out my lower lip for effect. Not to brag or anything, but in Venoa, girls have fainted when they see me doing this... And they don’t wake up until 2 days later. Cute right?

“My lady...”

“Ok. 5 minutes.” Park nodded her head.

“My prince, pretend someone called you and walk away so we can talk. We need to talk. I know what you are about to do but is it wise my prince? To tell her who you really are while that man is here?” VI said urgently.

I pondered over his question. He did have a point... I mean, she’s going to receive the biggest shock of her life and she might just tell him everything... I don't want him to know... Yeah, VI is right. I shouldn’t do it now... I need to take her somewhere where we’ll be alone, and then I’ll tell her... But for now, there is something I can tell her...

“Bom...” I started.

“Hold on? What did you just say?” She said, her face lit up by her smile.

“I said... Bom. That is your name right? Or do u want me to still call you Park?” I said, with a raise of my eyebrow.

She giggled and shook her head. “No, Bom is fine. I like the way you say my name...”

I winked, ignoring the gagging face her bodyguard was doing behind her back. “You better get used to it...”

“What is it that you wanted to tell me?” She asked, laughter on her lips.

I leaned in closer and placed my lips on her beautifully plump cheek. I pulled away seconds later and smiled at her. “I think... Park Bom, I like you...”



 

Chapter Posted on: Feb. 19. 2013

 

I was going to wait until I reach 50 subscribers but then I thought, it wouldn't really be fair to my other readers so anyways! Here's another chapter for you guys!!!! ^^ Please enjoy! Don't forget to comment! For those who have not subscribe, please please do! =D I stayed up just to finish this! Hehe...