DAY 11: Stuck in a cable car with Park! Help!

The Prince of VENOA

 

My eyes snapped wide open, and a smile made its way onto my beautiful and flawless face. Today... today is the day that I will have my date with Park. Today, at exactly 10 am, my date with Park will commence and I... I am so happy. I am so happy that I have taken up the habit of repeating my words. Snap out of it SeungHyun! It’s just a date!

“My prince, it’s not just a date.” Someone suddenly said from my right.

I jumped literally a foot in the air (how is that even possible when I’m lying down on my bed?!) before I turned to my right, the grin on VI’s face greeting me.

“What are you doing in my chamber VI?” I asked with a frown. “And don’t you know it’s rude to intrude into other people’s thoughts?”

“What is with the frown my prince?” VI smirked. “I thought you were happy just a few seconds ago.”

“Urgh... Shut up and leave me alone.” I said, getting out of bed. “Where are the others?”

“Everyone else is downstairs my prince. I have been instructed by YB to take you down. We bought something for you.” VI said.

“Can it wait? I have to get ready for my date later with Park.”

“No my prince. YB said I must bring you down as soon as possible.” VI replied.

I raised my eyebrow. “Excuse me but may I remind you that I am the prince, not YB?  And you’re crazy! I’m not going to go down in my robe.”

“Your robe is made out of gold threads my prince. I’m pretty sure it’s fine. No one will stare my prince. It’s only 6 in the morning.” VI said as he ushered me out the door.

I protested really loudly, I mean, a prince should not go out in public wearing a robe! That is unheard of! Even though the robe is made of gold! Before I could utter another word, he was already pushing me into the elevator. I mean, really? This is not the way a prince should be treated!

“VI! What is the meaning of all this?!” I exclaimed in annoyance. “Please explain to me why I’m in the elevator at 6 in the morning wearing only my robe? I demand an explanation!”

“Ahh... there you are, my prince. I was beginning to wonder...” YB said when the door opened, giving VI no chance to explain.

“YB! What is going on?!” I asked, perplexed.

He smiled at me. What the hell? Why is he smiling at me? This is starting to get really weird and I’m not sure I like it. He led me outside, still without telling me why, to where my other servants were waiting.

“Surprise!” GD and DS yelled in excitement.

I furrowed my brow in confusion. Surprise? What surprise? I peeked behind DS and GD and upon seeing nothing, my furrow deepened. Was this some sort of a joke? “Err... what?”

“Yah! Show him what we got for him!” YB said to DS exasperatedly.

“Oh right!” DS said before snapping his fingers. Almost immediately, a big red vehicle appeared behind DS and GD and my jaw dropped open. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, apart from Park of course. But wait a minute, a car?

“You guys got me a car?” I asked after a while of silence.

“It was VI’s idea!” GD quickly said as YB and DS nodded their head in agreement. Hmm... they must’ve noticed the confused look I had on my face.

“My prince. This is not just a car! This is a Ferrari! It will help you impress Park. Don't you want to capture her heart my prince?” VI asked me.

“But VI! It’s a car! How do you expect me to drive this thing? I can’t even comfortably sit in one and now you want me to drive it?!”

VI shook his head, a smile on his face. I stared at him dumbfounded. Is he mocking me? “My prince. You seem to have forgotten the fact that we are Venoans. Venoans can do anything can we not?”

“Are you saying I should use my power to drive the car?” I asked in astonishment. The boy did have a point. I mean, why didn't I think of it before? Ahh... must be all the love I have for Park that was making me a bit slow... Yes, that must be it.

“Exactly my prince!” VI exclaimed, energetically nodding his head. “You’ll just have to... pretend you’re driving.”

It took a while for me to process, before my face broke into a huge smile. Yes, it is a good idea! And the car is nothing like the boring black one GD drives... Yes, this could work! The boy is a genius! Not that I’d tell him of course. His ego might explode. I do not want that...

“VI, for once, you are useful.” I complimented him... well, sort of.

“Thank you my prince.” VI said with a bow. “I think you should go get ready now. Don't want to keep the lady waiting now do we?”

Exactly an hour later, I drove the car to school. I gotta say, people were staring at me... in awe as I drove. Now that’s the respect I was looking for. Maybe it was the car, or maybe it was me (I’d like to think it was me), that was making them stare. Well, whatever. I’m used to it. So it shouldn’t in any way surprise me... right?

“My prince, we will go back to the hotel now.” YB said as soon as we arrived at school.

“What why?”

“You don't want us to follow you on your date... do you?” DS asked.

“Of course you should follow me! You can’t leave me with Park alone!” I exclaimed, horrified.

“But my prince, don't you want a little privacy?” VI then asked.

I rolled my eyes. “What do you think I’m going to do with her VI? It’s only our first date! Not everyone is like you, you know!”

“Err... so what do you suggest we do my prince?” GD queried.

“As usual. Stay invisible and tell me stuff.” I replied. “Quick! Hide yourself! Park is coming!” I said when I saw Park approaching me. Hurriedly, I ran my fingers through my hair. I had to make sure every strand is perfect. I mean, if I had to be completely honest, I am perfection at its finest... just saying...

“Hi!” Park said once she arrived.

