Day 25: Convincing Park Bom

The Prince of VENOA

“So how do I look?” I asked as I twirled in front of VI like a ballet dancer. If I may say so myself, not only do I looked regal, I looked stunning. The ruffles around my neck and wrists were perfectly puffed and ruffled, and I couldn't have asked for a more flowery vest, or a more neon one. My red skin tight pants were the perfect clash to my thigh high black laced boots, and my sword couldn't have been sharper. All in all, I looked absolutely perfect and there won’t be anyone who could outshine me there tonight. I swear on my awesomely done hair.

Although, it wouldn’t hurt to get a second opinion.

“How do I look VI?”

I thought he looked slightly boggled at my choice of attire before he wiped the expression completely off his face, and smiled at me. It was a strange smile, but then, everything about VI was strange. I’m surprised I kept him this long with me.

“Simply dashing my prince.” He replied, with me being too absorbed in my outfit to notice the sarcasm in his tone. If I had noticed, I would have definitely pointed it out.

I raised my eyebrow at him. “Simply?”

“Uhh, exquisitely dashing my prince.” He tried again.

I smiled smugly at him, and returned to staring at my reflection in the mirror. That was what I thought. I was the definition of perfection. Heck, the word ‘perfect’ never even existed before I was born!

“Great. Then I’m ready.” I said, nodding my head. It was time to win Park Bom over once again, and I just hoped to goodness that GD’s grasp on the art of transfiguration, is better than VI’s. I mean, it wouldn’t do if he transformed into a troll or something, and not Miss Venoa 2005.

YB and DS walked in, before they screeched to a halt at the entrance to my room, a deafening squeal coming out of DS’s mouth. I looked at him, startled, before the horrifying expression on YB’s face caught my attention.

“What what?” I said, panicked. “Did something die on my face? Oh my God! Is there a dead spider on my shoulder?!?!” I screamed, before proceeding to thrash wildly around the room, until I crashed into all my servants.

“What is going on?!” GD exclaimed, suddenly making an appearance in my room. He pulled me up to my feet, and a scream of terror escaped his lips. What in the world was going on?! Why do they all scream when they look at me? Am I that good looking that they just couldn’t contain their excitement?!

“Goodness gracious my prince! What in Venoa’s name are you wearing?” DS cried when he finally stood up.

I brushed my frilled overcoat off of any dust, and frowned at him. “This DS, is my finest suit! Don’t tell me you haven’t seen it! I’ve worn it before during a Ball in Venoa!”

“My prince.” YB hurriedly said. “It is... completely acceptable to wear this in Venoa my prince, but not on Earth.”

“What are you talking about? This is made of the finest silk and gold of Venoa!”

“That may be true my prince, but here on Earth, this fashion trend has been outdated for about 3000 years or so.” DS explained. “It is not wise to go to Annual Ball looking like this my prince.”

“You!” I screeched, pointing my long slender finger in VI’s direction. “You said I look exquisitely dashing in this!”

“You do my prince!”

“VI, stop playing around.” YB said with a frown. He made his way to the living room before returning with a black suit in his hand. “This my prince, is what you want. Giorgio Armani’s 2014 collection. The perfect suit for you.”

I stared uninterestedly at it, and scrunched up my nose. “But it’s so plain! And so monotone! It’s like... black all over! I thought we were supposed to dress up!”

“Uhh, I believe there is another Ball where you can actually dress up my prince.”

“Isn’t it called a masquerade ball?” GD wondered.

“Urgh! Whatever.” I rolled my eyes. “Now quickly get me in that suit. But I swear YB, if I look like everyone else...”

“Everyone else may be wearing similar attires my prince, but rest assured that none would be as good looking as you. Park Bom would be highly impressed my prince.”

“You better be right.” I said to him before I glared at VI. “How dare you play with me VI!”

“I wasn’t playing my prince! You do look dashing in your previous suit!” VI replied, cowering slightly in fright.

“Well, how do I look now?” I asked when YB finished tying a black tie around my neck. I looked plainer than I was before, but I guess that couldn't be helped. If I wanted to capture Park Bom’s heart, and if this was the best suit out there, then so be it. Besides, I could make anything look good. Because I am that perfect.

“Handsomely dashing my prince.” VI complimented with a grin.

I furrowed my brow at him. “I thought I was exquisitely dashing! Now what’s it going to be VI?!”

“Uhh, all of the above?” He meekly replied.

I narrowed my eyes at him, before I let out a small laugh. “For once VI, you haven’t disappointed me with your answer.”

“Yes my prince.”

“Now c’mon. Let’s go.” I said, motioning for them to follow me. “I don't want to be late.”

“Maybe it’s best if we wait for YB to return my prince.” GD said.

“What? Where did he go? I don't want to be late!”

“There are times my prince, when being late is not such a bad thing. I believe the term is called fashionably late.” DS elaborated. “He went to the ball to see if Park Bom has arrived. That way, when you finally arrive, she would be there to see you in all your glory, along with Miss Venoa 2005 of course.”

“Speaking of which, GD, why haven’t you transfigure yourself yet?” I asked, peering at him.

“Right my prince. I was waiting for your approval.” GD replied before he stood up. He twirled in front of me, and with a click of his fingers out appeared Miss Venoa 2005, wearing a floor length blue puffy dress. I gotta say, Miss Venoa 2005 looked better than what I remembered, and for that one brief moment, I wondered why I went into all the troubles of coming to Earth to look for a bride. But Park Bom’s smiling face suddenly came to mind, and the thought vanished. Because Park Bom was totally worth all the hassle.