My breath caught in my throat as I stared at her, wide-eyed. She had decided to let her hair down for today and she was just... breathtakingly beautiful. I mean, to be beautiful is one thing, but to be breathtakingly so... I felt as if someone knocked all air out of me, leaving me breathless and... what the hell is this wet thing running down my chin?

“My prince! You’re drooling!” GD said in panic.

“Quickly my prince! Wipe your drool before she sees it!” YB then added.

“Uhh... TOP, are you ok? You uhh... have something on your chin.” Park said with a smile.

Horrified, I ran my thumb over my chin as discreetly as I could as my cheeks flushed red. Way to go Choi SeungHyun! You didn't just embarrass yourself in front of Park, you did it in front of your servants as well! Is this how a prince should act? Bravo!

“I’m fine.” I said after finding my voice. I smiled at her, telling myself to keep my cool. In truth, I was shaking all over inside. If I was shapeless, I would’ve melted into a pool by her feet. In fact, I was wondering if the ground beneath my feet would open and swallow me up. Yes, I was that embarrassed...

“Is this your car?” She gushed excitedly.

You have no idea how glad I was that she changed the topic...

“Yeah. I just got it! You like it?” I said with a smile.

“Are you kidding me? I love it!” She grinned. “Shall we go? There are so many places I want to take you to!”

“Yeah sure!” I said with a nod. I made my way to the passenger side, and opened the door for her. Yes, I practice common courtesy. I’m not completely selfish you know!

“Yah! DS, get your off my thighs!” GD screeched from the back seat.

“YB, you’re crushing me!” I then heard VI yelled.

“So, what do you have planned today?” I asked Park loudly, drowning the voices of my servants. Yes, it’s a bit tight at the back, but they didn't have to shout it out to the world. They were so loud I was afraid Park might hear!

“Why don't we go to Namsan Tower first? It’s just around the corner.” She replied, again blinding me with her smile.

I smiled at her too and we lapsed into a comfortable silence, despite the groans and grumbles of my idiotic servants. Being in her presence was enough for me, not to mention her strawberry scented hair smelled so good that if I wasn’t sane, I would’ve probably ate it. I’m weird. I know...

Just as we reached the tower, I saw her taking a cap out from her bag and my brows furrowed in confusion.

“What’s the cap for?” I asked as I parked the car. Thank Heavens for my power!

“Oh... erm. I... just don't want to mess my hair.” She replied, somewhat nervously.

“You’re lying. There’s something you’re not telling me.” I said, my eyes narrowed. My tone was accusing, but I couldn't help it. I don't like it when people hide stuff from me!

She chuckled just as she fixed the cap on her head. “It’s a long story TOP. I’ll tell you some other time ok?”

“My prince. It’s wise if you let it go now... You don't want to fight on your first date do you?” YB said quietly from the back seat.

I suppressed my annoyance, yes, I was annoyed that she kept something from me... Like I said, I have prince syndrome... and forced a smile.

“Sounds like you already have our next meeting in mind...” I said with a wink.

“Maybe I have...” She replied, sticking out her tongue at me childishly before climbing out of the car. Can I just say that the butterflies in my stomach multiplied tenfold when she did that?

“So this is Namsan Tower. Let’s go take a cable car and go up.” She said, pointing at something in the distance.

I nodded my head, not knowing exactly what she was talking about. All I knew was I wanted to be next to her, close to her at all times.

“Wait a minute! Where are we? And what is this thing we’re riding?” I asked a while later in a state of panic. We were in line for something just moments ago and now we’re in this... box thing and I’m two steps away from her. I don't like the fact that I’m confined in such a small crowded place but today somehow... I don't mind at all... If I were to move, our noses would brush. Eeik!

“This is a cable car.”

My heart was beating really loudly against my ribcage and I wondered if she could hear it. Up close, I could see flecks of gold in her bright brown eyes, and my knees buckled at our close proximity. This thing better reach up there soon!

Out of a sudden, the cable car jerked and came to a complete stop... Park stumbled and, oh my God! She fell right into my arms! Oh goodness! Ok SeungHyun! Breathe!

“Are you ok?” I asked, concerned.

She straightened and nodded her head. “I’m fine. What happened?”

“I don't know... The thing just suddenly stopped.” I shrugged.

“Oh...” She said before scanning the cable car. I watched as her brow furrowed. “Why are all the girls in here staring at you?”

“They are?” I said looking over my shoulder. I smirked as I turned to look at her once again. “Why do you ask? Jealous?”

She chuckled. “Jealous? TOP sshi, you think very highly of yourself you know that?”

“Well, at least you know I’m comfortable and confident enough in my own skin right?”

“Hmm... true. And I like that...”

“What’s that you said? You like me?” I teased with a grin. I couldn't care less about the gagging sound made by my servants. So what if I’m... cheesy? I like it.

Two beautiful red spots appeared on her cheeks and she giggled embarrassedly. “Stop it TOP sshi. And look out the window. Might as well see how beautiful Seoul is while we’re stuck here...”

“You know what I think?”

“What’s that?”

“I think... you’re more beautiful than Seoul...” I winked.

“If he goes on, I’ll puke.” VI said from somewhere around me.

“Hush VI! YB is learning how to court females from our prince!” GD cut in. 



 

Chapter Posted on: Jan. 29. 2013

Ahhh! Miahnaeyo! Sorry it's sooo late! But here's another chapter! ^^ Hope you guys enjoy!!! =D