“Should I go with this blue dress my prince? Or this red one?” GD asked. He clicked his fingers once again, before the blue dress changed into a red laced dress. My other servants exclaimed in delight, and I smiled satisfactorily.

“Definitely the red one.” I said as I stood up. I glanced at the clock above the door and tapped my foot impatiently. Where was YB?

“Right here my prince.” YB suddenly appeared beside me, and bowed. “She’s arrived at the hotel ballroom my prince. Wearing a gray suit and the cap.”

“Again with the cap?” I said incredulously. “It doesn’t go with the suit!”

“You look beautiful GD.” YB grinned at his long time friend.

“Doesn’t he? Or she?” I chuckled. “Now c’mon. Let’s go.”

When we reached the doorway that would lead us to the ballroom, I stopped short. Don't let my servants know but I was trying to catch my breath. What if the plan backfires? What if Park Bom doesn’t think I look good enough? What if Park Bom runs away from me again? I can’t have that!

“My prince, you are good enough.” GD whispered as we made our way into the ballroom. “She’ll fall for you my prince. Don't you worry. Where is the courage that you so often boast about my prince?”

“Honestly GD, I don't know myself.” I replied with a shrug. “I can stare into the eyes of a tiger and not flinch but with Park Bom, I feel as if my courage withers at the mere sight of her.”

“You are stronger than that my prince. We believe in you.” DS said from the back.

My bottom lip quivered, and I shut my mind from them for a little while. For a second, I regretted ever putting my servants into so much trouble. They had done so much for me, I wish I appreciated their efforts a little bit more. Yes, even VI. Though he can sometimes be a pain in the , he was still as loyal as the others, maybe even more. They have stuck by me through thick and thin, and I have never been anywhere without them. This sudden wave of emotion was overwhelming, and I swallowed the sobs that threatened to escape my lips.

“Ok, enough with the soapiness. Our prince looks like he’s about to cry.” VI whispered. “And Park Bom’s heading this way! My prince, hurry up and grab GD for a dance! And say something sweet!”

I cleared my throat and quickly pulled GD into my arms, as strange as it was. “My lady!” I said as romantically as I could, “have I ever told you that your beauty tonight could not outshine even a thousand suns?”

GD giggled in a very lady-like way, and the rest of my servants laughed. I was close to laughing myself, but I can see Park Bom practically running towards me, so all I could do was smile, and hoped that it looked as genuine as I would like it to be.

“My prince!” He said, slapping my shoulder lightly. “Don’t. I’m embarrassed as it is. I don't deserve your company my prince.”

“Who says you don't?” I asked, twirling GD in my arms. “You are a beautiful lady, and I love beautiful ladies.”

“My prince! What are you doing? You are supposed to sound charming! Not like a Casanova!” VI exclaimed from the back.

“Casa what?” I murmured just as Park Bom reached me. She had a very intense look in her eyes and I gulped nervously. She doesn’t look extremely happy. Does that mean our plan was working?

“TOP! Who’s this?” She asked, jutting her chin towards GD.

“Park Bom, I didn't see you there.” I drawled.

“Don't make me ask again. Who’s this TOP?”

“This, not that it’s any of your concern, is Miss Venoa 2005, Han Chae Young.” I said, introducing what was supposedly GD to Park Bom.

“What is she doing here?” Bom asked through gritted teeth. I see Park Bom eyeing GD distastefully, and I inwardly grinned. She was jealous, and I’ve never been happier.

“Why can’t she be here Park Bom? I told my father that I couldn't find a wife here on Earth and since I do have approximately 5 more days left, I told him why not send me a Venoan female? Might as well enjoy my last few days here as a bachelor since one particular lady refuses to be my bride.”

“TOP! I haven’t refused anything. I just need more time!” Park Bom exclaimed in frustration.

“I don't have time Bom.” I said as I pulled her to a quieter area. “I only have 5 more days.”

“TOP, you’re asking me to leave everything behind, to leave Earth behind, just so I can be with you. TOP, I... I love you but I don't think I can just get up and go, even for you. This is big!”

“Can’t you at least give me a chance? I’m not saying that once you go to Venoa, you’ll be there forever. We can still come down to Earth for a visit once a month. You can still see your father, and your friends.”

“TOP... I don't know...” Park Bom replied hesitantly.

“Please... give me a chance.” I said softly. “I can and will do everything for you.”

“That’s so sweet of you...”

“Please Park Bom...”

“Give me until tomorrow. Let me think this through again?” Park Bom requested.

“Ok, but don't take too long. I don't have that much time.” I replied just as she walked away.

“Looks like she’s almost on board my prince.” YB said convincingly.

“You think so?”

“Almost 70 percent. But my prince, you lied to her.” DS said quietly. “You know she can’t return to Earth once she comes with us. Only you can.”

“Yeah well, she doesn’t need to know that yet.” I replied inaudibly. “Not until it’s almost time to go...”

I will let her know. Just not yet. 


Chapter Posted on: Sept. 25. 2014

Next chapter is up! And OMG! I have 100 subscribers!!!!! Thank you so much to everyone who subscribed! I love each and everyone of you! But don't forget to leave comments as well ok? Happy reading! =D